Author Topic: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000  (Read 5679 times)

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
« on: June 05, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have had a chance to check out/test ride the new Kaw Ninja 1000?

All the reviews I've read have been positive, and that engine is supposed to be pretty sweet.

Been thinking about adding this to the stable for around town/short rides, tho would prob make a pretty good tourer as well.

What cha think?
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
Re: 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »
it does look great and i took it for showroom ride (meaning: i sat on one for a few minutes). it felt good, but according to a recent article, it lost out to the suzuki 1250fa. the writers said it was more comfortable and that the ninja's exhaust frequently came into contact with the heels of the rider's feet.

Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
these are cool bikes.  the GF wants a ST type bike now after my purchase of the connie, we will have to look out for demo rides on this!

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
she wants one of her own?
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 06:36:57 AM »
she wants one of her own?

yeah, she has been riding a SV650n for about 2.5 years now and wants a ST bike now.
here is a pic of her bike with my old 109.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:46:48 AM »
if she wants a connie of her own, i've got a fully-farkled one for sale in the 'for sale' section.

Offline JSharp

• Arena
  • 2011 Ninja 1000
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 09:31:02 PM »
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have had a chance to check out/test ride the new Kaw Ninja 1000?

All the reviews I've read have been positive, and that engine is supposed to be pretty sweet.

Been thinking about adding this to the stable for around town/short rides, tho would prob make a pretty good tourer as well.

What cha think?

I traded my C10 for one.

It's not much of a touring bike. Start looking for even simple 'features' like helmet hooks and you won't find any. Storage - none. Room for 2 people - Not for very long. Hard luggage - any day now from Kawasaki. Well, maybe someday...  The flip side is that the performance and handling are about as good as you can buy for the $$ and the riding position won't kill you like a race replica. In particular the motor is an absolute jewel.  IOW, it's a naked street fighter bike/sport(y) bike with a small fairing.

yeah, she has been riding a SV650n for about 2.5 years now and wants a ST bike now.
here is a pic of her bike with my old 109.

If your GF like bikes like the SV she'll probably love it.