Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 480819 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1600 on: September 06, 2017, 05:35:39 AM »
FIFY

Was there much..... swelling?  :o

Brian

Yes, and it hurt quite a bit, but I soldiered on and finished the brew.  I did have visions of flesh eating bacteria but drank more beer and didn't worry about it any longer.  Totally fine today.  Thank goodness it was a small hornet, most likely quite sickly drunk.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1601 on: September 06, 2017, 05:39:28 AM »
One that got me was traveling in the western states, which is just an endless ribbon of two- land highway going through time zones full of absolutely nothing, and coming upon the only two cars in sight and they are side of each other. ?? ?? ?? And this happened more than once. And always doing less than the speed limit. Usually I could wake up one of the other with a high- beam flash or two but once or twice, they were dense enough that it took several tries. Absolutely amazing....

Brian

Interstate driving ...

<snip>

This makes me C&A'd.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1602 on: September 06, 2017, 11:28:50 AM »
Of those 4 dogs are any of them a Dachshund? Our Dachshund won't poop just anywhere. She takes great care in making a selection and just anywhere won't do! The stars have to be aligned, the GPS coordinates just so, and of course the ALL important scent has to be perfect in order to drop a load.

No, we don't have a dachshund. But we do have a golden retriever who is very particular about where she does her bidness. Gotta be the back yard. No place else will do. The three other dogs will gleefully poop and **** anywhere. Not the golden.

She's kinda weird. Dumber than a box of rocks, but very sweet.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1603 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
FIFY

Was there much..... swelling?  :o

Brian

Nope.   Good thing I'm not allergic to them.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1604 on: September 08, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
Round 23 in the ongoing COX event..... Just like a lot of jokes, this one is good news  / bad news.

The good news is that I received a gift debit card yesterday. Great.

The bad news is that it is for $100, not $300.

I am not sure if this is incontinence or incompetence but certainly somebody is pi$$ing into the wind.....

At least now it is getting a little interesting and along with anger and annoyance, there is a bit of amusement to go with it.

And now for the FIOS exploration.....

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1605 on: September 11, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
Hornet in my beer.   Went and pushed the granddaughter on the swing.  Came back and took a swig and felt a small lump in my mouth.  The lump was moving and stung me a few times.   Spit it out and then stomped the sh** out of it.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

How much of your beer did that bastard drink?

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #1606 on: September 11, 2017, 10:24:20 PM »
  HEY, hornets like beer. Ever thought about sharing??  :)
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1607 on: September 12, 2017, 04:58:19 AM »
Hornet in my beer.   Went and pushed the granddaughter on the swing.  Came back and took a swig and felt a small lump in my mouth.  The lump was moving and stung me a few times.   Spit it out and then stomped the sh** out of it.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

Did you lip swell up like this dude's? You should have done the Bubba shrimp bit like he did.

! No longer available
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1608 on: September 14, 2017, 06:19:51 PM »
Got a message from COX acknowledging that my 'gift' card was issued in the incorrect amount and it will be corrected.

Installment 94 of 'As the stomach turns'. No anger left about this, and I am confident they will fulfill their end of the contract but I have to say, it is now somewhere between funny and pathetic, all at the same time. A company with revenues of $20 billion (no typo- Billion) and they cannot execute a payment to a current customer without all manner of hoops, mistakes and general agony.

Oh well, competence was never needed to run a business......

Brian

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1609 on: September 14, 2017, 06:30:27 PM »
Got a message from COX acknowledging that my 'gift' card was issued in the incorrect amount and it will be corrected.

Installment 94 of 'As the stomach turns'. No anger left about this, and I am confident they will fulfill their end of the contract but I have to say, it is now somewhere between funny and pathetic, all at the same time. A company with revenues of $20 billion (no typo- Billion) and they cannot execute a payment to a current customer without all manner of hoops, mistakes and general agony.

Oh well, competence was never needed to run a business......

Sometimes I don't think they are mistakes but operating exactly as designed.  I have seen it before.  Most people will forget about the thing completely.  Others will give up after the first attempt.   It is sad, but I bet they count on "mistakes" and delays and "difficulty" because it saves them tons and tons of money.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1610 on: September 15, 2017, 07:33:09 AM »
I believe the initial 'hoops' that one has to jump through are at least partially there, if that is not the only reason, to cause some amount of non- payment.

But I am past that; they have agreed to pay and actually sent me a card, so what I think I am seeing now is just incompetence.

There is certainly no reason to believe that intentional bad behavior and incompetence cannot be happening at the same time. Throw in some bad luck and that could explain 99% of all the things that go wrong everywhere, all the time. (I would put a smiley icon here but sadly, this is not a joke)

Brian

Sometimes I don't think they are mistakes but operating exactly as designed.  I have seen it before.  Most people will forget about the thing completely.  Others will give up after the first attempt.   It is sad, but I bet they count on "mistakes" and delays and "difficulty" because it saves them tons and tons of money.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1611 on: September 29, 2017, 02:52:58 PM »
Well dip me in sheep dip and call me Doodoo! COX finally sent along the rest of the payment. Color me satisfied.

The cards they sent are only good until Dec. and Jan. 2018 respectively though. I guess one has to move right along when dealing with COX or a person could just miss- out entirely :-(  Makes me wonder how many people they have caught in their little web of rules and requirements?

Brian

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #1612 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:38 AM »
On page 108 I'll chime in...

What makes me crazy and annoyed...

My  :censored: wife...

I'm sure that has been said at least once!
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1613 on: September 30, 2017, 01:31:51 PM »
yeah....luck with that

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1614 on: September 30, 2017, 03:07:54 PM »
On page 108 I'll chime in...

What makes me crazy and annoyed...

My  :censored: wife...

You two fighting over the thermostat setting again?
Pretty much a weekly occurrence at my house.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1615 on: September 30, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
Wife is fine.   Couldn't ask for anyone better.   What makes me crazy and annoyed is working on weekends.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #1616 on: September 30, 2017, 03:50:11 PM »
You two fighting over the thermostat setting again?
Pretty much a weekly occurrence at my house.

When I'm home off ship during the summer the tstat is set at 75 during the day and 72 at night and when she complains that she is cold during the day as she always does I ask her if she was cold before I came home when she had the tstat set at 75 herself...  :o
Tony P. Crochet

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #1617 on: September 30, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »
Wife is fine.   Couldn't ask for anyone better.   What makes me crazy and annoyed is working on weekends.

What makes me crazy and annoyed is having the audacity to complain that you're bored while I'm on board ship working without so much as a day off in 4 weeks or the ability to walk barefoot in the grass...
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1618 on: September 30, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1619 on: October 08, 2017, 07:08:21 AM »
Plastic kitchen wraps of all kinds.  It either won't come off the roll, won't tear off correctly, sticks to itself once off the roll, and then doesn't stick where you want it.