Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853384 times)

Offline zrx mitch

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2740 on: June 12, 2017, 07:15:33 PM »
Parts coming in, installation soon
IBA #18591

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2741 on: June 18, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »
Installed the front Canyon Cages today. Pics on a couple of CC threads.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #2742 on: June 19, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »
Parts coming in, installation soon

Waiting for the review!

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2743 on: June 19, 2017, 09:18:56 AM »
Now that is just silly. Everyone knows you would use a commercial ore separator for a job like that; just drop the bike in using a front- end loader, shake it up to mix everything, then retreive the bike using the same loader..... and maybe 50' of chain 'cause those separators are kinda' deep. You will probably want to wrap the bike with bubble wrap first.....

Brian

I'm familiar with that equipment. A long, LONG time ago I was a mechanic in a uranium mill in NM. We had different types of ore crushers that had large grates  under them that shook such that small chunks would drop through and larger stuff would roll down unto another conveyer to be re-crushed (either impact or jaw type crushers). Yes you could put 4 or 5 C-14's on one of those grates and it would shake them up good!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2744 on: June 19, 2017, 09:24:58 AM »
See? Good idea, huh?

:-)

Brian

I'm familiar with that equipment. A long, LONG time ago I was a mechanic in a uranium mill in NM. We had different types of ore crushers that had large grates  under them that shook such that small chunks would drop through and larger stuff would roll down unto another conveyer to be re-crushed (either impact or jaw type crushers). Yes you could put 4 or 5 C-14's on one of those grates and it would shake them up good!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2745 on: June 21, 2017, 03:05:59 PM »
As I've been laid off and have oodles and gobs of time  ::), I and Mrs E. bled the front and rear brakes; and sucked out all the yellow brake fluid from the clutch. Went through about 4 pints of DOT4. Test ride, and all seems okay.

Used the Harbor Freight brake bleeding system that you connect to your air compressor. Bought 3 pair of brake bleeders, but I got the wrong size.  :P. Too big. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Used the stock bleeders instead.
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2746 on: June 24, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
Took a trip to RIC to visit family.  FREAKING 64 NIGHTMARE AS USUAL!  I don't think it is even possible to get to route 5 without some incident.  Crawling for 50 minutes to go 5 miles in the blazing sun!!!!   But the trip home was nice... well.... until it rained on me the last 30 miles.  Oh well; remember to focus on the good parts.

It is nice having tread again so I don't have to freak out at the thought of rain :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2747 on: June 26, 2017, 03:30:08 AM »
Why not 60?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2748 on: June 26, 2017, 05:38:56 AM »
Why not 60?

There is no choice of 64 for the first 15 miles of the trip (meaning I am always stuck with the tunnel).  After that, you are right, I could have jumped to rt 60.... I think it goes all the way to rt 5.  The problem is that 60 is so slow with so many traffic lights, it would take an eternity to get to 5.  Taking 5 [instead of 64 the whole way] makes the 1.5 hour trip into a 2.25 hour trip (which is very much worth it, because 5 is wonderful), adding rt 60 might make it 3 hours.

As for the accidents.  I checked Google Maps before I left and nothing.  By the time I could have taken action and jumped to 60, it was too late (tried that once, what a mess).  The only exit available was tied up for at least an hour.

10 and 460 are the only other routes.  Both require a long drive around the "outer loop" to reach.  460 is boring and covered with local cops.  10 is nice though, typically have to cross the James and get back onto 5.  Both add another hour to the trip, I think.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2749 on: June 26, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
60 isn't bad from Williamsburg to 295.  460 is also good.   Both mean more time on the bike moving.  So you leave a lttle earlier.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2750 on: June 26, 2017, 03:46:09 PM »
60 isn't bad from Williamsburg to 295.  460 is also good. 

True, but once I am at Williamsburg, I will take 499 to 5.  It is the getting to Williamsburg that is the issue.  60 doesn't save me from the tunnel, and can be very slow/tedious from there to 499.

Both mean more time on the bike moving.  So you leave a lttle earlier.

Me leaving earlier = getting up earlier in the morning.  To know me is to know that morning is not my thing :)

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2751 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »
Rode it to and from a PGR mission.
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #2752 on: July 02, 2017, 07:20:05 AM »
Since I cannot (/should not) ride until my Rotator Cuff is better, I updated the firmware in my Sena SH5-FM radio.

How exciting, right?
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2753 on: July 02, 2017, 07:35:23 AM »
Since I cannot (/should not) ride until my Rotator Cuff is better, I updated the firmware in my Sena SH5-FM radio.

How exciting, right?

Better than nothing!  I last updated my SMH10 to 5.1 on 10-25-2014.  It is a pain in the a** because stupid Sena doesn't support autonomous or Linux updating, so I have to go scrounge up an ancient laptop somewhere with MS-Windead to do it, rather than just mounting it as usbstorage in Linux and copying a file to it.  I just looked- there have been only two minor updates since, 5.1.1 and 5.1.2... certainly not worth the hassle.  They hide the release notes really well:  https://www.sena.com/category/firmware/firmware-smh10/

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2754 on: July 02, 2017, 11:16:02 AM »
Cant kill my SMH 10.  No reason to replace a good working set.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2755 on: July 02, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
Waved goodbye to her :'(
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2756 on: July 02, 2017, 01:48:41 PM »
?? ?? ??

That is your '08, right? And your '09 is 'under the weather' regarding a valve / piston mating, is it not? I thought you were considering putting the '09 (nice) clothes on the '08 (good chassis / running gear) carcass. ??

So whatcha' doin' sending the '08 away?

(none of my business of course, just asking)

Brian

Waved goodbye to her :'(

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2757 on: July 02, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »
I know I told this story, but maybe was on another forum or two. Anyway, when the 09 munched its valves I spent a bunch of hours transferring farkles and good parts and long distance equipment (AST highway pegs, Zumo harness, new tire, etc, etc. Then 5 days before departure for the MSTA national in Colorado Springs I was on a beer run and got rear ended by a teenage girl in a Toyota Corolla. Various damage to bags, Area P slip-on, rear fender BUT the main frame was broken. Totaled! :-[

sailor_chic

« Reply #2758 on: July 02, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »
That sucks!!! So Im guessing that your in the market for another one? There have been some great deals around here lately

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2759 on: July 02, 2017, 05:59:24 PM »
Yes. I picked this up Friday:

It won't really replace the C14 for two-up touring, however, so I have an agreement to purchase an 08 with 50,000 on her for a good price.