Author Topic: New and improved GoPro mounting thread  (Read 4911 times)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

New and improved GoPro mounting thread
« on: May 10, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »
Any new ideas?  I have a GoPro clone and am doing a rather monstrous trip out west, so I want to use the 'take a picture every minute' function to capture pics I might not stop to take. In a previous thread, someone mentioned a Ram mount to GoPro thing, any pictures of that?  That sounds slick.  I would want it on the left side so I could push the button while wheelying. I'm kidding but it would be better to have it on the left so I don't have to let go of the throttle while riding. 

Also, I have considered a suction cup mount on top of left hand mirror with a dummy cord.  Has that avenue been explored?

I wonder how long it can take pictures if I have it take one every minute on 12 MP and have a 32 Gb card?  I can always buy more cards. I will be on the road for 11 days, so I won't be able to offload all the data to a PC to empty the chips.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Re: New and improved GoPro mounting thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
This one looks slick but the OP didn't respond.   Wondering what the parts are, how the vibe is and if it hits the windshield when you turn the bars

I found this, which takes a GoPro camera mount to a RAM mount, which is a start.   
http://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-202U-GOP1

Now I need to get your typical Ram Mount
http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-201U

Now I need a way to mount that to the location in the picture above, where the semi vertical handlebar component mounts to the horizontal hand grip portion.  Does anyone know of a RAM mount part that performs that function.  I love Ram Mount stuff.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:14:08 AM »
The bolt holding the handlebar thingy is (from the part diagram) BOLT,SOCKET,10X37 (Ref # 92153) 92153-1440

http://www.kawasakipartspitstop.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50a99d8af87002235ccd8074/handlebar

If you got a compatible bolt and used it to bolt on an angled piece, you could bolt in a GoPro base. You wouldn't even have to worry much about the orientation, the GoPro accessories have all kinds of jointed arms that would allow you to point it any direction you wanted.

Alternately, you could put a ram-ball in the hole and attach pretty much anything to it...

Thanks for the photo - I'm going to make one of these myself.

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 11:33:40 AM »
The picture has a fabbed component.   I am trying to get off the shelf components. I am, by nature, very lazy.  I also like proven solutions.  If I could get a ram mount ball that had a longer bolt that would replace the bolt that holds those 2 handlebar components together, it would be a rather large win.

Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-B-309-7U-Motorcycle-Handlebar-Combination-Reservoir/dp/B00CIG5YHS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1462902716&sr=8-9&keywords=ram+mount+bolt

Offline Sharkey55

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »
Using the included stick on mounts that came with my GoPro I mounted it to the top of the brake fluid reservoir, however the buzzy handlebars made the video not as good as it could be.  I ended up returning to mount on my helmet.

Offline Jay

• 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00:46 PM »
After experimenting with several placement areas, I went with the Handlebar Handy Stick (ProjeKt D) and a GoPro Handlebar Mount.

Handlebar Handy Stick (ProjeKt D)
http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=162

GoPro Handlebar Mount
https://www.rei.com/product/802354/gopro-handlebarseatpost-camera-mount

- 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14, Black
- 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST (Shaft Drive)
- 1976 Triumph Bonneville 750

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 02:06:37 PM »
After experimenting with several placement areas, I went with the Handlebar Handy Stick (ProjeKt D) and a GoPro Handlebar Mount.

Neat device.  I don't think I have noticed that on their site before.  Putting something there won't block the dash, though?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 03:49:25 PM »
Looks like it might block the speedo....no biggie.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 08:36:34 PM »
Looks like it might block the speedo....no biggie.

$$!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline O.C.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 01:24:41 AM »
It doesn't have to block the instruments  ;)   
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650