Author Topic: Stranded- Can anyone help in the Pensacola/Mobile area?  (Read 1911 times)

wcgreen

Stranded- Can anyone help in the Pensacola/Mobile area?
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:04 PM »
Hey- I am in need of some help if anyone is around.  I rode my bike down to Gulf Shores for a month long job... and to be close to my dad while working, as he is in a nursing home in Pensacola.  My ride from housing to work is 55 miles round trip.  I cleaned my bike Friday and noticed I have tons of tread everywhere but the very center... where you can start to see the steel belts.  I have a new set of tires back in Tuscaloosa under my bed that came with the bike. 

Well, early Saturday morning, I got a call on my way to work that my dad had a "catastrophic" stroke.  He is going to pass away, but it could be today, or tonight. I am having to take cabs from Gulf Shores to my dad's nursing home at $100 each way and I am flat broke now- literally. 

I need to get this tire I have on my bike, but no one will mount it.  All the dealers want me to buy a tire from them- insane rates- $370 for an Angel GT mounted.  I have a brand new Angel ST I just want put on, but the only way they will do it is if I pull the wheel and bring it into them- Then they will mount it for $75.  I have no options, and I cannot pay this, and I am literally stranded and will have to bury my dad very soon. 

Is there anyone on this forum in the area nearby that I could bring the bike to to pull or pull and mount a tire?  I just thought I would ask.
Thanks,
Billy

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: Stranded- Can anyone help in the Pensacola/Mobile area?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:31:22 PM »
Really sorry to read about your Dad's health and the predicament you are in. I'm too far away to physically help with the tire change, but if you have access to Paypal, I can remit a small amount that you may find useful in some manner. Please let me know.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:38:06 PM »
Post or PM a Paypal address and I'll help with funds. I'm too far away to help physically.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:01:03 AM »
Bump.
Wish I lived closer.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 10:54:26 PM »
Have heard if you mention this forum (and one/more users here), a reputable dealer will mount/balance for a reasonable fee.

But it's probably too late  :-\ Do let us know your status.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org