Author Topic: Rear entry (easy boys!) helmet  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Rear entry (easy boys!) helmet
« on: June 27, 2017, 07:10:46 AM »
Time will tell if this is a keeper or not but happy to see a revolutionary new design on the market.

http://youtu.be/lnydMibNojo

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Rear entry (easy boys!) helmet
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »
A solution to a problem I didn't know existed. Is it just for bald guys?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »
'Too narrow to get my head in.....' 'Open it up to accept my head'. 'The solution is rear entry.....'

Oh man.

But seriously, that does look interesting but unfortunately it would kill a feature of a modular helmet that I really like- the ability to flip the front up without taking the helmet off or undoing the strap (I use quick- connect straps on my helmets and while fast and easy, they do require me to remove both gloves to strap / unstrap). Still, I bet that is a very quiet helmet without a chin shield.

Brian

Time will tell if this is a keeper or not but happy to see a revolutionary new design on the market.

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

sailor_chic

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 04:19:29 PM »
'Too narrow to get my head in.....' 'Open it up to accept my head'. 'The solution is rear entry.....'

Oh man.

But seriously, that does look interesting but unfortunately it would kill a feature of a modular helmet that I really like- the ability to flip the front up without taking the helmet off or undoing the strap (I use quick- connect straps on my helmets and while fast and easy, they do require me to remove both gloves to strap / unstrap). Still, I bet that is a very quiet helmet without a chin shield.

Brian

Brian, Brian, Brian, get your mind out of the gutter ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »

I don't like it.  It ain't natural.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
I don't like it.  It ain't natural.

Translation:  "Grrrr... get off my lawn!!!!"

I think it is pretty innovative.  Might make for less noise.  Also good for not disturbing earphones when trying to get the helmet on.   But not for the claustrophobic :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:30:39 PM »
[Sideways ONTOPIC]

Guy goes to a psychiatrist and gets a Rorschach Test (the ink blots made by folding paper into wet ink). Dr. shows the patient 10 blots and asks the man what he sees in each one. He answers:

1) Two people having sex.
2) Three people having sex.
3) Two people and a cat having sex.
4) Two women having sex.
5) Four Chimpanzees having sex.
6) Squirrels having sex in a tree. But not Kirby- that would be disgusting.
7) His cat, sleeping and dreaming about sex.
8 ) His dog, watching the cat have sexually charged dreams.
9) The first time he had sex.
10) A man lying in a peaceful slumber..... from having sex.

The Dr. tells the man he has an extreme preoccupation with sex, bordering on a personality disorder.

The patient looks at the Dr. with a shocked expression and says in exasperation "You are the one with a folder full of dirty pictures!".

So you see, I am merely responding to what others have written, referred to, pointed out and frankly, seem to be obsessed with.... TO ME! I am the normal one, in fact, I am trying to hold everyone else back by throttling them with warnings that you may have noticed (Easy Boys!).

Or, fun is where you find it and I find it absolutely everywhere.

;) ;D :o

And that still looks like a very quiet helmet, no matter how perverted the inventor or users may be.

Brian

Brian, Brian, Brian, get your mind out of the gutter ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 06:27:32 AM by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 05:35:16 PM »
Good point about the earphones or earplugs.

I wear Skull Screws (seriously, look it up) and they have a long, plastic extension (Easy Nicole! See, just trying to prevent any non- family orientated..... excursions) to make insertion and removal easy. Unfortunately, that plastic jams directly into the speakers in my helmet, both ears, and so I have to take every single pair and cut the 'stem' off with a set of wire cutters I carry just for that purpose. That helmet just may fix that whole issue, and for those who do wear earphones, not pull on the wires as all other (other than half helmets) tend to do.

Brian

Translation:  "Grrrr... get off my lawn!!!!"

I think it is pretty innovative.  Might make for less noise.  Also good for not disturbing earphones when trying to get the helmet on.   But not for the claustrophobic :)

Offline KawaRobby

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 05:57:08 PM »
This reviewer didn't seem to think too much of the test unit he tried.... .
https://youtu.be/ZvB-iNdRiX0
"A clear conscience is often the first indication of a failing memory" unknown.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 06:17:00 PM »
and for those who do wear earphones, not pull on the wires as all other (other than half helmets) tend to do.

I get around that problem by carefully pulling on the helmet.  Then attach the chin strap without touching the wires, letting them lay near my neck.  Then I thread the earphone plug and cord around the chin strap and back through.  Then I can tug on the wire all I want and it will not disturb or pull out the earphones.  Necessity is the mother of invention.  I have had lots and lots of practice.

Occasionally on a ride, one of the earphones will start coming out.  Not because of the cords, but just because they didn't seal that well to begin with.  If it is not bad, I will wait for the next stop.  If bad enough, I will stop and redo it all.  Very rare, maybe twice a year?

I am far more likely to be forced to stop by having to clean the freaking bug guts off my freaking shield.  Got a taste of that this weekend near dusk...  they are in full force right now.  Blech.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »

The market for these helmets are for the people who ride recumbent bicycles.. ::)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 05:12:15 AM »
Rear entry moved to Open.... :o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 09:53:51 AM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 01:00:54 PM »
What happens when you crash-will EMTs try to turn your head around the "right" way?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 01:06:13 PM »
What happens when you crash-will EMTs try to turn your head around the "right" way?

Don't be on a dark desert highway with cool wind in your hair without LTE coverage. Otherwise the EMT cannot scan the code for instructions. Are EMT's trained to look for such a code for instructions on how to remove a strange helmet? And if you're on your back how do the scan that code anyway?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »
Not me, but I will be on a horse with no name riding in the desert cause there ain't no one to give you no pain there.  Probably won't be wearing a helmet, though.