Author Topic: Riding HD too slow?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Conrad

Riding HD too slow?
« on: July 07, 2017, 08:58:44 AM »
Local news on a car/bike accident. (someone doesn't write very well it seems)

One person was injured following an accident Wednesday afternoon at 2:10 in the 20,000 block of East Route 38. The Ogle County Sheriff’s Office, Rochelle Fire Department, and the Rochelle Ambulance responded to the two vehicle accident. A motorcycle driven by 41 year old Shawn McConnaughay Sr. of Dixon, was travelling westbound on his Harley Davidson motorcycle at a slow speed when a Mecury Sable also travelling westbound on Route 38 rear ended the motorcycle. The motorcycle and rider were pushed into the north side ditch and the Mercury Sable driven by 23 year old Christopher Fritsch of Sterling, came to a stop on the South side shoulder of the road. McConnaughay was flown to St. Anthony’s Hospital in Rockford by Lifeline Helicopter with multiple injuries. The accident remains under investigation.

No pics of the bike but that's the car that hit the bike on the right.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Riding HD too slow?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »
Damn... that wasn't a love tap.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »
Probably texting and not watching the road. I don't care for hardleys, but when the front of your car hits something, you are at fault.
A neighbor hardley dude got rear ended a few years ago on an Interstate entrance ramp. It blows my mind to this day. Move your pile of crap off my Highway!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »
I agree.   Can't stand slowness in anything.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.