Author Topic: Robert Guillaume  (Read 1247 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Robert Guillaume
« on: October 24, 2017, 05:45:17 PM »
Robert Guillaume died today at 89.

I remember him best from Soap way back in the 1970's as the butler who would always ask 'You want me ta' get that?' when the doorbell or the phone rang. It still tickles me all these years later thinking about that. Soap was one of those ground- breaking shows that was actually funny. Mr. Guillaume went on to star in the spin- off of that show in Benson, and that was all good and fine but not nearly the equal of Soap IMO. Soap was also the show where Billy Crystal got his start as the 'gay son' of the main family.

Now that I am thinking about it..... 'Four S's and a B.'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   And Bert stuffing the kid's dummy (ventriloquist's dummy) in the refrigerator.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Robert Guillaume
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:16:59 AM »
RIP Robert.   Soap was one funny show..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

Re: Robert Guillaume
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 06:17:58 AM »
Soap was a riot! My wife and I used to love watching it. We'd take a couple of bong hits and laugh our asses off.  8)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn