Author Topic: Black pegs for Canyon Bars?  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Thunderlizard

Black pegs for Canyon Bars?
« on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:06 AM »
Hi Folks,  I've been doing some research and cannot seem to find pegs that will fit the Canyon bars? (Looking at the MC Enterprise version...any others?)
Looks like the bars are 7/8", and all the pegs I've found are at least 1" (mostly 1 1/4")?  I'd like black pegs, so this does limit the field a bit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!
I never ride alone...my Lord and Savior is always with me.

2016 GTR1400 Silver, Shoodaben Hammer Flash! Puig Windshield, AVT PullBack Risers, Grabon Covers, AVT Peg Lowers, Wireless Phone Ram Mount, Canyon Bars with Foot Pegs, Sheepskin Saddle cover, AST Backrest and luggage rack... More to come...
Instagram: markjamesholland

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Black pegs for Canyon Bars?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:57:49 AM »
Double check the Canyon Cage size. I think 7/8 is '08-09 and 1" is '10 and up.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:10:04 AM »
I had some old ugly Kuryakan pegs on mine for years and I think they were 1" but don't know for sure. I have friend with some sweet looking black pegs from BMW or at least designed for a BMW. He paid something outrageous like $300+ but they looked nice. I think these are the ones:

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 01:01:12 PM »
I used some from RIVCO but dont recall the size. 1 inch I think. Can check when I get home.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Thunderlizard

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »
Thanks folks - you guys are great!  I would be thrilled if the bars are 1"...lots of options, and some pretty cool ones, at that. I'm not sure how far out they would need to sit, but some styles articulate so they can be positioned forward or back, high or low.

2016 GTR1400 Silver, Shoodaben Hammer Flash! Puig Windshield, AVT PullBack Risers, Grabon Covers, AVT Peg Lowers, Wireless Phone Ram Mount, Canyon Bars with Foot Pegs, Sheepskin Saddle cover, AST Backrest and luggage rack... More to come...

Offline Thunderlizard

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »
Lot's of adjustment options here...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 03:20:24 PM »
Double check the Canyon Cage size. I think 7/8 is '08-09 and 1" is '10 and up.

There are two sizes of Canons, at least for the FRONT bars, and I think your breakdown is correct.  The Gen2 were larger for some reason that I can't quite recall right now.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline xsv

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
Here are some black pegs mounted on a 7/8 bar.

Here is a link to the thread with part numbers, if interested.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,6798.msg84855.html#msg84855

I have found that these clamps need encouragement to not rotate on bar.  Here is a link to a simple fix.  After “fixing” with this method you will need to powder coat the clamps OR use a different method to completely secure the clamps.

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,7158.msg86194.html#msg86194
2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Thunderlizard

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »
Thank you all for your input! I installed the Canyon bars last night - I took my time and all went well. Took about an hour (mostly "wrench-flipping" to tighten the 7/16" lock nuts on the frame support.  :-[  )  But they look good and are well made. Kudos to MC Enterprises.
Today I ordered a set of offset pegs from Amazon, like the ones suggested earlier.

My only concern is if they will grip the bar tight enough to not spin because of the offset. Might wrap some of that rubber stretch tape on the bars first to help them grip. I'll keep you posted, and again, thanks for all your input!

Offline xsv

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 04:47:54 PM »
Thank you all for your input! I installed the Canyon bars last night - I took my time and all went well. Took about an hour (mostly "wrench-flipping" to tighten the 7/16" lock nuts on the frame support.  :-[  )  But they look good and are well made. Kudos to MC Enterprises.
Today I ordered a set of offset pegs from Amazon, like the ones suggested earlier.

My only concern is if they will grip the bar tight enough to not spin because of the offset. Might wrap some of that rubber stretch tape on the bars first to help them grip. I'll keep you posted, and again, thanks for all your input!

If the rubber tape does not work hit the inside of the clamp with wire feed to form a small bump.  The bump will work to prevent the clamp from spinning.  You will need to repaint the clamp though.  good luck.
2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Thunderlizard

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
If the rubber tape does not work hit the inside of the clamp with wire feed to form a small bump.  The bump will work to prevent the clamp from spinning.  You will need to repaint the clamp though.  good luck.
Good idea

Offline xsv

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 05:08:29 PM »
Good idea

On the picture I posted about 4 responses up that is what I had to do.  I tried the rubber tape and anything else I could think of, but they would spin.  Obviously get them right where you want them before cinching them down as you are going to leave a small impression in your bars if you end up having to follow my suggestion.
2015 Triumph Trophy SE