Author Topic: Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2018..The most dangerous Bill in Congress..  (Read 6872 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
OK but it sounds like the Jewish people beat you to it with the words 'putz' and (my personal favorite) 'schmuck'.

:-)

Brian

Git (slang) ... Git is a term of insult with origins in British English denoting an unpleasant, silly, incompetent, stupid, annoying, senile, elderly or childish person. As a mild oath it is roughly on a par with prat and marginally less pejorative than berk.

Full Description
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Git (slang) ... Git is a term of insult with origins in British English denoting an unpleasant, silly, incompetent, stupid, annoying, senile, elderly or childish person. As a mild oath it is roughly on a par with prat and marginally less pejorative than berk.

Well that's just great mikey, now I have to go edit my post. Ignorance was bliss.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
it all depends on context.

"Hurry up you old git" has a subtly different meaning to " you absolute git"

but then again its whee you place the emphasis :)

Well that's just great mikey, now I have to go edit my post. Ignorance was bliss.

I like schmuck as well :)

OK but it sounds like the Jewish people beat you to it with the words 'putz' and (my personal favorite) 'schmuck'.

:-)

Brian

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline sanmo

• Arena
I would imagine that surveillance and prevention of domestic terrorism is a good thing, though the emphasis on white supremacists in the preamble is somewhat disconcerting. Much of the brouhaha about liberty being sacrificed in the pursuit of safety is ridiculous since we already have the Patriot Act and the Freedom Act doing much of the heavy lifting. The OP's outrage and anxiety are somewhat misplaced since both Presidency and a compliant Congress is controlled by one party. Federal judge appointments and the composition of the SC should facilitate matters. That is unlikely to change in the near future since the Dems have neither a coherent agenda nor a charismatic candidate to change the status quo.
The OP's frequent bashing of Dems as scum-bag leftists is quite ironic since the Rep faithful have been totally played by the ultimate leftists...the Russians. But hey, the end justifies the means, right?
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
 :rotflmao: I reread the whole thread and didn't any where that the op called the leftist dems 'scumbags'.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
:rotflmao: I reread the whole thread and didn't any where that the op called the leftist dems 'scumbags'.

Unless the OP is denying using "leftist" as a pejorative, there is an implication that the Dems are scumbags.
While we are on the subject perhaps the OP can explain why the SPLC is insidious beyond it's stated purpose of fighting hate crime. An odd name for sure, but a noble objective IMO.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Since the word pejorative means 'disparaging/insulting, etc.'  I think the op is using the word 'leftist' as an accurate descriptive word to characterize the political leaning of the majority of self-proclaimed adherents to the principles of the modern Democrat Party.

As to the Questioners request for information about the hate group the Southern Poverty Law Center, the op would suggest a bit of open minded research by the Questioner into the political motivations and fundraising activities and money laundering in offshore accounts that Mr. Dees is promoting and actively participating in. Though I expect that not to happen.

Damn, this is fun.... :banana :banana :banana

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Damn, this is fun.... :banana :banana :banana

Yes. Soon a transition to the royal "we".

Since the OP denies pejorative use of "leftist", the allegation of Dem scumbagginess has been withdrawn.
The Questioner would prefer specific evidence, ideally from unbiased sources, of the SPLC misdeeds instead of nebulous assertions.
Now, wait a minute....YOU are the OP. That makes me the Questioner? Yikes......
(On the bright side, in a couple of months I will be too busy riding my C14 to engage in this friendly banter.)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Spring is just around the corner.  :chugbeer: