Author Topic: For those who have a mcrcruise, which switch did you pick?  (Read 1790 times)

Offline katata1100

For those who have a mcrcruise, which switch did you pick?
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:49:55 AM »
They have an option for upper switch and lower mounted switch. Which one is easier to use. From the pic, it looks like lower might be easier to use, accessible by thumb, but I don’t know.

Offline bowtie39

Re: For those who have a mcrcruise, which switch did you pick?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
Have a lower switch however, haven't been around a top mount so not a fair comparison.  I do like it low and will agree about the thumb use is easy.  Don't use a large tank bag so the switch doesn't interfere with it but can see where a large bag may be bumped at full turn of the bars.  That's the only down side I see with a lower.  It's under the bikes switch cluster and not real noticeable ;D and for some reason I like that

Now for the cons or should I say only a con.  The top mount will put it IMO at a easier spot to see.  Just a quick glance at almost instrument gauge level so no hunting the buttons. 

So now I've not really given a clear choice but I do like the lower. 
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline katata1100

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:02:27 PM »
That’s real helpful. It seems to me that if it were mounted on top,it would require taking the hand off the grip to use it.
With lower, it looks like it can be activated with the thumb while keeping four fingers in the grip.

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »
Kinda sorta.......still a reach to do that since it's to the right.  The ON/OFF is all the way to the right on the switch. 

Let's not overthink this.  If whichever mount you get isn't going to work you can change that.  Easy, don't know cost, to do with their system. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:06:31 PM by bowtie39 »

Offline katata1100

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
Ok, just ordered it. They have a 15% off sale. That, combined with a drop
in the Australian dollar, the price delivered to my home in NV should be around $783.

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 10:21:42 PM »
 :banana

Offline katata1100

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »
Bought the bike new, put Sargent seat, guhl, large screen, risers, iPhone holder on it. My b day is next week and I felt it was time for a makeover so...
Got a used delkovic 18” slip on
Replacing Guhl tuning with mountain runner tuning
Getting mc cruise .
Just got to install it before I ride to the redwoods at the end of this month, and do what I like to do most- long trips ( without wife!)through redwoods and drinking lots of microbrew while watching day 1 and day 2 of baseball in a brew pub!
Did I mention I’ll be watching two entire mlb  games at two different brew pubs, no wife, from start to finish?

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 10:33:17 PM »
You should find the install not too challenging.  Just use their step by step instructions and all will go well.  This one is easier than the previous ST1300 and has the electro servo!

Have fun,
Roger

Offline katata1100

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 12:29:40 PM »
I nibbled away at the install these last ten days. My garage was in the mid 20's, that limited my enthusiasm to get it done.Right now, it is all installed, I did the setup procedure and next, I will take it (even though the bike has fairing and windshield removed) for a ride (unless it is pouring rain as it is predicted). If the cruise works fine, I'll start to reassemble the bike and be happy.
I call this a bike "makeover", in the last month, got a Delkovic 18" slip on, Mountain runner reflash and mccruise. Hopefully, this will make my '11 C14 feel like a new bike.