Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 700646 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2500 on: May 26, 2017, 10:20:35 AM »
Moles are horrible to catch.  I go so incensed with them some years back I actually sat in a chair and waited for them to start digging..  Never caught one.

They have torn up my yard and led to the death of at least 6 bushes now.

The best deterrent I've seen is using that white grub killer.   Spread that on the lawn periodically and it seems to keep them away.

Tried that, didn't seem to help.  My yard has gazillions of worms, so that probably keeps them happy.

...just make sure your neighbor doesn't use it and they'll move on...  8)

Neighbors do nothing, so the moles have free reign.  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2501 on: May 26, 2017, 11:07:14 AM »
if you kill the food the moles eat in your yard (the grubs) they will go elsewhere (the neighbors) to dine.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2502 on: May 26, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »
if you kill the food the moles eat in your yard (the grubs) they will go elsewhere (the neighbors) to dine.

I did, with milky spore, supposedly.  But they like worms just as much as grubs and my yard is full of worms.  I don't think I would want to kill those (if there were even a way).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2503 on: May 26, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »
I thought the same, but the worm population appears to be going well.  I'm thinking the grub killer makes either the soil or the worms taste bad, not that I have any experience eating dirt or worms...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2504 on: May 26, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »
I thought the same, but the worm population appears to be going well.  I'm thinking the grub killer makes either the soil or the worms taste bad, not that I have any experience eating dirt or worms...

Are you talking about milky spore or something else?  Milky spore is a natural bacteria that attacks the grubs and comes in a white power that you put a teaspoon on the lawn every X feet and it takes a season to start working and then continues working for something like 10 years (supposedly).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_spore

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2505 on: May 26, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »
Are you talking about milky spore or something else?  Milky spore is a natural bacteria that attacks the grubs and comes in a white power that you put a teaspoon on the lawn every X feet and it takes a season to start working and then continues working for something like 10 years (supposedly).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_spore

Chemicals man....better living through chemistry

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2506 on: May 27, 2017, 02:38:22 PM »
I don't know.  It says it kills grubs.  I didn't read the fine print except to what to set the spreader to.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2507 on: May 27, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »
I don't know.  It says it kills grubs.  I didn't read the fine print except to what to set the spreader to.

Sounds like it is not milky spore.

Just got another severe thunderstorm watch on my phone, guess I won't be taking the bike out tonight :(

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2508 on: May 27, 2017, 05:01:23 PM »
And not even an (Easy Boys!). Sheesh.

Brian

Sounds like it is not milky spore.

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline O.C.

« Reply #2509 on: May 28, 2017, 02:21:28 AM »

:rotflmao:  so so true, there are currently a few adult rabbits on our lawn and they seem to be hatching offspring who have taken a great liking to some of the plants on our borders, the little sods are tempting me to open fire with my air rifle  (but don't tell SWMBO)

I guess the alternative is to chase them away with the lawn tractor ....but that could be messy  :o   

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2510 on: May 28, 2017, 10:59:54 AM »

...there are currently a few adult rabbits on our lawn and they seem to be hatching offspring who have taken a great liking to some of the plants on our borders, the little sods are tempting me to open fire with my air rifle 

The Germans have a solution: LINK

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2511 on: May 28, 2017, 10:42:16 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Loved the recipe:

2x rabbits, preferably wild. If not available, try domestic.......

Imagine going outside and grabbing your kid's pet rabbit, and serving it to your kids for supper...... :yikes: :rotflmao:
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2512 on: May 29, 2017, 06:44:09 AM »
Gross

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2513 on: May 29, 2017, 08:44:14 AM »
... Imagine going outside and grabbing your kid's pet rabbit, and serving it to your kids for supper...... :yikes: :rotflmao:

And to be EXTRA cruel, don't tell them until after dinner... 

(OK, OK, maybe not so funny to do... probably scar them for life.  But kinda funny to think about...  Quickest way to turn your kids vegan...)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline O.C.

« Reply #2514 on: May 29, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
I've eaten Rabbit and it's not to my taste....threatening them with an appearance on my dinner table isn't working BTW  :rotflmao:
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2515 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:38 AM »
I've eaten Rabbit and it's not to my taste....threatening them with an appearance on my dinner table isn't working BTW  :rotflmao:

Perhaps you're not doing it right?

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2516 on: May 30, 2017, 07:24:04 AM »
Perhaps you're not doing it right?
Suffering succotash...

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2517 on: May 30, 2017, 07:28:06 AM »
Suffering succotash...

You watched Cash Cab last night?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2518 on: May 30, 2017, 07:36:45 AM »
You watched Cash Cab last night?

No, although I have seen Cash Cab before (years ago).
I grew up on Looney Tunes... best stuff ever!

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2519 on: May 30, 2017, 08:54:18 AM »

Sheesh...   What a maroon !

2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......