Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 673283 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2480 on: May 20, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »

Who needs 16' of gate to get in a zero turn? Yard tractor? There's not enough room in the back yard for a semi-truck.

Wouldn't be so bad, but when the POS hinges on that 16' of gate decide to go belly-up, that makes it a PITA. Have you priced three pairs of heavy-duty galvanized hinges? Gate latch?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr................

Probably some sort of camper/RV and limited backing skills justified it for the P.O., and the hinges lasted as long as he needed them to...so....now you have a choice...farkles, or hinges.

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2481 on: May 20, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »
Have you priced three pairs of heavy-duty galvanized hinges? Gate latch? Grrrrrrrrrrrr................

Have you priced a whole new privacy fence?  Mine is almost completely fallen apart now...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2482 on: May 21, 2017, 05:46:08 AM »
The previous owner of my home put in a fence with an 8 ft. double gate.

Who needs 16' of gate to get in a zero turn? Yard tractor? There's not enough room in the back yard for a semi-truck.

Wouldn't be so bad, but when the POS hinges on that 16' of gate decide to go belly-up, that makes it a PITA. Have you priced three pairs of heavy-duty galvanized hinges? Gate latch?

What about adding a couple of heavy duty swivel caster wheels under the ends to help support the weight? 

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-pneumatic-swivel-caster-42485.html

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2483 on: May 21, 2017, 06:24:43 AM »

What about removing one side of the gate and replacing it with fencing?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2484 on: May 22, 2017, 09:43:50 AM »
Have you priced three pairs of heavy-duty galvanized hinges? Gate latch?

No, not yet. I need more info...wood gate or chain link? As you can see by other's posts we want to help and interfere in your business even if you were only venting and hoping
for us to fall in and criticize the previous owner for his POS hardware selection. That would be close to emoting, we don't do that here. We want to FIX IT.  :thumbs: ;D

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2485 on: May 22, 2017, 09:55:29 PM »

How about just quit using one side. Now you have an 8' gate. Or a 16' gate if you ever need one some day.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2486 on: May 23, 2017, 08:48:15 AM »
RIP James Bond.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2487 on: May 24, 2017, 04:56:39 AM »
Probably some sort of camper/RV and limited backing skills justified it for the P.O., and the hinges lasted as long as he needed them to...so....now you have a choice...farkles, or hinges.

Well, given that the entire back yard is grass/weeds on relatively soft Mississippi Delta soil, that idea may have been in the back of the previous owner's mind, but he never followed through with concrete or asphalt on which to park the thing.

Actually, I was able to do both -- farkles and hinges. Canyon Cages arrived yesterday, and I installed the last set of galvanized hinges (18" long) last week. Of course, the credit card bill for the cages hasn't arrived yet....
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2488 on: May 24, 2017, 04:58:15 AM »
How about just quit using one side. Now you have an 8' gate. Or a 16' gate if you ever need one some day.
That's sorta what happens, except I have a 54" zero turn with a fold-down grass chute that I need to squeeze through one gate. I open both gates only because I'm a bad zero turn driver. :-)
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2489 on: May 24, 2017, 04:59:30 AM »
Have you priced a whole new privacy fence?  Mine is almost completely fallen apart now...

Nope, and I ain't gonna get started on that idea.
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2490 on: May 24, 2017, 05:00:53 AM »
What about adding a couple of heavy duty swivel caster wheels under the ends to help support the weight? 

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-pneumatic-swivel-caster-42485.html

I don't have a problem with gate sag (at least not a huge problem right now). Of course, I've got to keep filling the holes the dogs dig right at the corner post, which compromises the integrity of that post.  ::)
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2491 on: May 24, 2017, 05:01:55 AM »
No, not yet. I need more info...wood gate or chain link? As you can see by other's posts we want to help and interfere in your business even if you were only venting and hoping
for us to fall in and criticize the previous owner for his POS hardware selection. That would be close to emoting, we don't do that here. We want to FIX IT.  :thumbs: ;D

ROFLMAO. Oops, is that emoting?
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2492 on: May 25, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »
Happy 40th Birthday Star Wars.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #2493 on: May 26, 2017, 03:57:51 AM »
Attended my first Haka as the New Zealand contingent of the Task Force changed over to a new rotation. Pretty damn cool.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2494 on: May 26, 2017, 06:05:05 AM »
Wife came to me and said that a mouse was in her car.  Found shredded tissues in the back.  Put a mouse trap in and within an hour I had the bugger.  I think it got in through boxes my wife picked up at her mom's house.  Haven't found any more evidence of it as I go through vacuuming the entire car.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2495 on: May 26, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »
I have been trying to catch moles with two different traps for 2 years now.  Zero success.  I need you to come here and work your magic.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #2496 on: May 26, 2017, 07:53:34 AM »
I have been trying to catch moles with two different traps for 2 years now.  Zero success.  I need you to come here and work your magic.

Mice (there is seldom just one) are easy to trap compared to moles and the other various rodent relatives.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2497 on: May 26, 2017, 08:00:30 AM »
Moles are horrible to catch.  I go so incensed with them some years back I actually sat in a chair and waited for them to start digging..  Never caught one.  The best deterrent I've seen is using that white grub killer.   Spread that on the lawn periodically and it seems to keep them away.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2498 on: May 26, 2017, 08:33:56 AM »
...just make sure your neighbor doesn't use it and they'll move on...  8)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2499 on: May 26, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »
Yeah, and the mice are proving more than difficult enough for me to catch.

Using a variety of traps and peanut butter for bait, I am getting far more 'visits' than traps being tripped. And the worst part is, when they eat the bait, they tend to leave 'deposits'..... they are mocking me, the little bastiches!

There are some extremely effective traps out there but I cannot quite bring myself to drown the little guys..... yet. But a little more mocking and myhaps.....

Grrrrrrrrr.

Brian

Mice (there is seldom just one) are easy to trap compared to moles and the other various rodent relatives.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com