Author Topic: how to remove plastic rivets?  (Read 8481 times)

Offline h2smokin

how to remove plastic rivets?
« on: May 17, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »
I'm trying to remove flat panel under the running lights to replace those bulbs. How do the little button rivets come apart? Don't feel like having to replace those if they break, thanks

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: how to remove plastic rivets?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
They are tricky the first time.

Push the center pin in about 1/8" until it 'clicks' then remove the entire rivet- it will come out easily. To reuse the rivets, remove the center pin and install it into the rivet with about 1/8" of pin sticking out beyond the rivet head. Insert the rivet and then push the center pin in flush to the rivet head.

Brian

I'm trying to remove flat panel under the running lights to replace those bulbs. How do the little button rivets come apart? Don't feel like having to replace those if they break, thanks
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline h2smokin

Re: how to remove plastic rivets?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 05:41:50 PM »
thanks worked like a charm. Just wanted to install the little 6k led bulbs I picked up. Gonna get some spare rivets though as they are cheap looking. Thanks again