Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853194 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1060 on: April 12, 2015, 06:03:13 PM »
It rained, I worked, no riding.  Ditto for the rest of the work week.   Hope all have a great week.   tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1061 on: April 12, 2015, 06:25:27 PM »
I want to ride to Key West for a piece of Key lime pie.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1062 on: April 12, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »
Better be a damn good piece of pie. The Club wasn't that good.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1063 on: April 12, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
Went for a ride this weekend and put on a little over 800 miles. I love the performance of this bike but I definitely have some comfort issues to deal with.

Gotta get higher handlebar.  Trying to decide which route to go. Might make my own...

Larger windshield on the short list. I hit a swarm of bees about 175 miles out of Vegas. I had guts and bee parts covering the outside of the windshield,  the inside of the windshield, all over the outside face shield of the helmet, the built in sun shade of the helmet, my gloves, jacket, everywhere. It was a real mess.

I think canyon cages would be good, additional peg locations may be nice.

And a throttle lock.

Nice little ride!
I'm with ya on the bigger windshield.
I bought my risers from AST(took way to long to get here and they were not painted and only received half of what I ordered ) they work well with the stock bars.
Canyon cages allowed me to put some highway pegs that allow for a good stretch on those long rides.
Sheep skin helps with the oem seat

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1064 on: April 13, 2015, 07:04:56 AM »
Rode to COTA Saturday and Sunday for MotoGP!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1065 on: April 13, 2015, 07:20:15 AM »
Sweet!  Good race?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1066 on: April 13, 2015, 07:23:38 AM »
Sweet!  Good race?

Once Marquez got in the lead he ran away with it again this year. But Rossi and Lorenzo battles it out with Ducati for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Excellent race.

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1067 on: April 13, 2015, 07:11:08 PM »
Installed canyon cages on the 2012! I'm finally on the cage bandwagon haha. Hoping they'll only be used for a foot rest and not for the intended purpose...

Sadly while tightening the last inside brace I remembered I need to do my 15k maintenance this summer... crap  :-[
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #1068 on: April 13, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
Installed my Phil's Rack that arrived this afternoon. Thanks Phil, That is a fine piece of Farkle!!!!! really makes the Kawi top case behave.

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #1069 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »
Spent about 3 hours in the rain on I-10.   :)
Left Hammond, LA and the rain did not stop until FL.   :o

This was day 2 of my return from Austin for MotoGP and spent 2 hours in the rain the day before. 

Camping was finished. I got a hotel in Hammond.   ;)
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1070 on: April 14, 2015, 08:42:49 PM »
Spent about 3 hours in the rain on I-10.   :)
Left Hammond, LA and the rain did not stop until FL.   :o

This was day 2 of my return from Austin for MotoGP and spent 2 hours in the rain the day before. 

Camping was finished. I got a hotel in Hammond.   ;)

Haha I know that feeling, caught a bad storm on my first trip on the Concours last year. Did the same thing, hotel instead of camping that night  ;D
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline tomp

« Reply #1071 on: April 14, 2015, 09:07:01 PM »
Rained like crazy here until shortly AFTER I got to work, so took the car.  Ride to work tomorrow, and then off for the next three days.  90-100% chance of rain on those days.  Wish nature would check out my work schedule occasionally. Or maybe it did...Cruel for sure.

AZ-ZG, you did make it home OK, right?   Did you watch  the Superbike aces, too?  I do like to watch Cameron and Josh compete.  Lots of fun there.  No one runs away with it, like Marquez in GP.   tp

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #1072 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »
Planned on riding to work today (like the past couple days) but found that I'd left the key turned on last night - DUH! - battery totally dead again...

I'm starting to think I've got some kind of mental block going on here - this is the first time this season, but did it a couple times last year...

If I don't kill my battery doing this, it's going to start hating me just on general principles...

Put it on the charger and drove the van to work.

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1073 on: April 15, 2015, 08:55:48 AM »
Oh that's rough, had to drive the van instead? Check out the beeper modules you can install that make it beep like a car will when you leave it turned to on and the engine off. I've heard a few people talking about them on here before.
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline tomp

« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
Planned on riding to work today (like the past couple days) but found that I'd left the key turned on last night - DUH! - battery totally dead again...

Put it on the charger and drove the van to work.

Jamie
That's why I always lock my forks and check them before getting off the bike. Insures I turned the KIPASS OFF.   

And however we get to work, let's just be glad we have work to go to, in today's crazy world, whether in USA or Canada. 

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #1075 on: April 15, 2015, 02:54:58 PM »
That's a good idea locking the forks so you make sure you have it turned off. And yep, even if you have to ride a bicycle or run, a job to go to is always good!
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1076 on: April 16, 2015, 05:06:39 AM »
That's why I always lock my forks and check them before getting off the bike. Insures I turned the KIPASS OFF.   

And however we get to work, let's just be glad we have work to go to, in today's crazy world, whether in USA or Canada.

What is this 'work' you speak of and why should I be going there?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1077 on: April 16, 2015, 06:21:11 AM »

:battle:

Offline tomp

« Reply #1078 on: April 16, 2015, 08:25:25 AM »
Those of us, not independently wealthy, go there to keep a roof over our heads and food in our bellies.  No one has to work, it seems, as almost half of our nation is on some form of government welfare.  I'm going to work to feed and house them too, as some one's gotta do it. 

Beautiful outside right now,but Severe thunder storms heading this way, so no real riding will be done today or tomorrow.  My tires do need a couple of pounds of air, and I'll do that before riding again.   

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #1079 on: April 16, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »
Oh that's rough, had to drive the van instead? Check out the beeper modules you can install that make it beep like a car will when you leave it turned to on and the engine off. I've heard a few people talking about them on here before.

Yup. A minivan. With baby-seats and all.  Actually, it's not as bad as it sounds - It's got A/C, a decent stereo, and I can drink coffee on the way...  But no fun factor, and it costs 3 times as much in fuel...

Work?  Got to.  Well, like tomp says, I guess there are many that prove it's not absolutely necessary, but I guess I'm too proud not to. Never had to resort to govt. assistance.  So far, anyways.

Anyways, back to the topic :  (I wish I could say I had something really important on my mind when I left the bike ignition on, but, just between us, that would be untrue...)

I was thinking on this last night, and since experience has proved that I'm too dense to remember to turn the darn thing off...

I wondered if someone experienced in designing/making electronic type farkles would have any ideas whether it would be possible to make an inline circuit that would kick in if the ignition key was 'on' but the engine was not running for a specified amount of time (say 5 or 10 minutes) and cut the power to the ignition - to be reset by turning the key to either 'Off' or 'Lock'...?  I think I could make a circuit to run a relay on a timer  (using a programmable ATTiny chip...) that could cut power, but how to make it so it'd need to be turned off to re-enable it is beyond me...

What'd'ya think?

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......