Author Topic: Pizza Night, in P'Ville...  (Read 764 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Pizza Night, in P'Ville...
« on: December 20, 2019, 06:14:40 PM »
We always made our own dough, and mega pizzas, but on our last move, we lost the big bowl for our Kitchen aid mixer.. and have not replaced it yet.. (big $$$$$).. so we have been (for the last couple years) making due with DiGiorno Surpremes...
albeit.. on steroids...
The Mixer was a supreme cool mega gift to my wife, but I bought it before we married.. I was the chef, and used it 20x more than she did.. even then, it was worth the $500 price...

Supreme, with: mega fresh chopped onion, prepped on a plate with Italian seasoning, both from a shaker, and from our garden..(dried in mass qty.), garlic, both fresh minced and powder, Onion powder,fresh ground black pepper,  ANCHOVIES... MMM , grated mozerella, pecorino, and romano, and then the oil from the anchovie drizzled on top.. OMG...   before all the basil dried up, we added that.. but man.. what a McFeast.. life is good, and making a pizza, for less than $10, out of pocket, that you could never buy anywhere..... priceless..  oh, this time I added some aged Blue cheese, crumbled under the onion layer... that cost $0.75, for that booster..

making a $5 Dollar Store pizza, into a thing like that.. ya gotta say MEH to the Domino guy.

Back to the KitchenAid... it's bee sitting on the counter for 8 years... unused... kinda like a Conni with no rear tire...
bummer, I guess BedBathN Beyond, will be my Christmas store this weekend..

reurecting the "Epicurion" KitchenAid..  (I don't think you can get them anymore... this was the mega mixer)

and when cut (doing that now) and plated.. come the "ground Ghost Pepper dusting", just... becasue...\mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 07:05:43 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Re: Pizza Night, in P'Ville...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:52 PM »
That looks fantastic but hold the salty fish.
But I haven't tried anchovies in many years and now I find things I didn't like I do now.
I should try them again.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 04:58:44 PM »
But I haven't tried anchovies in many years and now I find things I didn't like I do now.
I should try them again.
They’re still gnarly.  Trust me.
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »
I should try them again.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hail: :hail:

I was the same way, all thru my life... I always liked Sardines(thanks to my dad), but never could deal with anchovies.. don't know why.. then, like 25 year ago, I had some foods with them in it, expert fellow chef's created, then it was "all in..."  my wife is half Jewish, Half deep "Piedmont'e" Italian.. she and I make a "sauce/dip" called Bagna càuda

I've watched people turn and run, but after actually tasting it were amazed at the flavor profile...

when prepared correctly, the tiny bones actually dissolve, and you can never perceptive they were ever there.

Mind you, when we make it, we go thru like 8 full garlic heads, full pealed heads, and like a half pound of anchovies, with the best olive oil we get.. (easy here where I live.. and I bring Bagna càuda to the market, and trade it for olive oil..).. after we make it, we line Ice cube trays with saran wrap, and make "cubes" of it, to store in the freezer... I'm making a batch tomorrow, for Christmas, just for us...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagna_c%C3%A0uda

Bon Appetite..

the only addition I make, is good butter, during the last half hour of it' cook time.. ( we cook this for "hours", to allow complete migration)... this spring, I intend to search my forest resources for Truffles... and with that addition, I feel the recipe will be "complete".... and perfect in every way...

I keep changing recipes, and may try other oils, and enhancers.. but so far I have 3 recipes and they work great..  gonna try Chantrell, and Morel mushroom additions this year also

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..