Author Topic: Heli Horizon ST question  (Read 1602 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Heli Horizon ST question
« on: December 10, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
Can anyone who has an ABS bike with the Heli Horizon ST setup comment on the quality of the replacement lines?  I am not talking about the extensions, I am talking about the $50.00 upgrade lines.  I called Heli and the said the lines are 68.00 each for the clutch and brake side if not ordered with the bars.  Lastly can you tell me what lines are included in the BRAKE side?  I only intend on changing the line from the master cylinder to the junction on the steering neck.  Any help or photos will be much appreciated.  I am debating the $138.00 for this option vs ordering Galfer lines.   

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Heli Horizon ST question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
I have them. They came with my bars when I specified 2010 ABS. They are just from the masters to the junctions on the neck but 6" longer then OEM. They appear to be of similar type and quality as OEM. Pictures to follow.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
From the clutch master.

The bottom end of the clutch line with the junction:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »
BTW, I have no idea how these compare to the Galfer in quality or price. And yes I got the replacements for both the clutch and front brake. The biggest difference between these and OEM other then length is that these do not have a banjo to attach to the front of the triple tree.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 02:05:55 PM »
More pics.

The OEM line with the banjo (or whatever you call it) in the middle which attach's to the front of the triple tree:

Another look at the clutch side. The line is held in place by the retainer (no banjo) as well as a black tie wrap and loops around to the junction box at the end (note the yellow collar):

The brake side is identical.