Author Topic: MFW Vario Passenger Pegs  (Read 9896 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
MFW Vario Passenger Pegs
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »
I recently decided to sell the ProjektD passenger lowering peg kit and try the MFW Vario peg kit due to its range of adjustments.  The ProjektD pegs were outstanding on my 2009 with the factory exhaust.  I purchased an 2010 exhaust and they were a little too close for my liking although they did fit.  I have changed and modified exhaust as well as ECM settings on just about everything I have ever owner, from a 2010 Camaro SS to a Harley Electra Glide.  I decided to keep the C14 factory at least for now and I liked the 2010 caps and heat shield better, enough about that.  A couple members asked me to post info on the MFW Vario kit as there are very few of them installled.

My PERSONAL opinion is that the ProjektD kit is fine and will satisfy 90% or more of us.  If I did not have an issue with the proximity of them to my current exhaust I would have kept them.  They actually were positioned perfectly on the 2009 exhaust.  After the fact I would have possibly heated the shield on the exhaust and used a ball peen hammer to clearance the ProjektD pegs prior to powder coating but that's water under the bridge now.

The MFW Vario kit is well machined and installed in moments.  It is comprised of three components.  The Mounting Bracket, Arms, and Pegs.  It has multiple positions of adjustment with just the turn of an allen head bolt so in the future they may be better used.  The pegs I chose have rubber inserts (MFW Super Grip) but there are 2 other styles to choose from.  The are about 75.00 more than the ProjektD and possibly worth it depending on your needs.  They longest arm is 50 mm which is about 1/4" to 3/8" inch shorter than the ProjektD arms.  I purchased them from here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4695/602/

here are a few shots:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:07:13 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline vivo

Re: MFW Vario Passenger Pegs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:25:12 PM »
They look great! Do they fold and if so can you post a shot?

vivo

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
Very interesting.

My wife after going for her first ride with the saddlebags says I need to get either higher pegs for her or maybe lower? She was saying that her heels were against the saddlebags and her heels on her boots were able to catch the peg, but she could not get the ball of her feet to be centered on the pegs. She also was just saying that every time we took off form a stop, when I would bring my feet up and onto the pegs, my boots would hit her boots. So, she originally was saying she needed higher pegs and I was questioning that. These would allow us to try all the options but I think I would only get the long arms.

Anyone else have a passenger complain about foot position?
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:07 PM »
They look great! Do they fold and if so can you post a shot?

vivo

:popcorn:

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »
Yes, they do fold:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 12:52:28 PM »
They look good Alpha!  :thumbs:

Offline koval68

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »
Anyone else have a passenger complain about foot position?
Yes, my loving wife!
I'm interested in this mod.....I don't have a choice.....When Mama's not happy nobody is happy. She's already suggesting a Goldwing for my next bike..... :o :'(
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »
I like the fact that the factory pegs are replaced and there are other options for different peg styles.  I chose these for the rubber inserts but they are not really cushy.   I guess with all things considered the pricing is not bad when taking into account the other products are just drop brackets with no pegs or adjustment options.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 05:42:35 PM »
They look nice!

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 10:47:37 PM »
I recently decided to sell the ProjektD passenger lowering peg kit and try the MFW Vario peg kit due to its range of adjustments.  The ProjektD pegs were outstanding on my 2009 with the factory exhaust.  I purchased an 2010 exhaust and they were a little too close for my liking although they did fit.  I have changed and modified exhaust as well as ECM settings on just about everything I have ever owner, from a 2010 Camaro SS to a Harley Electra Glide.  I decided to keep the C14 factory at least for now and I liked the 2010 caps and heat shield better, enough about that.  A couple members asked me to post info on the MFW Vario kit as there are very few of them installled.

My PERSONAL opinion is that the ProjektD kit is fine and will satisfy 90% or more of us.  If I did not have an issue with the proximity of them to my current exhaust I would have kept them.  They actually were positioned perfectly on the 2009 exhaust.  After the fact I would have possibly heated the shield on the exhaust and used a ball peen hammer to clearance the ProjektD pegs prior to powder coating but that's water under the bridge now.

The MFW Vario kit is well machined and installed in moments.  It is comprised of three components.  The Mounting Bracket, Arms, and Pegs.  It has multiple positions of adjustment with just the turn of an allen head bolt so in the future they may be better used.  The pegs I chose have rubber inserts (MFW Master Grip) but there are 2 other styles to choose from.  The are about 75.00 more than the ProjektD and possibly worth it depending on your needs.  They longest arm is 50 mm which is about 1/4" to 3/8" inch shorter than the ProjektD arms.  I purchased them from here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4695/602/

here are a few shots:

WOW NICE LOOKING.  ;D

Are they fixed or do they flip up?

2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 10:43:53 AM »
There is a photo above of them flipped up, the last one.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 08:18:01 AM »
The MFW Vario kit is well machined and installed in moments.  It is comprised of three components.  The Mounting Bracket, Arms, and Pegs.  It has multiple positions of adjustment with just the turn of an allen head bolt so in the future they may be better used.  The pegs I chose have rubber inserts (MFW Master Grip) but there are 2 other styles to choose from.  The are about 75.00 more than the ProjektD and possibly worth it depending on your needs.  They longest arm is 50 mm which is about 1/4" to 3/8" inch shorter than the ProjektD arms.  I purchased them from here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4695/602/

here are a few shots:

Alpha, after looking at the MFW site, I am not finding the pegs you used. You say you used the MFW Master Grip, but the Master Grip pegs don't have the rubber insert and don't have the 050000400-1 part number (I can't find that on their site). I am ready to order and wanting to make sure I know what I am getting.
Scott
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »
Oh, I did find a link to "Super Grip" pegs, but the MFW site doesn't have them on there. Those are what you have.
Scott

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 02:59:25 PM »
You are absolutely correct, I have Super Grip not Master Grip, (corrected above).  I did not use the MFW site and if memory servers me correctly they are not on the MFW site.  I used Twisted Throttle and the link is shown in the original post.  Here it is:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4695/602/

Here is the Super Grip info only, not the kit:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4663

You can also buy them from a few other dealers but TW was the cheapest I could find.  They did take a few days to ship in addition to the regular delivery time so I do not know if it was drop shipped or what.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
I placed my order yesterday after I figured out which ones they were. I got a confirmation e-mail that everything except the Super grip pegs shipped and they are supposed to ship out on Friday.
Scott

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »
Use loctite and double check after about 50 miles.   Hope they work out for ya.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 07:33:35 PM »
Good tip. Will do.
Scott

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »
I got all the parts and installed them and this is the first opportunity to get pictures.

Down for riding with the wife:

Up for single riding:

I have not gone riding with my wife yet and won't for a few weeks, but I think this is more what she wanted in the first place. She never wanted the pegs lower, she always said higher (she has short legs and the ProjecktD peg extenders didn't work out as it put her legs too low.
Scott