Author Topic: Ronnie's Highway Pegs, Murph's Lowering Pegs, and ProjektD Passenger Pegs.  (Read 39305 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
I have Murph's lowering pegs on my C14 and am awaiting the Ronnie's Highway Pegs.  I did not think about it until now but I am curious to know if the hole in Ronnie's Pegs is large enough to support the adjustment made to the shifter?  The shifter had to be rotated counter clockwise to accommodate the drop in Murph's pegs.  I appreciate any input, thanks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:40:00 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
I originally posted a question about the fitment of Ronnie's Pegs and Murph's Lowering pegs.  I have discovered that they work fine with one another.  I am changing this thread to a quasi review of Ronnie's Highway Pegs, Murph's Lowering pegs, and the ProjektD Passenger Lowering Pegs.

Ronnie's Highway Pegs

These are an OUTSTANDING product!  I had a hard time spending the $291.00 for highway pegs but after you see the quality, thought, and overall engineering on these you will surely know that you made the right decision.  Now be forewarned that these are not the Harley style where you will be laying back like in a recliner.  They allow a conservative change of position for your knees and provide relief from the same bend that seems to cause a cramp in my right knee.  The package arrived promptly after I mailed my check to Ronnie, that's right no Paypal transactions on this one.  It came with excellent detailed instructions and color photos.  My best advice is TAKE YOUR TIME!  It is easy to get anxious because you want  to see the end result but resist the temptation!  There is some drilling and tapping involved but the tap is included.  I took my time, read and re-read the instructions, and finished the install in about 1.5 hours.  Below are a few photos of the finished product.  In addition here is a link for additional photos and contact info:   http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?opic=25570.msg93471#msg93471

Murph's Lowering Pegs

I installed the Murph's Lowering Pegs prior to Ronnie's Highway Pegs.  They helped with the problem that I was having with my right knee.  I am not an aggressive rider in the twisties so I have not had any problem with them dragging at the current time.  They are well machined and a worthy purchase.  http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=130_133&products_id=401

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:35:12 AM by 556ALPHA »

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Ronnie's Highway Pegs and Murph's Lowering Pegs question.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
ProjektD Passenger Lowering Pegs

I ordered these and they arrived 7 days later from Tiawan.  Their communication was outstanding and very easily understood.  I made the purchase on Ebay but in the future I may just deal directly with them.  I was going to go with the MCL pegs but due to recent circumstances and a lack of returned email I decided against it.  These pegs installed in about 10 minutes and greatly reduce the knee angle for the passenger.  My initial opinion is that they are worth the $105.00 investment. http://projektd.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_39&products_id=132

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:06:07 PM by 556ALPHA »

Offline Deathwish

Good! Just received Ronnie's Highway pegs and am very impressed with the quality of Ronnie's product. Especially like the large color photos in the installation guide. Great work Ronnie!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
I took an overnight trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway a couple weeks ago and these were a life saver.  It also helped with moving around in the saddle to survive the stock seat.  I have the Spencer Mod but it is only good for about an hour and a half to me before my buttocks is in need of a break.   

Offline accbiker

Ronnie's Highway Pegs

These are an OUTSTANDING product!  I had a hard time spending the $291.00 for highway pegs but after you see the quality, thought, and overall engineering on these you will surely know that you made the right decision.  Now be forewarned that these are not the Harley style where you will be laying back like in a recliner.  They allow a conservative change of position for your knees and provide relief from the same bend that seems to cause a cramp in my right knee.  The package arrived promptly after I mailed my check to Ronnie, that's right no Paypal transactions on this one.  It came with excellent detailed instructions and color photos.  My best advice is TAKE YOUR TIME!  It is easy to get anxious because you want  to see the end result but resist the temptation!  There is some drilling and tapping involved but the tap is included.  I took my time, read and re-read the instructions, and finished the install in about 1.5 hours.  Below are a few photos of the finished product.  In addition here is a link for additional photos and contact info:   http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?opic=25570.msg93471#msg93471

I could not agree more.  By far the best $291 that I have spent on this bike.  Ronnie has some really great craftsmanship.  You really have to see them to understand the care that he took in making these.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline moto madness

I also recently purchased these Highway Pegs.  556ALPHA is correct about taking your time.  My install went perfectly with the help of my wife eye-balling my hand drill from the rear of the bike making sure I was level while drilling.  Also, make sure you have SHARP bits and easier using serveral bit sizes to work your way to the final size hole.

These are well constructed as previously noted and appear well worth the investment.  Also I must add that they DO NOT appear as aftermarket.  They tend to blend with the bike and actually not that noticeable.  Great design!

I have not taken my long ride yet from So Cal to So Dakota but these pegs should save my knees!

I do have a couple comments.  First, I'll need to train my feet to be able to raise and lower the pegs without having to look down.  My initial ride out on a local So Cal freeway I could not find the pegs using braille and had to take my eyes off the road a moment to find the pegs.  If you ever ride on L.A. freeways, you don't want to take your eyes off the road for a millisecond.  Again, i was only testing them as my main use will be for long trips on open road. 

Second, with the left highway peg down and while using the shifter in the normal foot position, I tend to hit the lowered highway peg with the tip of my shoe.  No biggie, I just need to get used to the peg being down and move my left foot further back .... or flip the peg back up when not in use. 

Any comments from others?
2009 Connie 14 ABS
2007 F800ST BMW; sold

Offline accbiker

I do have a couple comments.  First, I'll need to train my feet to be able to raise and lower the pegs without having to look down.  My initial ride out on a local So Cal freeway I could not find the pegs using braille and had to take my eyes off the road a moment to find the pegs.  If you ever ride on L.A. freeways, you don't want to take your eyes off the road for a millisecond.  Again, i was only testing them as my main use will be for long trips on open road. 

Second, with the left highway peg down and while using the shifter in the normal foot position, I tend to hit the lowered highway peg with the tip of my shoe.  No biggie, I just need to get used to the peg being down and move my left foot further back .... or flip the peg back up when not in use. 

Any comments from others?

Been there on both points.  I will say that all it takes is a little bit of practice.  I can bring down or push up on the pegs without looking down and almost without thinking about it now after having them on the bike for about 5 months.

I also seemed to hit the shifter occasionally with my left foot at first.  I just retrained myself to keep it a little more forward and the problem went away.

Also, it is a great habit to keep the pegs up when you are not using them. 

-David
Athens, GA

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
man those look perfect.  i might have to pick up a set of those.

Offline banjobart

Where do we purchase Ronnie's highway pegs for the C14?
2009 C1400
2007 FJR1300
2007 ST1300
2007 DL1000

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Where do we purchase Ronnie's highway pegs for the C14?

I don't think there is a web site (someone jump in if I'm wrong), I purchased these for my '10 Connie and I'm very happy with them.

try an email to: "Ronnie Agostini" <ragsag@mowisp.net>

snail mail: Connie Pegs LLC.   1652 W Riverbluff Lane   Nixa, MO 65714

Offline accbiker

No website and Ronnie only answers e-mail early in the morning or late in the evening (usually).

I have found that he is most easily reached via phone: 417 - 725 - 2432

-David
Athens, GA

PS Great pegs.

I don't think there is a web site (someone jump in if I'm wrong), I purchased these for my '10 Connie and I'm very happy with them.

try an email to: "Ronnie Agostini" <ragsag@mowisp.net>

snail mail: Connie Pegs LLC.   1652 W Riverbluff Lane   Nixa, MO 65714

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
Re: Ronnie's Highway Pegs, Murph's Lowering Pegs, and ProjektD Passenger Pegs.
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 02:39:26 PM »
I just received Ronnie's highway pegs in the mail and they are beautiful. what a work of art. After seeing them they are worth every penny. I did not expect them to look near as nice as they do.

I hope to get some install time soon and give them a try.

very nice job Ronnie ! !
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 05:35:34 AM »

Murph's Lowering Pegs

I installed the Murph's Lowering Pegs prior to Ronnie's Highway Pegs.  They helped with the problem that I was having with my right knee.  I am not an aggressive rider in the twisties so I have not had any problem with them dragging at the current time.  They are well machined and a worthy purchase.  http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=130_133&products_id=401

Just put on Murphs lowering pegs last night.  They help loosen up my legs, and the larger pad makes it easier to put my legs back and put my toes on the pegs. One question...I noticed you did not install the scraping pins in the end of the pegs.  You not do that for clearance? I put them on, and they do stick out causing me to catch them on my pants.

I also need to mess with the brake pedal tonight to lower it. Wish they had made that at easily adjustable as the shifter!
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »
Just put on Murphs lowering pegs last night.  They help loosen up my legs, and the larger pad makes it easier to put my legs back and put my toes on the pegs. One question...I noticed you did not install the scraping pins in the end of the pegs.  You not do that for clearance? I put them on, and they do stick out causing me to catch them on my pants.

I also need to mess with the brake pedal tonight to lower it. Wish they had made that at easily adjustable as the shifter!

My pants catch on the pegs enough w/o the pins and yes I wanted the extra clearance.  I adjusted the brake lever for more comfort but for some reason lost a lot of braking power.  I placed it back in the stock position.

Offline DonB

• Let's Ride
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
I got Ronnie's pegs installed today and all went as planned
he does a great job with these

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/n7myr/c14/?action=view&current=2011-10-13_12-29-06_821.jpg
2012 Candy Arabian Red C14 but it's not Red to me
2012 Blue ABS Wing
2011 White Vstrom                               = o&o>

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »

Installing my Murph's pegs and have a quick question - how in the world were you able to adjust your brake pedal so low?  Mine's shortened up about as far as it can go and it's pretty much level with the back side of the peg.  Only option I see would be to eliminate the back lock nut then screw the u-bracket/nut all the way up to the adjustment nut on the rod itself.  Only downside is that it would result in a fixed height with no option for adjustment.  Doubt going to a thinner lock nut would get me low enough.
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

MGvalerio

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »
Mia progettazione,come di alza manubri e piastra bauletto.

My design, as raised handlebar plate and trunk.

Regolabili in profondità       Adjustable in depth

Regolabili in profondità e orizzontalmente       Adjustable in depth and horizontally

MGvalerio.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
I agree Ronnie's pegs are the best farkle I've added to my 09 C14. I also found the during a gentle drop the peg brackets will help keep the lowers from being damaged. That story is in the CDA section. The pegs were a leg saver when I rode to the Dragon last year.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline vwtom

• tom altman
Re: Ronnie's Highway Pegs and Murph's Lowering Pegs question.
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »
ProjektD Passenger Lowering Pegs

I ordered these and they arrived 7 days later from Tiawan.  Their communication was outstanding and very easily understood.  I made the purchase on Ebay but in the future I may just deal directly with them.  I was going to go with the MCL pegs but due to recent circumstances and a lack of returned email I decided against it.  These pegs installed in about 10 minutes and greatly reduce the knee angle for the passenger.  My initial opinion is that they are worth the $105.00 investment. http://projektd.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_39&products_id=132

I am getting the Murph's drivers pegs, but would like to lower the passenger pegs too - if they move the passenger pegs closer to the drivers.  I have big feet and like to span both pegs when on the road.

Thanks for the help.
tom