Author Topic: Heli Horizon ST Video's  (Read 152447 times)

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Heli Horizon ST Video's
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »
Found during a search, if I only had the winning lottery numbers......
Before HeliBars Horizon ST for C14

After install Horizon ST - for C14

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
Re: Heli Horizon ST Video's
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
Now, those are "ape hangers" for us older guys. I like the upright seating position, they're almost like a GoldWing. A bit high, but there's a lot of thought and engineering there.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »
Found during a search, if I only had the winning lottery numbers......

Saw those a few months ago somewhere.  The guy questioning loves saying "bahs", instead of "bars".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cuda

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
Looks like you can drive the bike from the rear seat with those!
Just got a used set of LSL's ,  going to try them this week and see what happens.

Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
Looks like you can drive the bike from the rear seat with those!

Not if you have short arms!

Something else to keep in mind, they have a number of different adjustments, so the main bar can be raised while the grips drooped, resulting in a less-far-back position.  Although there is no true length adjustment, which is a shame, since it had all kinds of other adjustments.

http://www.helibars.com/product/new-multi-adjustable-handlebars-c14
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »
It seems odd to me that philipintexas (Phil Ham) has replied to this thread but didn't mention that he is the creator of well done C14 handlebar extensions that bring the grips either three inches or four inches closer to the rider.  About a year and a half ago I saw pictures of his creation and contacted him to see about purchasing a pair.  He sent me both the three and the four inch versions for my perusal and requested I return the ones I didn't use.  By the way, he sent these to me before any money was exchanged.   A very trusting and trustworthy man is Phil.  I opted for the longer four inch version and returned the shorter ones.  When he received them he then sent me the instructions for payment.  I am extremely pleased with the result as the bike is now comfortable and there is no degradation in the handling.  I also have 2 inch risers installed.  I did have to replace both the brake and clutch hoses for longer ones but that is small payment for the comfort provided on longer journeys.  It's tough to enjoy riding when your back hurts.  With these changes my hands are now two inches higher and four inches to the rear.  Phil's extenders also offer multiple height settings in addition to bringing the grips closer to the rider.  I also use Cee Bailey's extra tall UltraTour windshield and ride in true comfort.  Here's a link to follow:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6587.msg78067#msg78067 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:48:54 AM by BudCallaghan »
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
Phil is The Man.    I know his work well.

Offline Beamer

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 08:07:49 AM »
It seems odd to me that philipintexas (Phil Ham) has replied to this thread but didn't mention that he is the creator of well done C14 handlebar extensions that bring the grips either three inches or four inches closer to the rider.  About a year and a half ago I saw pictures of his creation and contacted him to see about purchasing a pair.  He sent me both the three and the four inch versions for my perusal and requested I return the ones I didn't use.  By the way, he sent these to me before any money was exchanged.   A very trusting and trustworthy man is Phil.  I opted for the longer four inch version and returned the shorter ones.  When he received them he then sent me the instructions for payment.  I am extremely pleased with the result as the bike is now comfortable and there is no degradation in the handling.  I also have 2 inch risers installed.  I did have to replace both the brake and clutch hoses for longer ones but that is small payment for the comfort provided on longer journeys.  It's tough to enjoy riding when your back hurts.  With these changes my hands are now two inches higher and four inches to the rear.  Phil's extenders also offer multiple height settings in addition to bringing the grips closer to the rider.  I also use Cee Bailey's extra tall UltraTour windshield and ride in true comfort.  Here's a link to follow:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6587.msg78067#msg78067

Does Phil still make them?

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 08:53:01 AM »
Now all you need are forward controls...

Seriously though, those risers are a bit much. I like the idea of being able to adjust the handlebars up and down, but the Concours is a sport touring bike. It's not designed to ride like a cruiser.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »
Now all you need are forward controls...

Seriously though, those risers are a bit much. I like the idea of being able to adjust the handlebars up and down, but the Concours is a sport touring bike. It's not designed to ride like a cruiser.

Have you rode a bike with the LSLs to make a comparison?  If so, please let us know the difference it made to you.  That goes for anyone else out there.  I think it would be good to know that information either positive or negative. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
As soon as my brake line comes in the LSL's go on. ;)
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »

And just because it might have handlebars where people with short arms can reach them well, or other people don't have to lean over, doesn't make it a "cruiser".  It still has power like a sports bike, leg positioning like a sports bike, looks/design like a sports bike, and handling like a sports bike.

I don't see anything wrong or crazy or violating the so-called principles of "sport touring" by making modifications that some people need to avoid discomfort, inconvenience, or pain.  Just saying...

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »
As soon as my brake line comes in the LSL's go on. ;)

In addition to a longer brake line you will also need a longer one for the clutch.  Perhaps the throttle cables too.
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 07:30:09 PM »
I do like the stock feel , but my hands kill me after a while , so I found a used set of LSL's ( he bought those ape hangers above  ::) and I have a set of used risers coming also to try a few different things , what ever works .
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver