Author Topic: upcoming ride from Pensacola to el paso. suggestions?  (Read 2101 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

upcoming ride from Pensacola to el paso. suggestions?
« on: March 18, 2014, 04:42:33 PM »
I have 3 days to get from Pensacola, FL to El Paso, TX.  route suggestions?  Towns or cities or roads to avoid?  Must stops?  Through Austin or San Antonio?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: upcoming ride from Pensacola to el paso. suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »
1st suggest, stop by THIS PLACE to eat.  Its on I-10, google it.  Don't miss that true  Cajun food.  I stop there on all my trips, this was my coast to coast KLR ride, I did the freeway through the boring areas.

For clean clothes shopping instead of doing laundry on the road, stop at the outlet outside of New Orleans.  You'll see it from the freeway

Be prepared to be bored in TX.  But i went off roading with an interesting crowd.  One of them dropped his BRAND NEW Tenere into a mud hole.  It was a deep mud hole.

And the FL part....   well its just FL.  I suggest any "locals seafood or burger shack" along the way about the time the sun sets  ;D  8)

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »
After a meal there, I will probably be looking for a hotel room.  LOL!  Don't like to ride far after a big meal, and that sounds lime a big meal place. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:11 PM »
After a meal there, I will probably be looking for a hotel room.  LOL!  Don't like to ride far after a big meal, and that sounds lime a big meal place.

It is a big meal place, even if you don;t intend to eat a lot I promise you will  ;D

Full or not I did 500 mile days consistently on the little KLR, but the day I did 900+ miles i was full of coffee and bad attitude
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine