Author Topic: Re: ECU flashing now available  (Read 12423 times)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: ECU flashing now available
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 06:04:15 AM »
"sor e  bt it dosnt wrk that wa u wll hv 2  suppi ure own ecu"

I trust your Malay is impeccable before venturing a post in such poor taste. smh
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Bai65

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00:18 AM »
Ok can u give the address to me then i check dhl n ups how long will it takes to send to steve 😁

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 07:17:59 AM »
Ok can u give the address to me then i check dhl n ups how long will it takes to send to steve 😁

http://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/home

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Re: ECU flashing now available
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »
"sor e  bt it dosnt wrk that wa u wll hv 2  suppi ure own ecu"

I trust your Malay is impeccable before venturing a post in such poor taste. smh

Sanmo, you have to forgive max', he doesn't get out much. He sits at home watching TV when he should be bleeding his brakes. The guilt builds up inside of him
until he lashes out with these little snipes of his to relieve the pressure build up.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 03:36:53 PM »

What was posted was apparetly text message jargon :)   y for "why", u for "you", xtra for "extra", n for "in"... seemed deliberate to me.  I would never pick on someone's English, especially when non-native.  It was meant to be a funny reply back also in text message jargon.  And what I said was valid- it doesn't work that way, one would have to ship one's own ECU in for flashing.

Bai65, it if wasn't funny, I apologize (deleting it too).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2017, 10:44:52 PM »
What was posted was apparently text message jargon :)   y for "why", u for "you", xtra for "extra", n for "in"... seemed deliberate to me. 

You actually know that stuff (txt jargon)? I'm impressed.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 05:35:29 AM »
You actually know that stuff (txt jargon)? I'm impressed.

I like investigating foreign languages
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 05:54:25 AM »
I like investigating foreign languages

Sometimes things gets lost in translation though...... and more often that not, it is problematic.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 06:23:35 PM »
Sometimes things gets lost in translation though...... and more often that not, it is problematic.

Here is a fun tool for those times:

http://transl8it.com/

"now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

"nw iz d tym 4 aL gud men 2 cum 2 d aid of thR cuntrE"

Viola!  Saved a whopping 12 characters while simultaneously being elite and super-cool cryptic!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 06:35:06 PM »
<...while simultaneously being elite and super-cool cryptic!...>

"yrtunoc rieht fo pia eht ot emoc ot uem poog lla rof emit eht si wou"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 06:46:54 PM »
"yrtunoc rieht fo pia eht ot emoc ot uem poog lla rof emit eht si wou"

You made some typos there....  :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »
best I could do typing looking in the mirror... ::)

Offline Bai65

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
No probleam it just word i dont take it seriosly if u all not understand my english let me now i xplain in malay 😁i not so good in english because my school only teaching ni malay ya just forget it .about the flash ----if i flash the ecu n used the stock pipe its ok ? 2) if later after the flash n i change the aftermarket pipe should i reflasf again? And which pipe is good for c14 zg1400 2016?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 05:43:25 AM »
about the flash ----if i flash the ecu n used the stock pipe its ok ? 2) if later after the flash n i change the aftermarket pipe should i reflasf again?

Your choice of muffler barely affects flow/pressure, so it doesn't matter.  Pick any you like and it should work the same.  The only significant reason to change just the muffler is cosmetic/noise.

And which pipe is good for c14 zg1400 2016?

The one that comes with it works great.  :)

Offline Bai65

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 08:48:59 PM »
Ok thank u for info, n  how long do u all send tn get back the ecu  from steve  if 2 weeks should i disconneted the bet3 from the c14? 😁

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 09:05:39 PM »
Ok thank u for info, n  how long do u all send tn get back the ecu  from steve

That depends entirely on transit time (the carrier and options chosen for shipping).  I doubt Steve takes long on his part;  I believe the actual flashing of an ECU takes only a few minutes.

if 2 weeks should i disconneted the bet3 from the c14? 😁

What is a "bet3"... a battery?  If yes, then I do recommend disconnecting the battery before removal or installation of the ECU.  Although others have said they didn't bother and had no problems,  I like to be extra safe :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2017, 04:06:34 AM »
I believe that Steve's recommendation is to not disconnect the battery.  I did for mine and had a bit of an issue.   Don't remember what it was or how long it lasted.  It did clear itself out, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Bai65

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2017, 09:39:58 PM »
Thanks for info  be4 steve flash the ecu did he back up the stock bin files?  Me b i will sending my ecu on monday .i am worroy about my ecu without it c14 cannot start .i concent because i stay in singapore n i send the ecu at usa will it come back safely😁😁😁

Offline Bai65

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2017, 09:58:46 PM »
IF the flash it good me b i will ask my friend who ride the C14  gtr to send to steve for flash the ecu 🤗

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 12:53:46 AM »
Your FEAM (Fuel Economy Assist Mode) map will be unchanged (for gen 2), so you can switch to that anytime.  No other "backup" is going to be useful/helpful.  Yep, I would be worried too about shipping my ECU so far, but it will be worth the risk :)