Author Topic: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending  (Read 34470 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:40 AM »
I just sent the op a pm asking how the lawsuit is going. Maybe he'll enlighten us.

I doubt it.

I think if he doesn't show (which is probable), the whole thread should be nuked (or at a minimum "lawsuit pending" removed from the title).  It is almost paramount to slander against the Concours.  Not because it might be ONE PERSON'S experience [and even that is questionable] but it implies there is a huge failure that affects dozens, hundreds, or thousands of owners.... which we know isn't true.   It will show up in searches and might even on Google searches.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2018, 05:59:47 AM »
I would concur with a subject line modification.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2018, 06:24:27 AM »
He's pokin his head (easy boys) back in but not posting as far as I can tell.  I'm starting to think this is a trolling maneuver just to stir things up.

With that being said, I'm not going to nuke it or modify the subject line.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit (Allegedly) pending
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2018, 06:42:04 AM »
He's pokin his head (easy boys) back in but not posting as far as I can tell.  I'm starting to think this is a trolling maneuver just to stir things up.

Inserts word "Allegedly" in a moment of respect to HIGNFY :)

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2018, 07:11:22 AM »
He (Feral Cat) responded to my PM, he even gave me a phone number to call. (allegedly his number, not his attorney's)
Of course if he wins, we'll never hear about it. Kawasaki may quit making the C14, but I doubt they'll recall the lot of them to change out the braking system. They'll settle with a confidentiality agreement.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
Following
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2018, 03:12:37 PM »

Oh, another option would be to move it to Arena with no shadow post.  My main concern is keeping it out of searches.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit (allegedly) pending
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »
Oh, another option would be to move it to Arena with no shadow post.  My main concern is keeping it out of searches.

nah, leave it where it is, it would soon be obvious to anyone happening on it thats its a load of codswallop :)
--

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes [probably] fake testimonial
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2018, 05:23:34 PM »
nah, leave it where it is, it would soon be obvious to anyone happening on it thats its a load of codswallop :)

I think you overestimate most people's patience for reading and research :)  Especially so if a bad subject gets indexed by a major site like Google or Bing.  Many people will just catch the subject and jump to a conclusion.... or read the summary of the first post and jump to a conclusion.  It is one reason that "fake news" spreads.  And it is also how poorly worded titles slant the news horribly.

Here is an extremely recent yet totally unrelated example.  The Virginia Senate had a bill pass committee and then pass the floor that would remove an ancient "blue law" that forbids guns in churches without a horribly, vaguely worded "good reason".  This would then make churches be like ALL OTHER private property in the Commonwealth- the owners can set their OWN rules and it would be enforced by trespass laws.  The "anti" governor of course said he would veto it.... because, because, "guns are bad!!!"  Keep in mind this hasn't even passed the House yet.  So reading through various media reports, what are their titles?  Things like this:

"Virginia paves the way for guns in churches"
"Virginia Senate passes bill to allow guns in churches"
"As Northam decries gun violence, Virginia Senate OKs guns in Churches"
"Guns In Church OKed As Gov. Northam Urges Restrictions"

Let's try some different wording:

"Virginia Senate passes bill allowing churches to decide how to handle guns on their property"
"Virginia Senate wants to revert old 'blue law' that takes away churches' rights"
"Virginia Senate seeks church property to be like all other private property regarding guns"
"Virginia Senate takes bold stand so churches can protect their congregations"

etc, you get the idea.  It happens with just about every topic imaginable.  Sound bytes do matter.  It is what people see and get hung on, get repeated, and get noticed.  If you were looking to buy a bike, seeing some [presumably] bogus "Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending" results might turn you off before you even research the topic yourself.  If that guy hit every forum and then some review sites, etc, and people there also repeat what they have seen/heard, it magnifies greatly.  Of course, we usually have no control over this stuff- but in this case, we do.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
Codswallop???   I like it!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2018, 06:04:11 PM »
Codswallop???   I like it!

Yeesh, I wrote all that crap and you get all excited for a single word from his once sentence!

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2018, 06:39:02 PM »
Yeesh, I wrote all that crap and you get all excited for a single word from his once sentence!

I'm a wild and crazy guy!  Easily distracted.  It's my downfall unfortunately.  :-[   After 4 beers I just can't take this seriously at all.   Well, 5.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »

Yep, a lesson to be learned there, eh max'?  :stirpot: :popcorn:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2018, 10:24:07 PM »
Yep, a lesson to be learned there, eh max'?  :stirpot: :popcorn:

Yeah, I need to shut up OR come up with some more interesting words.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit (allegedly) pending
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2018, 12:11:56 AM »

You shouldn't over articulate then :)
--

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 12:24:38 AM »
I think you overestimate most people's patience for reading and research :)  Especially so if a bad subject gets indexed by a major site like Google or Bing.  Many people will just catch the subject and jump to a conclusion.... or read the summary of the first post and jump to a conclusion.  It is one reason that "fake news" spreads.  And it is also how poorly worded titles slant the news horribly.

Here is an extremely recent yet totally unrelated example.  The Virginia Senate had a bill pass committee and then pass the floor that would remove an ancient "blue law" that forbids guns in churches without a horribly, vaguely worded "good reason".  This would then make churches be like ALL OTHER private property in the Commonwealth- the owners can set their OWN rules and it would be enforced by trespass laws.  The "anti" governor of course said he would veto it.... because, because, "guns are bad!!!"  Keep in mind this hasn't even passed the House yet.  So reading through various media reports, what are their titles?  Things like this:

"Virginia paves the way for guns in churches"
"Virginia Senate passes bill to allow guns in churches"
"As Northam decries gun violence, Virginia Senate OKs guns in Churches"
"Guns In Church OKed As Gov. Northam Urges Restrictions"

Let's try some different wording:

"Virginia Senate passes bill allowing churches to decide how to handle guns on their property"
"Virginia Senate wants to revert old 'blue law' that takes away churches' rights"
"Virginia Senate seeks church property to be like all other private property regarding guns"
"Virginia Senate takes bold stand so churches can protect their congregations"

etc, you get the idea.  It happens with just about every topic imaginable.  Sound bytes do matter.  It is what people see and get hung on, get repeated, and get noticed.  If you were looking to buy a bike, seeing some [presumably] bogus "Concours 14 ABS/Linked brakes lawsuit pending" results might turn you off before you even research the topic yourself.  If that guy hit every forum and then some review sites, etc, and people there also repeat what they have seen/heard, it magnifies greatly.  Of course, we usually have no control over this stuff- but in this case, we do.
Actually there is a huge difference.

In the unrelated example you gave the headlines you disagree with are (or at least appear to be based on your synopsis)  factually accurate just not emotively accurate/neutral and say the same thing albeit in a marginally shorter format then your revised wording.

As an aside the US has 5% of the world population yet 31% of the worlds non terrorist/warfare gun related deaths.
--

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 03:49:05 AM »
Welcome to America where you never have to worry about a foreign army invading. Please bring your own weapon because you can't have mine.  8) 

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 06:47:30 AM »
Yes, and as it relates to motorcycles, we require fewer methods / devices for locking our motorcycles. ROFLMAO Very good friend of ours was a Brit. and I swear, the first time he visited and stayed with us, he was kinda' waiting for a gunfight to break out in the street. Funny because I live 'Normal America' (you know, kinda' like "Pleasantville") and that does not happen, unlike 'Newspaper America', where it happens all the time.

And it was great the way you hooked Max and as far as I could tell, you did not even use any bait! Maybe someone else 'primed' him and he just happened to be gobsmacked by your post?

[yeah, there's the bait]  ;D

I have been ignoring this thread simply because I thought it had no merit or value. It still has no merit or value but now it has a passing amusement factor....

But on a serious note, I do agree with Max regarding shortening headlines and actually think it is far worse than he describes. We alter headlines until they are simply not true. A while back, I saw one titled 'Man gets ticket for going 2 MPH UNDER the speed limit!'. So I went and read the article. What really happened was that the person was riding in the left lane, at less than the speed limit, and people were passing him on the right. So an LEO cited him for 'impeding traffic', which is quite different than getting a ticket for driving at any specific speed. 'Big Al' once said: 'Make everything as simple as possible but no simpler' meaning that at some point in simplification it becomes incorrect rather than simple. "The sun burns really hot" is very simple, so simple it is wrong.

Brian

Actually there is a huge difference.

In the unrelated example you gave the headlines you disagree with are (or at least appear to be based on your synopsis)  factually accurate just not emotively accurate/neutral and say the same thing albeit in a marginally shorter format then your revised wording.

As an aside the US has 5% of the world population yet 31% of the worlds non terrorist/warfare gun related deaths.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com