Author Topic: TPS in warm weather  (Read 2261 times)

Offline gonzosc1

TPS in warm weather
« on: May 25, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
is it me or does the TPS work or indicate faster in hot weather. I know in the cold we get the warning message and all. but now its in the 90's and every day when I get on the bike after work they read the tire pressure after about 20-30 feet with less then 10mph????

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: TPS in warm weather
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »
I have not noticed a difference but then again I was never looking for them to turn on either really. Could it be that the warning screen got in the way when it was cooler out? Just a thought.

Brian

is it me or does the TPS work or indicate faster in hot weather. I know in the cold we get the warning message and all. but now its in the 90's and every day when I get on the bike after work they read the tire pressure after about 20-30 feet with less then 10mph????
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline CrashGordon

Re: TPS in warm weather
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:18:13 PM »
I think I have to agree with him. In colder weather, I won't see my tire pressures come up until I'm almost out of my neighborhood. When it's warm, they'll flash up just a few yards from the house. Maybe mine's old enough that the batteries are being affected by the cold (2009 model)? I do get the flashing battery warning for a few minutes when it is really cold.