Author Topic: Does everyone drop it on the left side?  (Read 17191 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Does everyone drop it on the left side?
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 04:45:48 AM »
As close as I have come with this bike was in Eureka Springs, AR last weekend.  I was going through there on 23 (through the touristy, downtown section).  The road is really, really canted and a pedestrian walked into the road.  Quick stop from 15 mph.  Couldn't get my right foot to the asphalt because I'm really short legged and the massive angle of the road.  I had to slide off the seat, completely to get my foot down before going over.  Had a hard time starting again too.  While I was braking/down shifting, I missed 1st and ended up in neutral.  Being off the bike so far I couldn't reach the shifter.  Good times, good times.

I'll bet that you didn't waste any time getting outta there once you got back on the bike?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:25 AM »
Took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to get the bike moving again.  I thought it was pretty funny.  I stopped about a half block away so I could go trinket shopping for the SO.
T.S.R.

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 01:00:39 PM »
This thread sure makes me feel less retarded... not that that says much from what ive seen here  ;D

Tipped it over 3 days after I got it when I apparently kicked the center stand down and not the kickstand.  It was a painfully slow trip downward.  Luckily I had planned on painting that lower fairing to begin with!!!!

Offline gflint

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »
I am pretty sure this is all KiPass related.  Was the KiPass in your pocket when you dropped the bike?  Were you standing on the left side of the bike with said KiPass in your pocket?  C14’s are attracted to the KiPass (otherwise why would the KiPass be there in the first place).  Therefore, by the use of simple logic, these incidents are almost all KiPass related.  Except for the stupid ones of course.
Keep it simple - if no one has shot at me or tried to blow me up it is a good day.

Offline riverbound51

• It's all about the ride.
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
A lesson I've learned the hard way over many years is, No matter what, before you rest the bike on the side stand, Kick it forward. NO MATTER WHAT!
I actually look and make sure it is down and stayed down, before I let it sit on the left side.  A couple of times over the years, I got side tracked, talking with riding partners next to me or??? and happened to look first and saw that it was NOT down.  I just kind of developed this habit over the years and it just kind of took I guess.  I just don't trust that it is down now, unless I see it down.
2008 Concours 14
Always looking for the road less traveled
www.odysseymotorcycletouring.com

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »
I am pretty sure this is all KiPass related.  Was the KiPass in your pocket when you dropped the bike?  Were you standing on the left side of the bike with said KiPass in your pocket?  C14’s are attracted to the KiPass (otherwise why would the KiPass be there in the first place).  Therefore, by the use of simple logic, these incidents are almost all KiPass related.  Except for the stupid ones of course.

No it was in the storage compartment still....

Im going to have to call this a stupid one lol