Author Topic: Best Oil & Tires???  (Read 25418 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Best Oil & Tires???
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »
Is it correct that the first oil change at 600 miles should be done with a "non-synthetic" oil?   I am getting close to the 600 mile mark and am going to have to be doing the first change.  I am using AMSOIL 75-90 in the rear.

Use whatever you feel like.......but I would get that Scamsoil out of your rear.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
Use whatever you feel like.......but I would get that Scamsoil out of your rear.

And why is that?   If it is because of cost, I just spend over $14k for this bike.   I am not worried about spending a little extra for the products I use in it to protect my investment.   Do you have another reason why you call it "Scamsoil" other than cost.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
And why is that?

Cause is it a Scam!!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
Cause is it a Scam!!!!!

AGAIN, AND WHY IS THAT?   You sound like my 7 year old who believes the word "because" is a valid explaination.   I try to explain to him that "because" is a word, not an anwser.   SO, WHY IS IT A SCAM?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011, 09:50:12 PM »
AGAIN, AND WHY IS THAT?   You sound like my 7 year old who believes the word "because" is a valid explaination.   I try to explain to him that "because" is a word, not an anwser.   SO, WHY IS IT A SCAM?

Im not gonna elaborate "much", but you can just go right ahead pay the high price for it and "have the warm and fuzzy feeling" that you are using some superior oil and or gear lube. ;) Amsoil is always the best in the studies that "they do", my experience with their crap has been.............well crap.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011, 09:56:01 PM »
I don't understand why you are so defensive about this and unwilling to "elaborate much" when you apparently have the time as proven by your many posts

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »
I don't understand why you are so defensive about this and unwilling to "elaborate much" when you apparently have the time as proven by your many posts

:popcorn:

I love Jr member battles...  ;)

:grouphug:

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2011, 10:05:44 PM »

IT IS EXPENSIVE AND VERY OVERRATED.....BIKE SHIFTED LIKE CRAP....THERE ARE MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVES OUT THERE!!!!!! And I am not the only one that feels this way.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
well honestly

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »
It must be Wednesday...

:stirpot:

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
Well now I just going to keep going so I get enough posts and I don't have to be a junior member anymore   Ah, who am I kidding, it is late and I'm tired.  Time for bed.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 10:29:14 PM »
lol this thread turned.....   
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jjnorc

• 2009 C14 Non-ABS. Red.
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »
IMO

Oil: Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40.
Tires: PR2's
Because turning doesn't suck.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2011, 02:16:07 PM »
Oil Fight!!!!

Bob

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
lol this thread turned.....   

:rotflmao:

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 05:04:43 PM »
And why is that?   If it is because of cost, I just spend over $14k for this bike.   I am not worried about spending a little extra for the products I use in it to protect my investment.   Do you have another reason why you call it "Scamsoil" other than cost.

Don't let Pokey "yank your chain" - there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with Amsoil motorcycle oil -- it is one the finest synthetic (Grp IV PAO) oils on the market.  It is well worth the extra cost because it is certainly high quality.  I won't say that I believe it is the optimum oil for the C14, but it is an excellent oil.  They just have a goofy marketing system that "some" people don't like.

Royal Purple on the other hand........
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 05:26:38 PM »
So are you saying that mixing Amsoil and Royal Purple would just about guarantee at least a portion of 'bad' oil in the bike?

<the popcorn icon would go here if I could access it.... >

Brian

Don't let Pokey "yank your chain" - there is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with Amsoil motorcycle oil -- it is one the finest synthetic (Grp IV PAO) oils on the market.  It is well worth the extra cost because it is certainly high quality.  I won't say that I believe it is the optimum oil for the C14, but it is an excellent oil.  They just have a goofy marketing system that "some" people don't like.

Royal Purple on the other hand........
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25:29 AM »
Ya know, I have to honestly say I don't know much about the AMSOIL company in and of itself.   Someone I really respect recommended it to me so I am going to try it and see how the bike responds.  I have used Mobil 1 for years and have never had any issues.  I think that AMSOIL, Mobil1, RP, are all probably good oils and that there really isn't enough of a difference between the oils to get all defensive and worked up about it.  I change oil every 3k miles so I don't get into these long OCI that some people do.   Because of that, (maybe nieve) but I don't think any of these oils are going to "Fail" me in those 3k miles.  Just my two cents.
My point was really that I am willing to spend money to protect my investment and am just the type of person that tries to use the best products for my toys.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 05:36:23 PM »
Changing a synthetic oil at 3k "is" a waste of money and good oil "except Scamsoil".
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
oh goodie, Pokey's back at the party.   Back to his one liners.   Clever.
Apparently you would rather treat problems than prevent them.  Well, good luck with that.   Treat the disease, not the cause.   Wait for it to break rather than try to prevent it.   Go ahead and live your life that way, but good luck with that.   I see it everyday!!!