Author Topic: Any women own and drive a C-14 that any knows of...??  (Read 4633 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
Any women own and drive a C-14 that any knows of...??
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
Was wondering if any C-14 riders know of any women who own and ride their own C-14 anywhere...have several women on 600 sportbikes and cruisers...but not the C-14 so was wondering if there is a desire from the women out there to step up to the best there is.....??

Ninja
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:04:31 PM by ninjawarrior1400 »
Ninjawarrior

Offline Tarheelbob

Re: Any women own and drive a C-14 that any knows of...??
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
Give a shout out to SteveWFL. He's got a pic, can't remember the story, of a girl rider on a C-14.
When life hands you lemons, go get the tequila and salt.

Offline Motornoggin

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »
I know a woman who owns and rides one. She's about 5'-2" and can't weight more than 100#. I believe she has something to do with the AMA Women On Wheels program. I worked with her daughter for some time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
Give a shout out to SteveWFL. He's got a pic, can't remember the story, of a girl rider on a C-14.

no shouts for me brutha but thanks. actually she owns a CBR1000RR

but we swap bikes and she has no prob whatsoever throwing my Connie around the twisties of VA and West Va
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline BAMA

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:11:17 AM »

[/quote]

Lil' slice of heaven:
Tall,cute blonde who digs bikes              check
Jeep                                                        check
C-14                                                        check
Spare bike                                               check
Dog                                                          check
trampoline                                               check
there's probably a gun in the jeep          check
...and a iced keg-o-bud behind the girl    check

yep, you're all good there I'd say.    ;)  oh wait,, where's the 52" flat screen and remote?

Offline CrashKLRtoConnie

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
Wife 5'7" (strong crossfit) has been solo on my 08 C14 for a short while. Parking lot. She first rode a Kawasaki 90 when she was ~ 14.

She used to ride my Suzuki GT550 with me as a passenger on the back.

She has no problem on the C14 once moving, but even with normal boots the bike requires some tip toes.

Solo riding she dumped / fell over due to the height issues on my (ex) BMW GS1150, which is a few inches taller than the C14.

May get a lower seat or taller boots. Years ago bought her a bike and outside one solo ride from San Jose to Santa Cruz was not what she needed.
2008 C14 GTR1400 AKA "Connie"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 11:05:04 AM »

Is that one of those double bubble shields Steve...  :-X

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
The dealership where I bought my '08 (5,100 miles on the ticker) said a woman owned it before me.... it has a few minor scratches (BOTH SIDES), so I'm guessing she dropped her more than once.  She lowered it too- front forks down about an inch, Muzzy aftermarket brackets underneath, Sergeant seat (must take 2" off the saddle height).  I'm 6'1" and would love to return it to stock height.  Anyone want to trade the stock brackets for the Muzzy's?
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »
The dealership where I bought my '08 (5,100 miles on the ticker) said a woman owned it before me.... it has a few minor scratches (BOTH SIDES), so I'm guessing she dropped her more than once.  She lowered it too- front forks down about an inch, Muzzy aftermarket brackets underneath, Sergeant seat (must take 2" off the saddle height).  I'm 6'1" and would love to return it to stock height.  Anyone want to trade the stock brackets for the Muzzy's?

I'll bet you could get some takers on this, try the for sale section.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Tom J.

• "Disciples of Displacement" charter member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
Good call, thanks Conrad
'08 Kawasaki Concours
'98 Yamaha VMax
'84 Honda V65 Magna
'82 Honda CX500 Custom

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
I have been trying to convince my wife who has been wanting her own bike not to get a Harley.  So while on vacation in Southern Cal the wife has me stop at the Harley dealer to look around.  The sales lady starts talking with my wife and my wife ask her if she rides and she says yes...  So my wife ask what bike she rides fully expecting a answer like a sportster or something as this lady was on the short side and she replys with a sport tour bike.  That immediately peaks my interest as I was not paying much attention before so I turned around and ask her what kind and she says I ride a Concours.  I looked at my wife and just smiled...  no need to say anything.   So the conversation between my wife and the sales lady continued but afterwards I told my wife see even the Harley sales lady knows what the best bike to ride is...   ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 05:30:36 PM by wildnphx »

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:56:12 AM »
I have been trying to convince my wife who has been wanting her own bike not to ge a Harley.  So while on vacation in Southern Cal the wife has me stop at the Harley dealer to look around.  The sales lady starts talking with my wife and my wife ask her if she rides and she says yes...  So my wife ask what bike she rides fully expecting a answer like a sportster or something as this lady was on the short side and she replys with a sport tour bike.  That immediatley peaks my interest as I was not paying much attention before so I turned around and ask her what kind and she says I ride a Concours.  I looked at my wife and just smiled...  no need to say anything.   So the conversation between my wife and the sales lady continued but afterwards I told my wife see even the Harley sales lady knows what the best bike to ride is...   ;D
"...getting the Harley rep to admit she rides a Connie. Priceless!"  :goodpost:
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 05:46:18 PM »
  She lowered it too- front forks down about an inch, Muzzy aftermarket brackets underneath, Sergeant seat (must take 2" off the saddle height).

2"?  Absolutely not.  That would be WONDERFUL, if it were true....
Sargent claims the lower seat is 1.375" lower than stock but it is actually 0.875" lower (I measured.... thoroughly)

http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc