Author Topic: Couple Of Questions  (Read 2211 times)

Offline BigBrian27

Couple Of Questions
« on: January 27, 2017, 07:39:46 AM »
Got a new to me 1992 Concours.

It runs but needs some love.

The front brakes need help. I have purchased a master cylinder rebuild kit as it sticks sometimes. The rotors are grooved and need replacement. Is there an upgrade that I can do? Maybe upgrade to the 94+ setup?

There is an oil leak from the right side. Appears to be coming from the balancer and oil cooler. I have ordered the seals and gaskets. I am assuming this is commonplace on a bike with 77K. Water pump side seems ok.

Tires are worn and old. What are you guys running? I am thinking of going with the Shinko 777's.

I plan on doing a full tune up including filters, oil change, valve adjustment and spark plugs. Anything else you'd recommend?

With 77K should I replace the chain tensioner with a manual one?

I think that is all for now.

Thanks everyone.

-Brian

Offline Jim __

Offline qman

• Autobahn Motors
Re: Couple Of Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:50:55 PM »
Replace the spark plug connectors as well, they can be a problem. I have a manual chain tensioner on mine and it works great

Offline BigBrian27

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:15:56 AM »
Thanks for those links Jim.

What do you mean the spark plug connectors? The boot or the end that screws onto the coil?

Offline qman

• Autobahn Motors
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Thanks for those links Jim.

What do you mean the spark plug connectors? The boot or the end that screws onto the coil?
The boot that goes over the spark plug, they have a 5k ohm resistor, sometimes they get corroded and don't fire the plug properly

Offline BigBrian27

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
The boot that goes over the spark plug, they have a 5k ohm resistor, sometimes they get corroded and don't fire the plug properly

Good to know I'll add them to the list of parts to replace.