Author Topic: Daughter going to senior prom is hard on a Dad...  (Read 1874 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Daughter going to senior prom is hard on a Dad...
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »
Ok, so our oldest daughter had senior prom tonight... She's a great girl and he's actually a good guy too, so I'm cool with it all...  :-\

Make sure to read this thread all the way through, it get's better...  ;)

He comes to pick her up and me and mama do the typical prom pic scene as parents do...

So then Dad (ZG) thinks of a great idea after having some afternoon beers... Let me get the Connie out and take more pics to share with my bro's on the ZG/GTR forum, that's a great idea!!  :) :grouphug:

Note the summer shoe's...  :-[

Not sure if you can read my shirt but it says "EASILY DISTRACTED", fitting on this day...  :-[

Dad then see's them off with a watchful eye...

Then after they leave and mama and my other daughter go inside..... this happens... hope this makes more sense now...  :-\

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8315.0

Offline Conrad

Re: Daughter going to senior prom is hard on a Dad...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »
Ok, so our oldest daughter had senior prom tonight... She's a great girl and he's actually a good guy too, so I'm cool with it all...  :-\

Make sure to read this thread all the way through, it get's better...  ;)

He comes to pick her up and me and mama do the typical prom pic scene as parents do...

Hold on thar! Jay, is that kid giving you the ole eye roll in that pic? That must have been when you suggested getting the bike out for additional pics eh?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:33:47 AM »
Hold on thar! Jay, is that kid giving you the ole eye roll in that pic? That must have been when you suggested getting the bike out for additional pics eh?

:rotflmao:

Nope, he was actually rolling his eyes at my daughter because she (like women do) was telling him what to do...  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »

:rotflmao:

Nope, he was actually rolling his eyes at my daughter because she (like women do) was telling him what to do...  ;)

Gotta hand it to the kid for not bolting right then and there...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Stasch

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 12:37:01 PM »
The title of your thread pulled me in.  I have a daughter a bit older, now 26, just married one year as of a week ago.  I am still wrapped around her little finger.

I saw your pics and was stunned - your daughter and mine could be sisters if not twins other than about 8 years difference in age.

I remember well those days and the feelings involved.  Don't blink because the next set of pics will be at a wedding - quite an experience and you gain a new son.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »
...and as the man on the radio used to say, "Now..for the REST of the story..."  You are selective in your disclosures. ;D
RonDawg (203)
2014 C-14 Red

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
So, I have been trying to think of words to express why you would be so concerned about your sister going on a prom date, or is that your brother, wait, your'e in the Portland area, right?  I guess redneck jokes should be directed at Gumbi?
Man am I glad I am past those years and my grandaughter still has at least 9 years to go and her dad can feel the nerves.
Cherish these moments, the drama only changes as they get older, not in a bad way, only differant :)