Author Topic: One of those short backrests for a C10  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Gitbox

One of those short backrests for a C10
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:12:30 PM »
I've seem them in pictures. Anybody have one for sale? I have to start carrying a passenger and it looks like it might add some comfort.
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline IAStan

Re: One of those short backrests for a C10
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »
I think I have the backrest you want.  It's the padded one I took off when I got my trunk.  I can't get a pic to load here, so pm me with your email address and I'll send the pic that way. 

Offline Gitbox

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:18:17 AM »
Anyone ELSE?

Thanks.
2008 Yamaha FJR1300A
2004 Yamaha FJR1300 (sold)
2000 Kawasaki Concours ZG-1000 (sold)

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 09:47:36 AM »
I think your referring to the backrest that Kawasaki used to offer.
I don't have one, but someone else will.

Better soultion is a Trunk bag with a pad....
Plus you can haul more loot...
Wifes love it!

Ride safe, Ted
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:20:57 PM by connie_rider »

Offline LSGiant

• 2011 C14, 07 Ninja 650R (Spouses')
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:13:56 PM »
Anyone ELSE?

Thanks.

I have both the rack, backrest and bracket. It was almost 300.00 new I will sell for $125.00 including shipping anywhere in the Continental US Photo on bike  below. There are three holse drilled in rack that I used for an additional attachement. I will not split or bargain.

PM me through the forum
In the Valley of the Jolly Green Giant,
Le Sueur Mn
COG 7524 IBA 46513 GLMC 214

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »
I wish I  had seen your post earlier.  I make an extension for our bike.  It turns it from a buttrest into a backrest 
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline tbunder

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 02:56:56 AM »
is that backrest available so it can attach to the grabrails only- meaning no rack and keep the stock rear "rack" cover in place? just curious because that actually looks high enough to be a backrest compared to the kaw one that comes up to the lower part of the back. I have a gen.1 seat on if that matters. thx

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »
is that backrest available so it can attach to the grabrails only- meaning no rack and keep the stock rear "rack" cover in place? just curious because that actually looks high enough to be a backrest compared to the kaw one that comes up to the lower part of the back. I have a gen.1 seat on if that matters. thx
If your asking about my setup, yes it mounts to the grap rails. No rack needed.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »
and I have the pad to go with Snarf's extension - steve

Offline tbunder

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
If your asking about my setup, yes it mounts to the grap rails. No rack needed.

do you make them yourself? and how much for the two parts guys? thx

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 11:28:57 PM »
do you make them yourself? and how much for the two parts guys? thx
I do make the butt rest extensions. My wife absolutely hated that short pad. She fell in love with the extension.
I may have misunderstood your prior question. Both of my bikes came with the aftermarket racks. So I am guessing that you would still need some of the hardware needed to connect up to the passenger grab rails. I will investigate this tomorrow. I will let ya know.
2002 Conc

Offline tbunder

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 01:38:02 AM »
I do make the butt rest extensions. My wife absolutely hated that short pad. She fell in love with the extension.
I may have misunderstood your prior question. Both of my bikes came with the aftermarket racks. So I am guessing that you would still need some of the hardware needed to connect up to the passenger grab rails. I will investigate this tomorrow. I will let ya know.

I appreciate you getting back to me so soon. Okay, here's what my 3 daughters (12, 9, 6) would like along with my wife- the backrest you have on your C10 adjusted for someone around 5'1" give or take an inch. Here's what I want- said backrest mounted on my bike without an aftermarket rack that is easy and quick to remove. I like the blue cowl over my oem "rack". Like I said, I don't know if it needs to be as tall as yours since my wife is only 5' and being too tall it may push her forward a bit. Where did you get the pad on your bike? It looks like a nice setup. thx

edit: after looking closer at your rack, it looks like you just used the rack one gets when they purchase the kawasaki backrest/rack to mount your extension to. to do what I want to do, would take a custom mount which would probably be more trouble than it's worth.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »
I appreciate you getting back to me so soon. Okay, here's what my 3 daughters (12, 9, 6) would like along with my wife- the backrest you have on your C10 adjusted for someone around 5'1" give or take an inch. Here's what I want- said backrest mounted on my bike without an aftermarket rack that is easy and quick to remove. I like the blue cowl over my oem "rack". Like I said, I don't know if it needs to be as tall as yours since my wife is only 5' and being too tall it may push her forward a bit. Where did you get the pad on your bike? It looks like a nice setup. thx

edit: after looking closer at your rack, it looks like you just used the rack one gets when they purchase the kawasaki backrest/rack to mount your extension to. to do what I want to do, would take a custom mount which would probably be more trouble than it's worth.
Not necessarily, I love a good challenge.  The extension isnt really that tall. I think it is only 12" tip to base.
2002 Conc

Offline Eddie

• BANNED
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
If you're looking to get snarfs extension and Steves pad you still need to get the Kawasaki rack\backrest adapter. that's the part that grabs onto the grab rails and then either the backrest, or the rack, or both attach to that piece.

Or since snarf is handy with metal a simple L shaped piece that attaches to the 4 bolts under the cosmetic rack cover would do the trick as well. But you would have to trim the cover for that.