Author Topic: blackberry to iphone conversion...  (Read 1993 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
blackberry to iphone conversion...
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:02:35 PM »
So while on vaca last week my BB crapped out on me, have always used the BB's, had probably a half dozen of em over the many years. My work has been converting everyone over to iphones for awhile now but I was always purposely dodging them because I liked my BB. Well they gave me no choice for a new one so today they gave me an iphone...  :( :'(

I sure hope the learning curve is quick because I mainly used my BB for emails and I do alot of email, I could type emails faster on my BB then on a full computer keyboard, I feel soooooo slow typing emails on this iphone, I sure hope I can get better with the touch screen for typing...  :banghead:

Don't get me wrong, all the extra stuff it has on it is great and I admit better way than the BB, my complaint is specifically regarding me typing emails on the touch screen verses having the BB buttons...

Offline CIG4R

Re: blackberry to iphone conversion...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
Hated to give up my BB Curve when it crapped out then hated the iphone for about two weeks.
It took a lot of getting use to, but I'm probably as fast typing on it as any keyboard now.
Unfortunately RIM seems to be being left behind.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »
Hated to give up my BB Curve when it crapped out then hated the iphone for about two weeks.
It took a lot of getting use to, but I'm probably as fast typing on it as any keyboard now.
Unfortunately RIM seems to be being left behind.
Yup same here; loved my curve. 
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
The BB chicklets were tiny, but provided some tactile feedback. This was the most difficult part of the acclimation to touch screen. The accuracy of the iPhone touch is fairly good, as is the predictive typing. A good transition is holding the iPhone landscape to get a larger keyboard and keys, then move to the smaller portrait style.
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:39:01 AM »
BB is a thing of the past.  Apple or 'droid FTW  :)

Look at today's business news:

RIM Plunged Amid Loss, Job Cuts and BlackBerry Delay

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) — Shares of Research in Motion Ltd. slid to their lowest level in more than eight years Friday morning after several analysts downgraded the stock and slashed their outlook for the company on the back of its disastrous fiscal first-quarter report.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-28/rim-reports-loss-as-it-cuts-jobs-delays-blackberry-10-release.html

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:45:49 AM »
I went from Motorola Razor to Iphone in one step.  The learning curve on an Iphone is incredibly quick - I had it configured with my email and calendaring while I was in line waiting to check out.

I never could stand the Blackberry devices with the tiny keyboard and the trackball that always seemed to fail at an inopportune moment.  I have yet to meet a person, who, after switching to an Iphone from a Blackberry or the like, has ever regretted it.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »
A good transition is holding the iPhone landscape to get a larger keyboard and keys, then move to the smaller portrait style.

Yep, that's what I've been doing so far Steve, I agree the landscape mode does make the keys bigger and does help some...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 10:28:36 AM »
These folks will come help Blackberry owners!   :D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline dagofast

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:34 AM »
Look down near the bottom left of the keypad. Ya see that little icon with a microphone on it? Touch it and then talk. It's way faster than typing.

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »
I still use the old Motorola Razor, the flip phone style. It still works and it's all I need. Of course my kids have the BB and a S4 iPhone. I also have 2 Razor flip phone to use as back ups, when my first one peters out.
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)