Author Topic: 3rd annual Laborday Buckeye Bash!!!!!  (Read 15977 times)

Offline koval68

Re: 3rd annual Laborday Buckeye Bash!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Looks good Brian! :thumbs:  Can't wait! I'm in Ellicottville NY. tonight, will be riding some of my favorite PA roads tomorrow! Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:12:33 PM by koval68 »
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline laker9142

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 10:25:50 PM »
Hello to the Buckeye Bashers. I've been reading about this ride for the the past hour or so and it sounds awesome. I live in Ohio, ride a C14, like to ride twisty roads at a spirited rate, drink crown royal and listen to lies. So I have to be there! I've got a tent and all. What did I read about first timers and pranks????

David

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
Hello to the Buckeye Bashers. I've been reading about this ride for the the past hour or so and it sounds awesome. I live in Ohio, ride a C14, like to ride twisty roads at a spirited rate, drink crown royal and listen to lies. So I have to be there! I've got a tent and all. What did I read about first timers and pranks? ???

David

If you contribute to the telling of lies, have a sip or 2 of Crown Royal............then I am sure you wont be hazed too bad. 8) Pretty much all the guys that have come to my first 2 rallies, are all coming back so I reckon that is a good sign that they had fun. I will just be happy if nobody goes down or gets a flat tire this year.....that would be a first. :o Looking forward to meeting and hanging out, what part of OHIO are ya from?

Brian
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline laker9142

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 08:47:38 AM »
I live about 7 miles due north of where I70/I75 cross. (Dayton area). Im somewhat familiar with southeastern Ohio as I lived in Athens for 2 years in the early eighties. Put over 5k woods miles on an KDX400. College studies suffered greatly. More recently my daughter lived in Nelsonville/logan area so I did some limited riding around there.

David

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
David,
Well are you going or aren't you ? I am exiting Springfield around 1 pm on Fri. the 2nd., if you want to tag along, we could meet at the Airport in Urbana and ride up together. The AP is on the N edge of the city on 68N if your interested.
Let me know here or with an e-mail.
Ride safe all, and ATGATT, please.
Greg
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:56:52 AM by Pfloydgad »
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2011, 04:45:42 AM »
That all sounds like a great plan!!!!!! My bud Matt sold his C14 in record time, it was totally immaculate......better than new. I am trying to get Capn Bob and Jim to come, but so far I have had no luck. :(

I would love to get there, more than anything, but my shoulder and arm (pinched nerve) are giving me fits at the moment.  Rode 300 miles the other day (work related) and I'm still paying for it.  I really hate this s***.  I nearly cried the other night thinking about I may have to think about not riding again.  It's also affecting driving autos as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline koval68

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »
I would love to get there, more than anything, but my shoulder and arm (pinched nerve) are giving me fits at the moment.  Rode 300 miles the other day (work related) and I'm still paying for it.  I really hate this s***.  I nearly cried the other night thinking about I may have to think about not riding again.  It's also affecting driving autos as well.
Have you tried acupuncture treatment? If not, do your research and give it a shot! Friend of mine had severe facial paralysis.....making a long story short...,all the MD's he consulted told him that he will never regain any movement on one side of his face( due to severe nerve damage); thanks to Chinese acupuncture practitioner, he has regained full movement except for one eyelid!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »

Just get yourself healed up buddy, we have plenty of riding ahead of us. 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 07:38:15 AM »
Just get yourself healed up buddy, we have plenty of riding ahead of us. 8)

Poke, you and the others have a great time and be careful out there...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
I just got a set of Angels mounted today, gonna go out and do a scrubbing run. 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline laker9142

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
David,
Well are you going or aren't you ? I am exiting Springfield around 1 pm on Fri. the 2nd., if you want to tag along, we could meet at the Airport in Urbana and ride up together. The AP is on the N edge of the city on 68N if your interested.
Let me know here or with an e-mail.
Ride safe all, and ATGATT, please.
Greg

Greg
Per my first post, yes I am going. And it would be great to ride over with you. Time and date are fine, what route are you taking? I may not ride to the north of springfield if we just end up on I70 anyway.

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
David,
Well.......I was going to do the "round about way there route", you know about those kind don't you. It is only 80 miles from my door step to there, so I was going to do a little more riding, staying well S of Columbus, maybe go down 56 and a few othere roads I know.
If your going to hit 70, hows about we meet at the Speedway at 70 & St. Rt. 54 in So. Vienna. It is an easy jump to 56 from there, I know all those roads by heart.
Say 1 to 1:30, we can gas up, hydrate and then roll.
Let me know what you think.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline laker9142

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
I think I like your original plan, a few extra miles are in order. So I will be at the airport at 1p friday. Plus I havent been to Maria's for a while, nor have I been on 245 this year. Are there any other good roads in the area?

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »
David,
Yes, but i think I will keep them a secret, think of it as an early X-Mas gift.  ;D
You will like.
See ya Friday, ride safe all.
Greg

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
David,
You have a message, about start time tomorrow due to the heat.
Ride safe all.
Greg

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 02:33:33 PM »

Sadly my new owners would like both the store managers around this holiday weekend....he's a NEW owner, I head to Jersey on Monday, and I seriously want to keep my job!  So I didn't even push it--(I'd be there  if P.O. was still there.)

Have A Blast!!
       Regrets-Mike

Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2011, 07:02:14 PM »
Wow...
What a great Rally and Ride. A great bunch of V Stromers from Canada, Georgia, Indiana, that state up North, and of course Ohio. Connies from Ohio, a KLR from Columbus and a Gold Wing from home.
Thanks Glenn for the use of your massive concrete slab for parking, side yard for tenting, and garage and barn for taking cover for the storm that ended up missing us.
Thanks to Brian aka: Pokey for organizing this thing, and of course the great mix of personalities.
Sat was a solid 260  mile ride on 555, 260, 26, 7 and a couple roads that were great surprises.Temps were well into the upper 90's with road temps well over 100. Our group did lunch in Fly, Oh. on the river and Rt. 7.
 We came back to Glenns place to some awesome pulled pork, potato salad, baked beans, and plenty of beverages to re-hydrate, not sure the medical pros recommend massive amounts of beer to re-hydrate though.
Just a great time had by this author and hopefully all involved.
Thanks so much again, and lets do it again soon.
Everyone ride safe out there.
Greg
Some pics:

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »
A few more pics from the Buckey Bash.
Greg

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
Thanks for the very nice compliments Greg, and it was awesome to finally meet you and spend the weekend. We will for sure be doing this again next year, great times were had for sure and new friends made!!!! It really is fun to put faces and personalities together, from what you think you know from folks online........I have yet to be disappointed. Now I expect us OHIO boyz to be getting together regularly, and you never know what burger or pizza run may pop up as well. ;)

Brian
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline laker9142

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
I had a great time at the Buckeye Bash. Special thanks to Pokey Brian for all the planning and hard work that went into this ralley. Also special thanks to Glenn for hosting the event and leading a spirited ride on Saturday. I learned many good roads and did get them recorded on the gps. One of the guys from Canada helped me understand how to find the routes inside the gps. Got home to find the storm we never got in Millersport had done some serious damage saturday night all around my area.

Thanks to all
David
08 C-14