Author Topic: Dealership Lowered the Price of My Concours!  (Read 6031 times)

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
Dealership Lowered the Price of My Concours!
« on: March 05, 2018, 07:57:47 PM »
I keep a lot of tabs open on my phone. I was just going thru and closing some of them. One of the open tabs was for CycleTrader. It was still open to the ad for my Concours I bought back in December. I thought it was odd that the ad for my bike was still up, so I refreshed the page. When I did, the price dropped $300!!!

There was a link for "see on dealer website" so I clicked it. Sure enough, there were the pictures of the bike I bought, still advertised for sale on their website too. Again, listed at $300 less than I paid.

I'm seriously thinking about going in and asking for a $300 refund since it is still list as for sale and at a lower price to boot.

Here are the links.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-122198551

https://www.ultimatecycle.net/inventory/-1959120i

I sure hope no one else buys my bike!!!  :rotflmao:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline p07r0457

Re: Dealership Lowered the Price of My Concours!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
They may have had more than just yours in a crate.  Fairly common for pictures to be re-used.
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance - White Diamond Pearl
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
I know that dealership...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 10:38:53 AM »
Good luck with getting the $300, I had a price offer on a 17 and was seriously thinking about going the two hour drive and buy the bike, I just happened to look at cycle trader and they had lowered the price $500, what did i do? I drove there talked to the sales man and told him I saw the price drop, he said well the price I gave you last week is the best I can do, I walked out and bought a 16 at another dealer.  I wouldn’t reccomend a dealer in Petaluma,Ca.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:33:31 AM »
That's almost the price of the extended warranty we get from Ultimate.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »
Damn that's a good price for a brand new Concours!

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:24 PM »
Damn that's a good price for a brand new Concours!

Wow- you are not kidding.  $11,493?!  I paid a lot more for my '11, and the MRSP went UP last year and is now $15,599.  Of course we all like Ultimate Cycle, so I am betting it is completely legit- they make up their profit in volume.

"Prices do not include any tax, tags,title,destination or $99.00 processing fee."   But that is pretty standard.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
Good luck with getting the $300, I had a price offer on a 17 and was seriously thinking about going the two hour drive and buy the bike, I just happened to look at cycle trader and they had lowered the price $500, what did i do? I drove there talked to the sales man and told him I saw the price drop, he said well the price I gave you last week is the best I can do, I walked out and bought a 16 at another dealer.  I wouldn’t reccomend a dealer in Petaluma,Ca.

Question:

Was the price given to you when you originally enquired:

1) lower than the listed price minus $500?
2) higher than the listed price minus $500
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline FTB530

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 03:05:55 PM »
Question:

Was the price given to you when you originally enquired:

1) lower than the listed price minus $500?
2) higher than the listed price minus $500

[/quote

The price advertised was $500 less the the price advertised when he gave me a OTD price.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 03:14:17 PM »

The price advertised was $500 less the the price advertised when he gave me a OTD price.

My question was , was the OTD (on the day price) you were quoted more or less than the originally advertised price minus $500 ?

In other words if the advertised price  was $11000 and the OTD Price was $10500 or less what's the beef ?

Why should you get a further $500 off automatically?

If on the other hand the OTD price was $10501 or greater then its quite simple, pay the lower discounted price if you want the bike

--

Offline FTB530

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 05:03:18 PM »
If the bike was $10,500 one day and $10,000 the next day and he wouldn’t cut me the $500 break why would I buy it?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 06:33:28 PM »
I keep a lot of tabs open on my phone. I was just going thru and closing some of them. One of the open tabs was for CycleTrader. It was still open to the ad for my Concours I bought back in December. I thought it was odd that the ad for my bike was still up, so I refreshed the page. When I did, the price dropped $300!!!

There was a link for "see on dealer website" so I clicked it. Sure enough, there were the pictures of the bike I bought, still advertised for sale on their website too. Again, listed at $300 less than I paid.

I'm seriously thinking about going in and asking for a $300 refund since it is still list as for sale and at a lower price to boot.

Here are the links.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-122198551

https://www.ultimatecycle.net/inventory/-1959120i

I sure hope no one else buys my bike!!!  :rotflmao:

WELL.... personally knowing the owner, Pete, and knowing how he has extended to us some very excellent pricing on KPP extended warranty for many years now, I still have to ask this of you....

what makes you think that since you purchased your bike in DECEMBER, that a same year bike (even tho yours is pictured, and may be used by him as advertising for any of that same edition) can't be lowered by $300, after 3 MONTHS...
seriously?, he would rather sell at lower price, anything in his inventory, and rotate stock, to insure delivery of new product... $300, on an already good price you got, shouldn't be an issue... don't complain, Pete is a super good person, and if I've ever seen a fair dealer, he is the epitome of A+++++..
\
so what is the complaint?
just don't go on a rant to him, and associate yourself with COG, and or this or the COG forums... because I've worked with Pete to get the lowest price for KPP for many years, and he is very trusting of our group... so insulting them, and placing us as your "pals" won't go over well... just saying...

in other words, don't ruin a good thing, for your personal agenda...
here are the people that have taken advantage of Ultimate's help, for over 7 years...
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.msg1704#msg1704

thanks in advance,

I paid $14k+ for my '08 ABS model on 7/7/07... so don't whine... but I did get the first on in Va., and one of the first sold in the USA.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 08:18:21 PM »
WELL.... personally knowing the owner, Pete, and knowing how he has extended to us some very excellent pricing on KPP extended warranty for many years now, I still have to ask this of you....

what makes you think that since you purchased your bike in DECEMBER, that a same year bike (even tho yours is pictured, and may be used by him as advertising for any of that same edition) can't be lowered by $300, after 3 MONTHS...
seriously?, he would rather sell at lower price, anything in his inventory, and rotate stock, to insure delivery of new product... $300, on an already good price you got, shouldn't be an issue... don't complain, Pete is a super good person, and if I've ever seen a fair dealer, he is the epitome of A+++++..
\
so what is the complaint?
just don't go on a rant to him, and associate yourself with COG, and or this or the COG forums... because I've worked with Pete to get the lowest price for KPP for many years, and he is very trusting of our group... so insulting them, and placing us as your "pals" won't go over well... just saying...

in other words, don't ruin a good thing, for your personal agenda...
here are the people that have taken advantage of Ultimate's help, for over 7 years...
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.msg1704#msg1704

thanks in advance,

I paid $14k+ for my '08 ABS model on 7/7/07... so don't whine... but I did get the first on in Va., and one of the first sold in the USA.

I think you missed my intended humor. (Hoping no one buys my bike since it is still advertised being for sale) It was more about the ad for my bike still being up more so than the $300. I got a great deal. That is the reason I bought it when I did. I had originally planned on waiting until the end of this riding season to get my next bike. Couldn't pass up the deal when I saw it. I'm not slamming Ultimate Cycle at all. Sorry if it came accross that way. I also took advantage of the extended warranty and have let others know about it as well. Here is an example. Look at the second post of this thread.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=23053.0

I do realize it is possible that they had a second blue 2017 Concours in a crate that they brought out. Most dealers will change the link, stock number, or something in the ad when they post a second one up for sale. All 4 of my most recent bikes have been posted on Cycle trader and 3 of the 4 were taken down shortly after I bought them, even if the dealer had a second one they advertised that was identical to the one I bought. That did happen in all three cases of my other bikes. Some used the same pictures in the new ad, but it was a different link to get to the ad. This was the first time the ad stayed up and the price dropped on the same ad. (Same web address to get to the ad)

By the way, anyone that is interested in a new 2017 Concours needs to sweep this one up quick. It is one of the lowest prices in the country. The $300 you will save over the price I paid will help cover a good chunk of the shipping if you are not local. You can't have mine if this is still the ad for my bike tho. I'm not give mine up!!!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »
By the way, anyone that is interested in a new 2017 Concours needs to sweep this one up quick. It is one of the lowest prices in the country. The $300 you will save over the price I paid will help cover a good chunk of the shipping if you are not local. You can't have mine if this is still the ad for my bike tho. I'm not give mine up!!!

And if you haven't done so already, you absolutely need to go to them and buy the factory extended warranty.  It is the best money and deal ever; and increases the value of your purchase.

2018 is only in black, so if you don't like black (I don't) then snapping up a 2017 in a cool blue color and for less dough is a no brainer :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
If the bike was $10,500 one day and $10,000 the next day and he wouldn’t cut me the $500 break why would I buy it?

Nope, still bypassing answering the question, are you a politician ;)

Was the OTD price he originally quoted you 2 weeks ago (or whenever it was)  lower or equal to the newly advertised price with the $500 discount?

If it was why do you feel entitled to a further $500 off the OTD price?

--

Offline FTB530

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 03:25:11 AM »
Nope, still bypassing answering the question, are you a politician ;)

Was the OTD price he originally quoted you 2 weeks ago (or whenever it was)  lower or equal to the newly advertised price with the $500 discount?

If it was why do you feel entitled to a further $500 off the OTD price?
If you can’t understand I doubt I can make you understand!
I didn’t feel intitaled, but I also didn’t have to buy it for a higher price then advertised!And I didn’t!
No the previous OTD price he gave me was $500 more then what he advertised as I said Already!

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 04:40:59 AM »
If you can’t understand I doubt I can make you understand!
I didn’t feel intitaled, but I also didn’t have to buy it for a higher price then advertised!And I didn’t!
No the previous OTD price he gave me was $500 more then what he advertised as I said Already!

Jhang on, confused dot com here :)

So let's say(hypothetically) that the Original Advertised price was $11000
The OTD price he gave you  was $500 more than that ?

Makes no sense?

Or do you mean :

The original Advertised price was $11000 & the OTD quoted price was $10500.

Since giving you that OTD price he has subsequently dropped the advertised price to $10500 correct?

SO what's the problem with that ?  Or were you expecting him to automatically drop the quoted OTD price by a further $500 to match the drop in originally advertised price?

If he had dropped the advertised price to $10000 and the OTD quote was $10500 then yes the currently advertised price is the better price.

--

Offline FTB530

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »
If you can’t understand he dropped the price $500 after he gave me a price but when I asked for the lower price he refused to lower the price then I can’t make you understand , NO he did not have to give me the lower price and he did not,but also he lost a sale !And to top it off I ended up buying the bike I actually wanted and save a couple grand! I am done here!

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 09:38:12 AM »
If you can’t understand he dropped the price $500 after he gave me a price but when I asked for the lower price he refused to lower the price then I can’t make you understand , NO he did not have to give me the lower price and he did not,but also he lost a sale !And to top it off I ended up buying the bike I actually wanted and save a couple grand! I am done here!

ah so hypothetically then

He was originally asking $11000 , offered it to you for $10750 and then later advertised it at $10500

Why didn't you just say so ;)

You should just have given him a different name lol

--

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »
I think you missed my intended humor.

ahhhhh sooooooo...

sorry, I did miss the intent... good job,  :'( :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Pete is good people...  ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..