Author Topic: brrrrrrrr  (Read 57542 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: brrrrrrrr
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2015, 07:58:34 PM »
Record temps here tomorrow and Sunday. Mid 90s.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »
Record temps here tomorrow and Sunday. Mid 90s.
Don't take this personal, Deziner....you suck!!! :1DeadBanana :1DeadBanana :1DeadBanana ;) I know you don't control the weather, but you don't have to rub it in.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »
When it's 115 here you won't have any sympathy for me either.  8)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2015, 05:13:22 AM »
yeah...but it's a dry heat.  8)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »

That's what I tell folks about below zero temps.... "yeah, but its dry cold..." 
Our snow layer was all melted off last Wednesday, then we got a dusting again on Thursday... what a pain... about 10* early morn here, its warming now... up to 20* heat wave....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
Yeah, it is a dry heat in my oven too but that does not seem to do the turkey any good....  Cold you can fix with more [clothes, layers, heaters]. Hot is impossible to address, after all, once you hit naked, there is nothing more to take off. 90F is too hot for my Yankee butt to ride in, at high temps. like that, I take the air conditioned car in self- defense.

I spend 200 or 300 hours one day riding through South Dakota in temps. of just over 102F. Miserably, hateful way to ride a motorcycle.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »
Went to a luncheon of C-14 folks today in the snow.... in the car :-(  It has snowed all day here and for the most part, it all melted but it is finally cold enough that the junk is starting to stick. It is nearly April and the winter just will not let go.

Brian

That's what I tell folks about below zero temps.... "yeah, but its dry cold..." 
Our snow layer was all melted off last Wednesday, then we got a dusting again on Thursday... what a pain... about 10* early morn here, its warming now... up to 20* heat wave....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »
Took the snowmobile up for the seasons last ice fishing trip into Ontario Thursday morning. Woke up Friday morning at the shack/cabin to -18F. And only -10F this (Friday) morning. By the time we got home, which is about 150 miles south of there, it was 44F.
Still pretty good snow cover in the woods up there. About 30" of ice, but most of the snow is off the lake ice. It will be a late ice out this spring.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »
Yeah, it is a dry heat in my oven too but that does not seem to do the turkey any good....  Cold you can fix with more [clothes, layers, heaters]. Hot is impossible to address, after all, once you hit naked, there is nothing more to take off. 90F is too hot for my Yankee butt to ride in, at high temps. like that, I take the air conditioned car in self- defense.

I spend 200 or 300 hours one day riding through South Dakota in temps. of just over 102F. Miserably, hateful way to ride a motorcycle.

Brian

I have never been so hot that I wanted to cry but I have been that cold.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
You saying it was 90 F made me a little misty...., and not in the good way.  ;D

Brian

I have never been so hot that I wanted to cry but I have been that cold.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »
I may bust some chops about the weather but I really do feel your pain when it's nasty cold. I grew up in that crap, that's why I moved 2500 miles to the middle of the Sonoran Desert. I may comment when it gets stupid hot (above 117) but I never complain. I don't know how y'all deal with it.... BRRRRR

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2015, 06:47:55 PM »
I don't know how y'all deal with it.... BRRRRR
We keep looking forward to the summer riding season. :banana :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2015, 05:57:24 AM »
Took the snowmobile up for the seasons last ice fishing trip into Ontario Thursday morning. Woke up Friday morning at the shack/cabin to -18F. And only -10F this (Friday) morning. By the time we got home, which is about 150 miles south of there, it was 44F.
Still pretty good snow cover in the woods up there. About 30" of ice, but most of the snow is off the lake ice. It will be a late ice out this spring.

How was the fishing?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2015, 06:51:28 AM »
How was the fishing?

Fishing has been poor this year, as conditions have been very cold and windy with 180* direction shifts every other day on the weekends we have gone out. Enough excuses, but between that and equipment failures (previous two trips had resulted in towing a snowmobile ten miles out due to an engine meltdown and a chaincase issue) it was a tough season.
This was a bit better, but caught 6 lakers, about 15 walleyes, a few pesky northern pike and a couple random jumbo perch over the course of a day and a half. Almost all the walleyes were relatively decent sized males, the spawning females haven't felt enough warmer incoming river water to get into the mood yet.
We had a good fish fry, brought our meager trout and walleye limits home, so it was a good trip.
The only casualty was my Suburban almost derailed the trip before it got out of town. 20 miles from home with the tandem trailer with three snowmobiles and sleds in tow I was heading out to pick up the brother in law. Started hearing a vibration that quickly turns into a thumping noise. A couple stops for inspection of trailer, tires, driveshaft axles and u joints turn up nothing. Stick my head out the window to look/listen and see the driver side rear wheel wobbling. Three of the six wheel studs had broken off and the remaining three were very loose. Almost lost the wheel, obviously. Had to make some calls, abandon the Sub and do some trailer and vehicle swaps to make the trip, all at 4 AM.
Tightened up the remaining lug nuts and limped the Sub home very slowly on the return leg of the trip yesterday. Might get a chance to pull it apart this afternoon. It would have been a disaster if it had happened in the Canadian stretch of road.
Rain/snow at 35* this morning. More Brrrrr....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2015, 07:03:10 AM »
Fishing has been poor this year, as conditions have been very cold and windy with 180* direction shifts every other day on the weekends we have gone out. Enough excuses, but between that and equipment failures (previous two trips had resulted in towing a snowmobile ten miles out due to an engine meltdown and a chaincase issue) it was a tough season.
This was a bit better, but caught 6 lakers, about 15 walleyes, a few pesky northern pike and a couple random jumbo perch over the course of a day and a half. Almost all the walleyes were relatively decent sized males, the spawning females haven't felt enough warmer incoming river water to get into the mood yet.
We had a good fish fry, brought our meager trout and walleye limits home, so it was a good trip.
The only casualty was my Suburban almost derailed the trip before it got out of town. 20 miles from home with the tandem trailer with three snowmobiles and sleds in tow I was heading out to pick up the brother in law. Started hearing a vibration that quickly turns into a thumping noise. A couple stops for inspection of trailer, tires, driveshaft axles and u joints turn up nothing. Stick my head out the window to look/listen and see the driver side rear wheel wobbling. Three of the six wheel studs had broken off and the remaining three were very loose. Almost lost the wheel, obviously. Had to make some calls, abandon the Sub and do some trailer and vehicle swaps to make the trip, all at 4 AM.
Tightened up the remaining lug nuts and limped the Sub home very slowly on the return leg of the trip yesterday. Might get a chance to pull it apart this afternoon. It would have been a disaster if it had happened in the Canadian stretch of road.
Rain/snow at 35* this morning. More Brrrrr....

Disaster averted for sure!  :yikes:

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2015, 07:08:51 AM »
Disaster averted for sure!  :yikes:

Yeah! A three wheeled truck being pushed by a loaded tandem trailer would of made for an ugly mess.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2015, 09:24:02 AM »
It is nearly April and the winter just will not let go.

Brian

Same thing here Brian...it just isn't stopping...lol. We got another 8-12 inches last night.

I normally have my bike out on the road in April, and sometimes in late March. Not this year apparently.

Check out the second last pic.....I've shovelled my roof off twice already this year, and it's still full. We've been in this house for 10 years, and this is the first year I've had to shovel the roof off.

The novelty is wearing off...lol. Pics below from this morning...and it's a balmy 37 degrees out...right down to my t-shirt while shovelling;).

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »
Same thing here Brian...it just isn't stopping...lol. We got another 8-12 inches last night.

I normally have my bike out on the road in April, and sometimes in late March. Not this year apparently.

Check out the second last pic.....I've shovelled my roof off twice already this year, and it's still full. We've been in this house for 10 years, and this is the first year I've had to shovel the roof off.

The novelty is wearing off...lol. Pics below from this morning...and it's a balmy 37 degrees out...right down to my t-shirt while shovelling;).

Is that your Honda?

Pet peeve of mine...

Come on man, clear those windows off before you drive it!!!    ;D

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »
Is that your Honda?

Pet peeve of mine...

Come on man, clear those windows off before you drive it!!!    ;D

Haha...yes, that's my wife's Honda...and it's a pet peeve of hers too...lol.

I only cleared enough snow off so I could pull it out on the road. That way, I don't have to shovel the snow I clean off the car...lol. It becomes the snow plow's problem. Every little bit helps when the snow arrives in one foot increments...lol.

Rem
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #219 on: March 29, 2015, 10:05:19 AM »
Our snow finally melted as MOB said, we even finally got a half in of rain to wash off the roads only to get a few flurries Friday and they salted the s**t out of the roads, they have to use up what they have or they can't order more next season, anyway, back to square one as I usually get the bike out late in March also.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50