Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672530 times)

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2011, 11:47:06 AM »
Does it ever really cool down or does the heat just fail to show up? :o
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »
Does it ever really cool down or does the heat just fail to show up? :o

It gets around 90ish-95ish like anywhere else on the eastern seaboard.  I usually stay in the mountains of Asheville, NC in the hot summer and its always 15-20 degrees cooler. But I absolutely HATE cold weather and call FL home base, you won't see me in a cold place for too long.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2011, 12:53:39 PM »
Oh trust me I understand that. Livin' in Houston I know what hot is. The one time we went on vacation to Disney World we kept chuckling at the other people when we were outside. It was in the low to mid 90's at the time.  Lots of people were falling out of the lines. For us it was pretty comfortable, even the kids. ;D
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2011, 01:27:15 PM »
Oh trust me I understand that. Livin' in Houston I know what hot is. The one time we went on vacation to Disney World we kept chuckling at the other people when we were outside. It was in the low to mid 90's at the time.  Lots of people were falling out of the lines. For us it was pretty comfortable, even the kids. ;D

It never got below 110 when i rode my bike through TX in July :)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
Same for me.  I had to flush the coolant and change the radiator cap and fan thermo switch at a buddy's house in Amarillo so I could leave the state successfully.  The high 70's of the summers here never really tax the coolant system.
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #205 on: November 16, 2011, 07:21:54 AM »
I got lost in KY once.  I thought those signs to Butcher Holler were fake, till i followed them to Loretta Lynn's childhood home.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »

Me too! Man it was HOT!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2011, 08:43:27 AM »

We stopped at a place near Onalaska at the east end of the bridge over Lake Livingston on 190 for lunch and shelter from the heat. When we came out the back tire on my son's bike was flat.  It was just too hot to be able to put the compressor on it to find the leak. The pavement would burn you instantly. Luckily the manager of the place took pity on us and let us put the bikes in the shade on the side of the place. Then I was able to lay on the ground to air up the tire, find the leak and plug it.  Out in the parking lot in the sun at 2pm it was absolutely impossible to do that.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »

And just think I was commuting to & from work in it all summer long. Not bad in the mornings but the ride home could be grueling. As long as the traffic was moving it was do-able. The desire to ride kept overpowering the good sense to drive an air-conditioned cage. Of course the more I did it the more I got used to it. The human body is an amazing machine. Far more adaptable than we know. 8)
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Not4Hire

• Arena
  • & Western-The only two types of music there is...
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2011, 07:34:25 PM »
One of the best things I ever saw was Winnemucca in my rear view mirror...
'90-clean one owner-Not4Hire (or sale)
-wants a C14 SO bad--"Non Sequitur" will be her name 
1533, from L., lit. "it does not follow."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:56 AM »
Going to see John Mellencamp in concert tonight. The theater is amazing, I've been there a couple of times before. Nearly perfect acoustics and a very beautiful venue.

As a reflection of the diversity of styles and material that have been a hallmark of Mellencamp's eclectic career, the No Better Than This concerts are formatted into three segments. These showcase John Mellencamp in an acoustic context, fronting a small combo recalling blues/country and rockabilly roots and with his full rock band. Musicians backing Mellencamp include Michael Wanchic (guitar), Andy York (guitar), Miriam Sturm (violin), John Gunnell (electric and upright bass), Dane Clark (drums and percussion) and Troye Kinnett (accordion/keyboards).

Each of the No Better Than This tour dates will be preceded by a screening of It’s About You, the documentary by filmmakers Kurt and Ian Markus, shot on Super 8, over the course of 2009’s Bob Dylan-John Mellencamp-Willie Nelson tour of minor league baseball stadiums. The hour-long film, both a SXSW Film Festival and Nashville Film Festival selection, chronicles the creation of the No Better Than This album that was recorded on that tour’s off days. The film will be shown at 7 PM at each of the No Better Than This Tour venues so ticket holders are advised to arrive in time to see it.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2011, 11:18:47 AM »
Going to see John Mellencamp in concert tonight. The theater is amazing, I've been there a couple of times before. Nearly perfect acoustics and a very beautiful venue.

As a reflection of the diversity of styles and material that have been a hallmark of Mellencamp's eclectic career, the No Better Than This concerts are formatted into three segments. These showcase John Mellencamp in an acoustic context, fronting a small combo recalling blues/country and rockabilly roots and with his full rock band. Musicians backing Mellencamp include Michael Wanchic (guitar), Andy York (guitar), Miriam Sturm (violin), John Gunnell (electric and upright bass), Dane Clark (drums and percussion) and Troye Kinnett (accordion/keyboards).

Each of the No Better Than This tour dates will be preceded by a screening of It’s About You, the documentary by filmmakers Kurt and Ian Markus, shot on Super 8, over the course of 2009’s Bob Dylan-John Mellencamp-Willie Nelson tour of minor league baseball stadiums. The hour-long film, both a SXSW Film Festival and Nashville Film Festival selection, chronicles the creation of the No Better Than This album that was recorded on that tour’s off days. The film will be shown at 7 PM at each of the No Better Than This Tour venues so ticket holders are advised to arrive in time to see it.

^^^^^awesome!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
A thread about nothing and my truck showed all the little 18 wheeler "woker trucks" at the dock who was boss today.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2011, 12:25:18 PM »
I tried to read 15 pages about nothing at all.  I learned something, I aint sure what it wa though.  What ever did happen with the guy who got his bike from the dealership with no oil?

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »
Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »
Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

I hate it when that happens.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »
Denier!  I suspect you like it.... a lot! In fact, if your bike were to skip one of those things I bet you would be downright cranky.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:32 PM »
'And then the defendant shot him in the fracas?'

'No, he shot him just above the fracas.'

-Anguished English
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MiniCog

« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:19 PM »

You hate the 4-stroke cycle?  How dare thee.   :o

Denier!  I suspect you like it.... a lot! In fact, if your bike were to skip one of those things I bet you would be downright cranky.

Brian

Hahahahahahahhaa.  Response of the year.   ;D

'And then the defendant shot him in the fracas?'

'No, he shot him just above the fracas.'

-Anguished English

Good book.  "Franklin died on April 17, 1790.  Today, he is still dead."
Past: XR650R, 250 Ninjette.
Present: None...
Next: C-14, '08-09 Speed Triple, and/or Sprint GT.

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. It is a piece of software that can emulate the old arcade machines of the 80's and early 90's. Given a ROM file of an old game, it'll reproduce the workings of the arcade game on any PC.

So what a lot of crazy people do is build an entire arcade cabinet and put a computer in it. That way you have the software emulating the game, and you have the hardware of the cabinet, controls, buttons, coin slot, etc filling out the rest of the arcade experience.

I guess I'm now one of those crazy people. Here I've chronicled my adventure as I built a cabinet from scratch, installed the controls, hooked up the computer, and installed it in my basement.
http://myarcadeproject.blogspot.com/2011/09/mame-arcade-idea.html
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)