Author Topic: Handle Assembly for Side Hardcases  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Yahooie

Handle Assembly for Side Hardcases
« on: October 15, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »
Hey All,

One of my handles broke on the side hardcase.  When looking up the parts on www.kawaskipartshouse.com it says the part is N/A.  Anyone know a part number or somewhere else that I can buy a replacement?

Offline p07r0457

Re: Handle Assembly for Side Hardcases
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
I believe the part numbers are:

27016-5355 (Left)
27016-5356 (Right)
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance - White Diamond Pearl
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:43 PM »
'09  (comes with lock tumbler installed)

27016B   27016-5355   LOCK-ASSY,SIDE BAG,LH   1      
27016C   27016-5356   LOCK-ASSY,SIDE BAG,RH   1

$283 each

'10 & up (lock tumbler shipped loose, so you can use your old one, but it must be removed, and destroys the old latch mechanism, somewhat, but it's fixable with pop rivets... does not damage key tumbler tho.)

27016A   27016-5361   LOCK-ASSY,SIDE BAG,LH   1      
27016B   27016-5362   LOCK-ASSY,SIDE BAG,RH   1

$335 each

both the above come with keys cut to the tumbler set that comes in the kit,

best price would be to find the correct side bag (the latches are different from side to side) on ebay, or here in parts for sale, that has been scratched by a minor fall, and buy the complete bag, and swap the whole thing out... but it has to come with a key....

instructions for removing and replacing latches, and lock, per the OEM retrofit from RED latch models to Orange latch (genric instructions) are attached below..

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:00:34 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Yahooie

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »
Boy just looked up on ebay and they want to rape you for one of the side bags.  $400+.  I assume they just don't sell the handle assembly?

Offline p07r0457

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »
Boy just looked up on ebay and they want to rape you for one of the side bags.  $400+.  I assume they just don't sell the handle assembly?
Did you read either my post or MAN OF BLUES post?  We both gave you part numbers for handles.
2009 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Candy Diamond Red
1986 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S - Candy Aleutian Blue and Shasta White
2017 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance - White Diamond Pearl
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium AWD - Majestic White

Offline Yahooie

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 02:18:12 PM »
Yes sorry, didn't mean to not give props for chiming in and the info.  Just a bit shell shocked looking up the price for the damn thing. Almost $300.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
Some folks on the Forum's have damaged bikes and will sell the bags or parts.
Probably best option is to look for one of those.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline Yahooie

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »
Thanks. I carry so much stuff I need both side bags and the top case.  Helmet storage in top case and lunch, Rain gear and jacket in side case and gym bag in the other.  I had to take off the side bags for the sake of not looking goofy. LOL

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 06:58:16 PM »
Yes sorry, didn't mean to not give props for chiming in and the info.  Just a bit shell shocked looking up the price for the damn thing. Almost $300.

yeah, I included the price for them in my post with the numbers... if you didn't believe me, well, all I could do was give you that...

some of us are here to help ya, whether you read our posting or not...
reading something posted as was, you should be able to understand that.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

maybe scroll back up there, and download and read the attachment I made to that post, showing exactly how to replace the bag latch.
.. so you don't have to ask a second time, and I didn't waste my time posting it for you.
best of luck, ride safe

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Yahooie

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
I did see that but since I was unaware of the actual part price I had to look them up myself to realize that was the price just for the handle assembly and not the whole bag.  I then went to ebay to see if anyone was selling one off a damaged bag, searched through the "For Sale" section here and posted in the wanted section.  I also did see your attachment which helped. My bike is a 2009 so I do not think they are covering that part but I will research it further.  I do greatly appreciate the input it did help considerably.  Now I just have to take out a second mortgage to buy that part. LOL  You think that would be the price of the whole side bag and not just the handle. SMH they get you one way or the other.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
I've said it before- I bet if you build a vehicle ENTIRELY from "parts" purchased from a dealer, you would end up spending $1,000,000 or something insane.  This is one reason it is so easy to "total" a vehicle, especially an "older" (as if several years is "old") motorcycle.  The parts and labor quickly exceed the blue book.  If your vehicle was low mileage, and/or unique, and/or in great/perfect condition, then you are truly screwed because there is no way you can get something anywhere near close to ACTUALLY "replacing" your vehicle for "blue book".  I am pretty much always in that state with all my vehicles.  They would expect me to end up with some used thing, in much worse condition, probably not the color and options I had, with totally unknown maintenance and issues.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Cuda

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »
When I broke that little orange plastic piece, I did a craigslist search , found two complete black bags for $400. they look fine on my silver bike ;)

The guy had his bike repossessed and his bags were off at the time.

I found my LSL handlebars the same way , craigslist is your friend.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Yahooie

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 07:23:57 PM »
Will look at craigslist and offerup thanks for the suggestion

Offline Cuda

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 07:43:39 PM »
What I do whenever searching  start with craigslist, then add keywords  concours zg1400 bags for sale then bingo ... so simple.

https://www.ebay.com/i/391118094048?chn=ps
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver