Author Topic: EU Headlight  (Read 1717 times)

Offline deepseamdv

EU Headlight
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »
I must change the headlight on my USA GTR1400 to meet the German TUV requirements. It must have the ECE "E" marking. If you know of a used headlight please let me know.

Thank you.
deepseamdv@gmail.com
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline deepseamdv

Re: EU Headlight
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:14:34 PM »
The light on Ebay is advertised as EU compliant but it does not have the required marking. The same is true for the ones advertised and sold in both France and the UK. Germany and in particular Bavaria are very strict about what is and isn't allowed. When I got here I had a BST Carbon Fiber front wheel that is JWL and DOT certified. It is recognized and allowed world wide except Germany. I have applied for an exemption for the wheel. Pretty much all after market parts must be tested in a "German" test center for each vehicle before being allowed and given an ABE approval. Kind of where CA is headed.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:58:43 PM »
The light on Ebay is advertised as EU compliant but it does not have the required marking. The same is true for the ones advertised and sold in both France and the UK. Germany and in particular Bavaria are very strict about what is and isn't allowed. When I got here I had a BST Carbon Fiber front wheel that is JWL and DOT certified. It is recognized and allowed world wide except Germany. I have applied for an exemption for the wheel. Pretty much all after market parts must be tested in a "German" test center for each vehicle before being allowed and given an ABE approval. Kind of where CA is headed.

be careful, I hear the testing dude's name is Conann...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
buy a complete bike

remove headlight

put it in storage

refit and sell bike when due to go home

https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/kawasaki-gtr-1400-tourer-benzin-schwarz-5754e652-4347-4b95-bb5a-6d54153146e3?cldtidx=1
--
space reserved for humourous sig file