Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 464269 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1620 on: October 08, 2017, 07:26:17 AM »
Plastic kitchen wraps of all kinds.  It either won't come off the roll, won't tear off correctly, sticks to itself once off the roll, and then doesn't stick where you want it.

Have you ever cut yourself on the serrated edge of the box used to cut the wrap? It don't feel good. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1621 on: October 08, 2017, 07:38:19 AM »
Have you ever cut yourself on the serrated edge of the box used to cut the wrap?

Yes and it makes me crazy and annoyed

Seems Glad brand works the best for me for some reason.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1622 on: October 08, 2017, 07:50:01 AM »
Yes and it makes me crazy and annoyed

Seems Glad brand works the best for me for some reason.

The wrap or the serrated cutter?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline O.C.

« Reply #1623 on: October 08, 2017, 08:57:04 AM »
Nothing hurts quite like a cut from paper ...ouch 

And whilst I'm on my soap box, I find too many products wrapped in such a way as it's near impossible to open them without using dynamite 
:banghead:
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1624 on: October 08, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Nothing hurts quite like a cut from paper ...ouch 

And whilst I'm on my soap box, I find too many products wrapped in such a way as it's near impossible to open them without using dynamite 
:banghead:

Be careful getting on and off that soap box, splinters ya know?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1625 on: October 08, 2017, 11:38:22 AM »
Yeah, and how bad it feels is probably directly connected to exactly WHAT you cut on the serrated edge in the first place. So I gotta' ask, what did YOU cut on that edge? No, wait: Strike that! I do not want to know. Please do not tell me and whatever you do, no photos!

Now I have to shake the metal image out of my head and go stab myself in the eye with ice picks. Damn you Conrad!

:-)

Brian

Have you ever cut yourself on the serrated edge of the box used to cut the wrap? It don't feel good.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1626 on: October 09, 2017, 05:09:37 AM »
Yeah, and how bad it feels is probably directly connected to exactly WHAT you cut on the serrated edge in the first place. So I gotta' ask, what did YOU cut on that edge? No, wait: Strike that! I do not want to know. Please do not tell me and whatever you do, no photos!

Now I have to shake the metal image out of my head and go stab myself in the eye with ice picks. Damn you Conrad!

:-)

Brian

Calm yourself Brian, take deep breaths and put away the ice pick (I hope that I'm not too late). Rest assured that the only parts of my body that I EVER allow to get close to any type of serrated edges are my hands and fingers. I don't have any pictures but it was my fingers that took the abuse from that evil and dangerous cutter.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1627 on: October 09, 2017, 05:28:20 AM »
I really wanted to watch the new Star Trek series, Discovery.

CBS has decided that it's not going to let anyone watch this for free and folks have to subscribe the CBS All Access in order to watch. No way am I going to pay for another streaming channel and especially not for only one program.

This is very annoying! It doesn't make me crazy though.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1628 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:20 AM »
I saw the first episode and decided not to watch it anymore..  I'm cutting back on my online subscriptions, just dumped Netflix.   The price increase put me over the top.  Haven't been watching it as much.  Spending more time with Amazon these days.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1629 on: October 09, 2017, 10:31:30 AM »
Yes, and interesting twist. I saw the network name CBS and went looking for it but did not find it listed. I discovered what you did- it is CBS All Access, which is a specific service provided for a fee. It appears that at least one of the 'Big three' networks has gone looking for a new revenue source; not all that surprising because after decades of dominating what was available on TV, they are facing more and more alternate forms of delivery. And their ratings are showing the decline in viewership.

And I agree with you, I am not interested in paying for another service to deliver what at least so far appears to be very limited content. Besides, sooner or later, it will show up through other delivery methods, and is actually available right now if you beat the proverbial bushes a little bit.

Brian

I really wanted to watch the new Star Trek series, Discovery.

CBS has decided that it's not going to let anyone watch this for free and folks have to subscribe the CBS All Access in order to watch. No way am I going to pay for another streaming channel and especially not for only one program.

This is very annoying! It doesn't make me crazy though.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1630 on: October 09, 2017, 10:33:25 AM »
Got distracted looking for the ice pick, and Whew on cutting your fingers- that is a big relief.

;D

Brian

Calm yourself Brian, take deep breaths and put away the ice pick (I hope that I'm not too late). Rest assured that the only parts of my body that I EVER allow to get close to any type of serrated edges are my hands and fingers. I don't have any pictures but it was my fingers that took the abuse from that evil and dangerous cutter.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1631 on: October 09, 2017, 05:56:37 PM »
Moving. Lock, stock and barrel.

Mrs. E are in the process of our 6th complete move (including the sale and subsequent purchase of the House That She Must Have).

Different states, of course. Tennessee, Utah, Ohio, Missouri, Mississippi, and our Final Hurrah is Arkansas.

No more chasing the next job. If I can't last the next two years at my last gig, too bad. That means early retirement.

Packing boxes, unpacking boxes, building shelves (though I kinda like that), everything I have to do except RIDE MY BIKE.

That's what makes me crazy and annoyed. All the "other" priorities that have to happen.

But moving outranks just about everything else.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #1632 on: October 09, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »
I feel you Eupher, I was forced to move a lot as a kid as well, as my father used to work for one of the national banks we have here in the RSA. He was transferred quite often, to take up higher positions, and sort out problems at the branches. So much so, that I ended up going to 7 different primary schools (grade 1-7), of which 3 schools were in one year. In that year, we also lived in 5 different houses to boot.

Thankfully I'm my own man now, and haven't had to move since i purchased my house 6 years ago. I'm also not planning on selling the house and moving anytime soon.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1633 on: October 10, 2017, 05:16:42 AM »
Moving. Lock, stock and barrel.

Mrs. E are in the process of our 6th complete move (including the sale and subsequent purchase of the House That She Must Have).

Different states, of course. Tennessee, Utah, Ohio, Missouri, Mississippi, and our Final Hurrah is Arkansas.

No more chasing the next job. If I can't last the next two years at my last gig, too bad. That means early retirement.

Packing boxes, unpacking boxes, building shelves (though I kinda like that), everything I have to do except RIDE MY BIKE.

That's what makes me crazy and annoyed. All the "other" priorities that have to happen.

But moving outranks just about everything else.

Good luck with the move and your new digs!

Offline O.C.

« Reply #1634 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:30 AM »
Yep, good luck from me too...we moved from England to Northern Ireland in May this year  :banana

We weren't crazy but there were times when we were annoyed with the exercise
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1635 on: October 10, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »
Have you ever come up to a traffic light and the car in front of you is more than one car length behind the one in front of it?  And then it gradually the gap a few feet at a time until the light changes?   This makes me crazy and annoyed!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1636 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:12 AM »
Have you ever come up to a traffic light and the car in front of you is more than one car length behind the one in front of it?  And then it gradually the gap a few feet at a time until the light changes?   This makes me crazy and annoyed!

All the time! I hate it when the guy in front of me is sneaking up on the car in front of them. Totally makes me crazy and annoyed!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1637 on: October 10, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
A somewhat related annoyance to the above.

Coming up to a 4 way stop and there's a car stopped at the cross intersection. Instead of stopping and then proceeding the car at the cross intersection waits for you to stop (even though he/she is clear to go) before proceeding. As a result you must stop and wait for him/her instead of a token 'stop', also known as a rolling stop.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1638 on: October 10, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

I don't like it, but I also won't move, myself.  So what I hate is the person behind me going crazy because I refuse to put the bike into gear and move forward 4 feet, then stop and take out of gear again, and then a minute later put it in gear and move another 4 feet.  Same thing in stop-and-go traffic jams... people freak when I don't immediately move a foot when the car in front of me moves a foot.  They simply can't even comprehend what it means to have to do that over and over and over again with a manual transmission, especially when pointed UP HILL and having to combine the brake, too.

Drives me crazy
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1639 on: October 10, 2017, 04:16:45 PM »
Stuck on the highway in traffic, on a motorcycle, when the traffic is moving faster than zero but not fast enough to balance with my feet up.

If it is 75F +, or even better, 85F+, it is a nice touch for dessert. I swear I would buy a set of training wheels when that happens, and of course pay $35 to the guy in the car next to me to turn his A/C up all the way and open the passenger window.....

Brian