Author Topic: MadStad Robobrackets [for windscreen]  (Read 8567 times)

Offline amphibsailor

• Just call me Cap'n Crunch, Ted.
MadStad Robobrackets [for windscreen]
« on: April 25, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
Put on a set of MadStad RoboBrackets (using with Cee Bailey Ultra Tour). 
MadStad Concours 1400 RoboBrackets kit
09 Concours aka Cruncher: Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 lines, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg on the way),  Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: MadStad Robobrackets [for windscreen]
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »
Put on a set of MadStad RoboBrackets

Interesting- Have never seen that before
http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.13488/.f
I like the concept, but not sure about the looks
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
I was going to ask about this when I saw it on the other thread. I get the concept of it, not sure if it's needed or worth it though. Have you been able to do some test rides with it on yet?
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 03:23:14 PM »
I was going to ask about this when I saw it on the other thread.

I split if off as a different topic, since it is new and fresh and different

I get the concept of it, not sure if it's needed or worth it though.

I am always amazed how many things are out there to suck away our $ for the Concours.  Generally, more control is always better, so I can certainly see a market for it (probably not for me, I am very happy with the Xcreen http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16222.0 )

My main issue with the Robobrackets concept is that it looks like with them on there, it would be impossible to have the windscreen ever as flat as without them.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 03:57:02 PM »
At least we have things out there to buy..with the C10 and Voyager I had.....not so much.  I'm happy that there are farkles aplenty.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 03:58:17 PM »
Put on a set of MadStad RoboBrackets (using with Cee Bailey Ultra Tour). 
MadStad Concours 1400 RoboBrackets kit

Let us know how it works..and pictures as well if you can.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline amphibsailor

• Just call me Cap'n Crunch, Ted.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 08:52:04 PM »
Got it mounted, but unfortunately won't have the opportunity to report on it until next weekend.  I'm out the rest of this weekend and all of next week...on the road.  Will get some pics of the install and a good test when I get back.
09 Concours aka Cruncher: Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 lines, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg on the way),  Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 04:53:03 AM »
Oh, what a tease!  :o

Maxtog, I just purchased the x-creen Friday, looking forward to getting it in this week and trying it out. Even with the V-stream shield, air goes right into the vent on my Shoei and sounds like a jet in my helmet!
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline clogan

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
What do these brackets do for you? Stability? Angle? Spacing?
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 06:56:52 PM »
Any word on the performance of the brackets yet? I'm liking the x-creen by the way, just need to fine tune the angle. Went on the Vstream fairly easy. I did realize if I put the windshield all the way up with the x-creen in the highest position, i can take phone calls in absolute silence haha, just have to look through the x-creen then.
Jarrod
Boone NC

Offline olie

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
Got it mounted, but unfortunately won't have the opportunity to report on it until next weekend.  I'm out the rest of this weekend and all of next week...on the road.  Will get some pics of the install and a good test when I get back.

...any update on this subject??
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline Justcliff

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 09:19:22 AM »
...any update on this subject??

The Madstad brackets work great. I've had the MRA Vario shield for roughly 4 years now & have been very pleased with it. Earlier in the summer for whatever reason I decided to try the brackets. Nothing to lose since they have a 60 day money back guarantee.

You get a ton of smooth, clean, quiet air & no buffeting. The wife says it makes a huge difference from the pillion seat also. After roughly 8,000 miles or so I'm very pleased with them.

I did take them off a couple weeks ago for winter riding, simply to much cold air. They will go back on as soon as spring arrives.

No regrets!

Cliff

2008 C14, 250,000 miles & counting!  2014 V-Strom 1000
IBA#66047

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 05:12:58 PM »
I'm loving these brackets too, going on two plus years (I've had em on all three of my C14s). I took the knobs off and replaced with plain nuts as I always keep them in the fully lowered position.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.