Author Topic: A little about me  (Read 2891 times)

Offline mturner

A little about me
« on: May 05, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »
I just registered yesterday, and made a few post. I live in Cloudcroft NM.  I's beautiful up here at 8600 ft.  I'll be 53 in October, so I decided to sell the Hayabusa and get a sport touring bike.  After doing some research, I chose the Concours 14.

My brother an I, and our wives share almost 30 acres that backs up against the national forest.  We have our own manufacturing facility on our land, and only walk about 150 yards to get to work, back home for lunch, and then back to work again.  Here is what my brother and I manufacture.

www.crankbalancer.com

I love to hunt, build custom rifles, and I also shoot in competition in Raton and Albuquerque NM, along with a few matches held in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas.

I'm also very busy building a two story home.  I hope to be in it this winter or shortly thereafter.

Michael

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: A little about me
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:08:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful country you live in.

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 10:21:02 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new Connie, and wishing you many safe miles on her.
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 04:47:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Michael!!!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »
Welcome Michael! Went through Cloud Croft 2 years ago on a motorcycle road trip with 3 of my brothers and my son. I think it was in Cloud Croft that had a watering hole with dollar bills all over the walls and ceiling. We added a bill with "Road Rhinos" and a date written on it. Does this place look familiar?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 08:20:43 AM »
The Connie can rail two up, and stay in front of a Busa rider. Check out, even...
Once you get it sorted, You'll really dig it. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline mturner

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »
Rhino,

The place you are referring to is the Western Bar.  My wife and I go there on Fridays for karaoke.  Never thought I be doing that, but it has become a little addictive.  Do you have any idea where I might find your dollar?  Which wall, or is it on the ceiling?

Michael

Welcome Michael! Went through Cloud Croft 2 years ago on a motorcycle road trip with 3 of my brothers and my son. I think it was in Cloud Croft that had a watering hole with dollar bills all over the walls and ceiling. We added a bill with "Road Rhinos" and a date written on it. Does this place look familiar?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 06:17:35 AM »
Hi Michael,

Our dollar would be somewhere close to where this table was. I would guess on the wall behind me. But can't really remember but I did find a pic of it on my phone.

We also spent a day in Alamogordo going through the missile museum. Our dad was an engineer for Bell Labs and worked on a lot of missiles that were tested at White Sands. He used to travel there a lot during the 50's and 60's. This is one we know he worked on. Nike Ajax missile. That's me on the left.

Rhino,

The place you are referring to is the Western Bar.  My wife and I go there on Fridays for karaoke.  Never thought I be doing that, but it has become a little addictive.  Do you have any idea where I might find your dollar?  Which wall, or is it on the ceiling?

Michael

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 04:34:47 PM »
Welcome, Michael!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.