Author Topic: Cee Bailey's out of the motorcycle business?  (Read 4074 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Cee Bailey's out of the motorcycle business?
« on: September 19, 2017, 03:01:28 PM »
I saw this on another forum. When I go to their site ceebaileys.com there is not mention of motorcycle products. Bummer since I really like their stuff. Had a CB Ultra tour on my C14 and have a CB on my Multistrada.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: Cee Bailey's out of the motorcycle business?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:22:57 AM »
I saw this on another forum. When I go to their site ceebaileys.com there is not mention of motorcycle products. Bummer since I really like their stuff. Had a CB Ultra tour on my C14 and have a CB on my Multistrada.

I noticed the same thing.  I have a tall Cee Bailey now, but I was thinking of picking up a Vstream.  I got caught in the rain and had little protection from the Cee Bailey.
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline works4me

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 09:25:59 AM »
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

I went to ceebaileys.com and motorcycle products are nowhere to be found. Soooo... I kinda believe this one.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
It's either that or something happened to that portion of the web site.  Google was bringing up the MC links but they all went back to the home page.   Only way to know is to call them.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline works4me

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »
I went to ceebaileys.com and motorcycle products are nowhere to be found. Soooo... I kinda believe this one.

“But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away
What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
And nothing at all keeps sending him
Somewhere back in her long ago
Where he can still believe there's a place in her life
Someday, somewhere, she will return”

It’s just a temporary glitch in their website.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 01:59:43 PM »
It’s just a temporary glitch in their website.

Do you have some inside knowledge? It's been that way for a few days now. I hope your right because I have been happy with their products.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
I called them. They are definitely out of the motorcycle business. Bummer.  :'(

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 02:20:55 PM »
What are you saying, now you are going to believe what people tell you in addition to believing what you see? Where is all of this going to end?  :yikes:  It is best not to take THAT attitude when watching the 'Crazy Channel'!

That is a bummer- they were the only ones making large, straight (top- to- bottom) windshields for the C-14.

But it looks like they picked up on the aircraft windshield business. That was probably a great business decision, us bike- ridin' types are always trying to beat everyone down to the last penny but I would think there would be far more profit in the aircraft windshield market. So while bad for us, I hope at least it is good for them.

Brian

I called them. They are definitely out of the motorcycle business. Bummer.  :'(
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 02:52:54 PM »
Ok, I'll give it another guess, HSN?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »
Not even close.  :rotflmao:  The HSN (as I remember, never saw much of it and that was decades ago) made perfect sense, they were merely trying to make money. The 'Crazy Channel' spends all of its time preaching to the choir as it were; just babbling endlessly to the very people who are already on that side. No one from the 'other' side watches the 'Crazy Channel', and even if they did, it would only be useful to show exactly why the 'Crazy Channel' is crazy in the first place. Sort of like Gandhi giving a speech: those who agreed with him nodded and shouted agreement, those who did not made sour faces and used those very speeches to show how bad and truly dangerous he was but no one was ever converted or even had their beliefs questioned by listening to the man. Hence the term 'Crazy' in 'Crazy Channel'.... well, that and the fact that everyone is screaming at everyone else.

And remember, there are two flavors of the 'Crazy Channel', a sort of yin- yang situation. Point, counterpoint. Crazy Left and Crazy Right. Opps, have I said too much?   ;)

Brian

Ok, I'll give it another guess, HSN?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com