Author Topic: the future of our country  (Read 1829 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
the future of our country
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:32:01 PM »

Offline Conniesaki

Re: the future of our country
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:59:32 PM »
That is fantastic.

The text, that is.

Offline Rob9876

• Beginner Motorcycling
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:15:35 PM »
Who on earth believes that eating detergent is a good idea? 
2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Kawasaki Versys ABS, 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (sold)
Beginner Motorcycling

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 04:21:50 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Dualsport

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 03:59:52 PM »
A Darwin Award activity, most definitely. Our kids are zombi-tized buy social media, so much so, that when they're in a room together they'll text in lieu of conversing. I'd like to say that on the bell-curve of life, that this is limited to one or the other of the extreme sides, but I'm scared to death that it's not. At 55 I'd like to think I have the wisdom to understand, but I fear we're in an entirely new realm here psychologically and it is my hope that some wisdom to the newer parents, or guidance, can be imparted. Back in 2000 I was shocked to learn that my stepson was with a group of 14 year olds that decided to establish their permanent friendship by taking a car cigarette lighter and branding  their upper arms. As most stepdads know, this typically is something you do not get to process like natural fathers do. In the very least, I was glad it didn't generate a hospital visit and only left a nasty scar. After conveying our extreme disappointment, I thought we were past it. In 2010 while he was visiting, I noticed that his arm now sported TWO MORE car lighter burns. Apparently he'd done it twice more after that, and although it's hard for me to convey after saying this, he was at that time generally considered to be a pretty smart, level-headed, and respectable boy from an uptown home. Apparently, as he now recalls in shame, the parents were so outraged, that later the boys decided to reaffirm their task by doing it again, then a year later when most of the boys were all on a pre-college baseball team, other boys inquired about the scars and then the whole damned team decided to do it again. I'm a a loss. My dad would'a wood-shedded me, and that's not acceptable today. I hope the wisdom is imparted. My entire Marine barracks decided to all get tattooed over the same weekend. I'm the only one that didn't partake, and I took a lot of crap for dissenting, and I dissented solely because my grandfather and mother sat me down when I was 15 and we noted just how Grandpa's tattoos had gotten so distorted and crappy looking since WWII. My mother made a special point on how these "youthful" things were not good. I hope today's parents can find a way to do the same. I have a 10 year old Grandson and he has an iPhone that's heavily monitored by his parents and it's just plain damned scarry what goes on.