Author Topic: Compartment in the front right faring  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Snype

Compartment in the front right faring
« on: February 20, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »
Has anyone made a compartment in the front panel where the evap canister is?  I'd love to use that space for the radar detector.  I'd like to make something water resistant.

Any ideas?

Snype

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Compartment in the front right faring
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »
Has anyone made a compartment in the front panel where the evap canister is?  I'd love to use that space for the radar detector.  I'd like to make something water resistant.

Do you mean like an enclosed area with a door or something?  I have not seen anyone do that, other than just using the space to put things- like cruise control stuff, air horn, detectors, radio stuff.  Some of it would have to be in a box, but I haven't seen any posting on this forum about making a "finished", multi-purpose compartment with latching door, like we have on the left side in the Gen 2 (2010+).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jmschink

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 07:22:01 PM »
When I bought my Connie that is the only thing my father has mentioned that he'd like to have seen on this bike. Seems like wasted space.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
When I bought my Connie that is the only thing my father has mentioned that he'd like to have seen on this bike. Seems like wasted space.

Well, remember that the Kalifornia model has a charcoal canister in that location.  They aren't going to make two versions of the plastics and  I don't think there is room for that and a second glove box.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
Like max' said.
It does, until you need that space to add something and find that lo and behold you purchased a California bike in Texas and have to change stuff around just to make the space you thought you already had.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 03:37:03 PM »
Like max' said.
It does, until you need that space to add something and find that lo and behold you purchased a California bike in Texas and have to change stuff around just to make the space you thought you already had.

It is not just the California model. They all have them now. My 2017 has the canister on the right side. They are easy to get rid of tho. :thumbs: I got rid of the charcoal cannister on my M109. It was in the only place I could install the compressor for the air ride.  :banghead: Don't the manufacturers know we need space for mods?!?!  :nuts:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 04:17:41 PM »
It is not just the California model. They all have them now. My 2017 has the canister on the right side.

That is true.  Forgot about that.  Since they discontinued the C14 in most of the world, AND dropped to one color, they also stopped making a CA-only model too.  There is just one C14 left.  I saw that as the beginning of the end "writing on the wall" in 2017 before we discovered in 2018 they dropped EU/etc.