Author Topic: Northeast Storm 2 March 2018  (Read 1348 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Northeast Storm 2 March 2018
« on: March 03, 2018, 03:42:02 PM »
Must have been a bunch of Concours riders who got caught in that thing. We lost power last night and much, much worse, we also lost Internet, phone (landline) and TV feeds (OH, the humanity!). Power was not all that big a deal because I can keep up with all of my normal power needs with a generator in a detached garage; it is inside, secure and we cannot even hear it running so overall, it is not unpleasant. And there is enough power to run everything / anything we would normally outside of the clothes dryer. But the real loss was all contact with the outside world! It was so bad I was thinking of stealing a neighbor's newspaper..... but apparently none of my neighbors get a newspaper either.

Screwed me up on a trip to a COG function in mid- Connecticut today as well, and I really wanted to go to that one. There are a lot of sort of local COG friends in CT and nearby NY that we do not get to see very often and so was really looking forward to this one. We get to see the 'usual suspects (local COG friends) to the north pretty regularly but the ones in NY not so much.

Anyway, power back on, links re- established with the outside world and we all lived so how bad could it really have been.... ?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Northeast Storm 2 March 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 05:17:16 PM »
Wasn't just NE, it affected the whole Mid-Atlantic too.  VA declared a state of emergency (??!!).  Here the power blinked a lot, it destroyed a section of my fence, and I haven't found my chimney cap yet....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
You mean it's not 70 degrees there like it is here?

Offline BMahar

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:55:40 AM »
  You folks in the N/E might get another storm as here in Central California have experienced 3 days of heavy rain, snow and hail along with colder then normal temps. Not near as bad as your Nor Easter but just a word to the wise.
  Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 04:14:16 PM »
You mean it's not 70 degrees there like it is here?

Who can keep track!  This morning was in the high 30's.  Just last week it was near 80.  During all this major wind stuff, here it fluctuating wildly... AND we didn't get a drop of rain.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc