Author Topic: damage at the tire shop  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Fontenot

damage at the tire shop
« on: May 31, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »
Took my tires off my 2016 C14 to a shop here in Beaumont Texas. To have new Michelin Road 5 tires installed, Well they called to tell me they broke the tire pressure sensor on the rear rim! Yes they will pay for a new one.
 My question is what I have to do after the new part is installed?
2016 Black C-14
Ivan's Flash
Two Brother's pipe.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: damage at the tire shop
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:13:15 PM »
This happens all the time.  You have to warn them over and over that there is a sensor and where it is (which maybe you did).  You will generally have to take the bike to a Kawasaki dealer, who will need the numbers off the sensor so they can program the ECU to recognize it.  It is imperative you get that paperwork/box/stickers that comes with the new sensor into the hands of whomever is doing that programming.  If that non-Kawasaki shop orders a sensor, installs it, and throws that stuff away before returning the wheel to you, you are going to be in an even worse situation.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 04:32:26 PM »
+1  What Max said.  Nice design [insert rolling eyes emoticon here].  Designed to be broken, not very forgiving.  PITA. :-\

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
The [non- Kawasaki] shop can order and install the sensors but you will almost certainly need a Kawasaki dealer to program the KiPass ECU to recognize the new sensor. As max said, get the numbers from the sensor before putting it inside the tire or the tire will have to be again broken- down off the wheel to read those numbers.

Cost seems to be about 1/2 hour service fee as a general rule, though I would ask the Kawasaki dealer before settling with the shop that broke the sensor regarding reimbursement.

Brian

Took my tires off my 2016 C14 to a shop here in Beaumont Texas. To have new Michelin Road 5 tires installed, Well they called to tell me they broke the tire pressure sensor on the rear rim! Yes they will pay for a new one.
 My question is what I have to do after the new part is installed?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Fontenot

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »
Thanks everybody! And yes I told them to be careful, They knew all about the air pressure sensors on the C14.  Things Happen at shops all the time, They will pay for everything plus the Job will be free !
2016 Black C-14
Ivan's Flash
Two Brother's pipe.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:56:37 PM »
Been there
Took to independent shop that wanted $20 less than dealer, they busted rear tire sensor and for good measure, scratched up the rim. They were shocked that it had to be programmed and acted like they were doing me a favor paying for it.Had to drive 30 miles for reprogram.
I was nervous two weeks ago when I dropped a wheel off at cycle gear store, but the guy there said “Tire sensor? No problem!” and he took out some pen and drew a line from one side of tire , to the other side, aligned with valve, to remind him to not let tire took take it out.

Offline Fontenot

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 06:01:44 PM »
I Talked to the Dealer and they Charge $ 45 to register the Sensor. The Tire shop is paying everything.
 So all good in the end.
2016 Black C-14
Ivan's Flash
Two Brother's pipe.