Poll

How many bikes pulled to the right from the get go...?

Yes
5 (7.6%)
No
61 (92.4%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Brand new 2012 concours pulls to the right  (Read 27164 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Brand new 2012 concours pulls to the right
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »
You're right.   I'm keeping an eye on this thread.  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsxrdude

« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
Ther's gotta be an 'Easy Boys' in there somewhere.

I don't get it, I havn't said anything to farty Marty that was condescending or insulting and as far as I am aware he has just given his personal experience and hasn't meant to insult me either.   
I think you guys might be trying to read something that just isn't there. ???

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2017, 08:20:52 PM »
I don't get it, I havn't said anything to farty Marty that was condescending or insulting and as far as I am aware he has just given his personal experience and hasn't meant to insult me either.   

No, it isn't that... the "easy boys" phrase is a kinda childish reference to any statement that could be misconstrued as sounding sexual in nature.  Example- talking about the shaft drive oil replacement procedure and and saying "My shaft needs lubrication because it is making strange noises".  That "must" be followed by an "Easy boys!"

I tend to not participate in that :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gsxrdude

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:47 PM »
No, it isn't that... the "easy boys" phrase is a kinda childish reference to any statement that could be misconstrued as sounding sexual in nature.  Example- talking about the shaft drive oil replacement procedure and and saying "My shaft needs lubrication because it is making strange noises".  That "must" be followed by an "Easy boys!"

Haha! This thread just went from confusing as heck to hilarious!
Oy! Being the newb on a forum is strange.  Long ago I used to own and admin a couple of these babies  ;D

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
I havn't said anything to farty Marty that was condescending or insulting.....

You call putting a space in my name and capitalizing the 3rd syllable not being insulting. WELL! Harumph! dang newbies!  ;D

Yeah, they do that.
Usually the more seriously you are trying to make a point, they will totally ignore it to go for the cheap word play laugh that you didn't even see when you were typing it up.

Uh Huh, sure right.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »
Yes, I am afraid there are some 'less than fully mature' people participating on this forum and they have started some rather poor writing patterns that have been used enough that they have crept into the forum's lexicon. The expression Easy Boys! is probably the most common and personally, I find it quite distasteful (Easy Boys!). In fact, I wish he would stop putting it in all the time (Easy Boys!).

As far as Marty goes, well let's just say that I have seen the way he 'hugs' some women in greeting and it IS rather unusual. So watch out for that guy.

Anyway, strictly due to that one clown, and now some others who have picked it up (Easy Boys!) you will find little innuendos stuck in (Boys!) all over the place following such phrases as 'I checked my rear end lube and.....', 'I am having a hard time sliding my axle through the rear wheel.....'.

It is nothing directed at you and is a forum- wide form of self- amusement (Boys!).

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2017, 04:18:57 AM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2017, 04:25:58 AM »
 :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2017, 07:13:54 AM »
.....as Marty goes, well let's just say that I have seen the way he 'hugs' some women in greeting and it IS rather unusual. So watch out for that guy.
You're never going to let me forget that "meeting", are you!  :P ::) ;)
(No, of course not, it was a rhetorical question.)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2017, 08:16:56 AM »
I do not have to remind you Marty, we could tell by the look on your face that that moment was indelibly etched into your frontal lobes.

Not to mention it was kinda' funny.

BTW- just had lunch with Wayne and MaryAnn but no opportunity for one of those famous (infamous?) hugs. Andrea (Gimpy as I like to call her) has her foot in a soft cast after surgery and we just could not get too physically 'active' around her in the event something would bump her or knock one of her 'sticks' out from under her. So MaryAnn got off easy this time..... :-)

Brian

You're never going to let me forget that "meeting", are you!  :P ::) ;)
(No, of course not, it was a rhetorical question.)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2017, 11:03:09 AM »
Hugs?? You can't hug anybody anymore! (Easy Boys!)

... unless you wanna be accused of sexual harassment and have your career ended and/or be sued and/or imprisoned ... regardless of the existence of proof. McCarthyism 2.0

Oh, wait, did I misuse the easy boys? (EASY BOYS!)

ps I've always thought it should be "Easy, Boys" ... since "Easy Boys!" means you're calling us easy boys. Which I'm not saying is false. But it may not apply to every single one of us.

pss So you say you're C14 "pulls to the right"? (easy, boys?)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2017, 02:27:41 PM »
Well, we could never 'hug' the way Marty does it. But I will let him explain 'cause frankly, I am rather disturbed by the whole thing.

And as far as the (Easy Boys!), that can be bent to suit the mood of the moment. You could always stick in a (Steady Boys!), or even a (Down Boys or I will get the hose!). All up to the author. Also, sometimes an (Easy Girls!) is better suited in some sentences, re: 'I could not believe the size of that thing, and the end was wiggling back and forth (Easy Girls!), I have never seen a rattle snake that big'.

Fun is where you find it: my wife recently had minor foot surgery so she is now 'The Gimp', wearing a ridiculously large, complex, multi- faceted boot (THAT is what the old woman must have lived in!) and klopping around on sticks (crutches). But I gotta' tell youse guize, this has been a really fun few weeks: did you know that those electric gimpmobiles in large stores will actually move along quite briskly..... if I get behind one with a shopping carriage and push on the gimpmobile as hard as I possibly can? I can even overcome the on-board brakes of those things, which is often embarrassing for my wife when she is in the checkout line and accidentally bumps into other people <hehehe>. But the funnest day was in Lowes, when both gimpmobiles were down and she was ker- klopping through the store on her sticks. We got about 1/2 way through the store and she was getting tired; I spotted an office desk chair next to a desk, with a Lowes employee standing next to it. I grabbed the chair, asked if I could borrow it and he said something in some language I do not speak ("Bad Englesio" perhaps) and so I said 'thanks' and ran off. Piled Gimpy on to the chair and we were off- with her crutches and 'The Boot' sticking out front, leading the way. Several facets of fun to this: the chair has no speed limit or brakes which is GREAT. But even better, once ya' get some velocity, the top part of the chair will actually spin while the chair goes <mostly> straight, making for some really interesting pirouetting through the store. Good stuff.

And her foot is getting better and healing nicely, thanks for asking!

:-)

Brian

Hugs?? You can't hug anybody anymore! (Easy Boys!)

... unless you wanna be accused of sexual harassment and have your career ended and/or be sued and/or imprisoned ... regardless of the existence of proof. McCarthyism 2.0

Oh, wait, did I misuse the easy boys? (EASY BOYS!)

ps I've always thought it should be "Easy, Boys" ... since "Easy Boys!" means you're calling us easy boys. Which I'm not saying is false. But it may not apply to every single one of us.

pss So you say you're C14 "pulls to the right"? (easy, boys?)

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2017, 03:42:12 PM »

Fun is where you find it: my wife recently had minor foot surgery ...

:thumbs: