Author Topic: 1992 Gas tank hoses  (Read 2120 times)

Offline rdmayhew

1992 Gas tank hoses
« on: July 25, 2014, 03:20:40 PM »
I'm trying to verify the hoses on the bottom of my gas tank.   I believe that the one on the back of the tank is a vent or overflow and just drops down between the frame. There also one that comes off the fuel sending unit that wasn't attached to aything.  Is that normal or is it suppose to be attached to something?   Someone has had the gas tank off before I got it, because the electrical plug was unplugged.   So I'd like to get everything hooked back up correctly.   Thanks for your help.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: 1992 Gas tank hoses
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 04:08:09 PM »
Two hoses from the petcock connects to the carbs. The other 2 just stay open. One is overflow and another is vent.

Offline rdmayhew

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
Thank You

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 08:19:28 AM »
The one coming from the fuel sending unit should be a square black plastic snap-on thing about 2" square with a hose attached to it.  The hose just kind of winds it way down to the swing arm pivot thru a clamp in case it ever leaks it would be directly to the ground.

The nipple on the rear of the gas tank (assuming this in not a CA model that has three) drains rain water or spilled gas onto the ground and pretty much follows the same path as the one above.

Make sure you have all 4 of the rubber bumpers while you are in there too.  Two round bumpers slide into holders on the frame, the third is a large about 5" square block rests on the frame at the rear of the tank, and a forth one is "U" shaped and goes over the frame right where the coils are.  Make sure you have the correct rubber parts and washers on the bolts that secure the tank also.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington