Author Topic: Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.  (Read 14645 times)

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
Re: Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
COGnosticat0r / Jerry :

Is your application that has not worked a C14 or a C10   ???  ?

If a C14, please go back and edit all your posts to make this very clear .... this is a C10 sub-forum section and your bad experience may not be at all valid for the C10 application of this product.  Not tryin' to be horsey, just don't want any C10'ers that drop-in late to be mislead by your posts.

Apples vs Oranges, ya know  ;)

Everyone that is posting about the C10 application seems to like the result.
Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
COGnosticat0r / Jerry :

If a C14, please go back and edit all your posts to make this very clear .... this is a C10 sub-forum section and your bad experience may not be at all valid for the C10 application of this product.  Not tryin' to be horsey, just don't want any C10'ers that drop-in late to be mislead by your posts.

Apples vs Oranges, ya know  ;)

Everyone that is posting about the C10 application seems to like the result.
We have confirmed that both  the C10  AND the C14 have this  same issue so yes, very relevant to this thread.
Other C10 riders may not be aware of the issue but need to be aware so they can  be on the look out.
A stock Connie @76 hp may not notice the slip in the clutch at WOT but mine is 100hp and a C14 at 133 would be even more noticeable.
In either case make sure you have that tiny bit of  play when you first pull the clutch lever in  or you could burn  your clutch plates out over time.

COGnosticat0r  why not try shaving some  material from the flat- stop section of the lever. That worked  for me.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:27:27 PM by Daytona_Mike »
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »
COGnosticat0r / Jerry :

Crap, when I log on I click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" and didn't notice it was for the C10 forum.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »
Did you let the bike get nice and warmed up and do a couple of WOT runs to make sure the clutch didn't slip

Yes I sure did, all the way to red line, the cluches grabbed thru the whole RPM range. no slippage.
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Centex

• Arena
    • Central Motorcycle Roadracing Association
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 11:36:36 PM »
Crap, when I log on I click on the "Show unread posts since last visit" and didn't notice it was for the C10 forum.

Hey, no worries Jerry, I'm just tryin to keep the info straight because of my own interest in these levers for my C10.  When I get my brake upgrade done I may consider the 2-finger shorty for the right hand with the long match for the left.

Bummer that they don't work for your C14, but thanks for clarifying :chugbeer:
Alan in Central Texas
2004 Connie COG 9476
2001 Ducati M750

Offline ATC Buckeye

« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 06:26:40 AM »
C10 here, all the way through the RPM range, no slippage, perfect.   Highly recommended.