Author Topic: Stator Problem? or Precursor to fried Battery ... (aka Plasma Ball Saga)  (Read 31712 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Stator Problem? or Precursor to fried Battery and electrical meltdown
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
I think there was some discussion about this on the other forum I can't look for the thread as I'm not on there anymore.

Here you go...google search brought this up.... http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/kds-confirmed-running-on-windows-7-or-windows-10/

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2018, 07:24:19 PM »
according to section 2 of  this instruction manual the driver files (KDSAdapter.inf and KDSAdapter.sys ) should be on the CD

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2018, 10:14:23 PM »
according to section 2 of  this instruction manual the driver files (KDSAdapter.inf and KDSAdapter.sys ) should be on the CD

I agree.  But my computer doesn't want to cooperate.  There aren't many files on the CD.  I don't see anything resembling a driver.

I think there was some discussion about this on the other forum I can't look for the thread as I'm not on there anymore.

Here you go...google search brought this up.... http://forum.cog-online.org/concours-14-zg1400-general-chat-and-tech/kds-confirmed-running-on-windows-7-or-windows-10/

I think I looked at that post today.  Nothing I've seen points me to a source for a driver.

It's obvious that I'm either doing something wrong or missed a step somewhere.  The installation process for the driver is pretty clear and so simple even I could do it.  Currently getting my butt kicked however.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2018, 01:58:16 AM »
I agree.  But my computer doesn't want to cooperate.  There aren't many files on the CD.  I don't see anything resembling a driver.

I think I looked at that post today.  Nothing I've seen points me to a source for a driver.

It's obvious that I'm either doing something wrong or missed a step somewhere.  The installation process for the driver is pretty clear and so simple even I could do it.  Currently getting my butt kicked however.

Can you pot up a picture of the directory structure of the CD like the one in the instructions?

your on W10 so you can use "Snipping Tool" (also in w7 & w8) to capture it and save the image as a file (click on windows search and type it in)

Even better open up a dos prompt (Windows + R or search (without quotes) , "cmd") and type in (without the quotes)

"tree d: > cdlist.txt" , hit enter

change "d:" to whatever letter is assigned to your CD drive

Open the file (still in DOS you can type in "notepad cdlist.txt") and copy'n'paste the output

--

Offline Tree

« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
This

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
--

Offline Tree

« Reply #166 on: March 25, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »
And bingo , there are the driver files
KDSAdapter.inf and KDSAdapter.sys
Just need to install manually
https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&ei=n-i3WpiKH8iBUbvFksAP&q=install+inf+file+windows+10&oq=how+t+install+an+inf+file

I'll be right back...

Offline Tree

« Reply #167 on: March 25, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »
The current challenge is my OS I think.  I walked thru the device manager process and attempted to point it to the driver but the result was nil.  The OS wants an x64 based .inf driver or some such nonsense.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #168 on: March 25, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
try this but do your own research on the site.... http://semantic.gs/kawasaki_diagnostic_system_usb_adapter64_driver_download

Offline Tree

« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
Progress!

Kind of.

I opted to get another tool in the form of a used laptop with Windows XP.  I was then able to get this OS to install the driver for the KDS adapter.  Yay!  Then I got this silly error message.  What is going on here?  Anyone?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2018, 10:36:58 PM »
It looks like you need an update to the software.  The ECU is probably newer than the version of KDS or its database understands.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tree

« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:57 PM »
It looks like you need an update to the software.  The ECU is probably newer than the version of KDS or its database understands.

Yep.  Looks that way.  The KIPASS ECU that's installed is new.  I had intended to install my recently repaired one and test it...  I am assuming that it is the original.  Since the bike is a 2008 I am 99.997% certain that it is in the "database".

However, if I installed the original and performed a successful registration then I will have a new ECU that isn't in the database.  I will be unable to install it back into the bike.  What to do?

Get my hands on a version of KDS that has an up-to-date database.  That's what.

Suggestions?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2018, 06:10:45 AM »
What kds software version are you running?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
Get my hands on a version of KDS that has an up-to-date database.  That's what.  Suggestions?

Most legally obtained software being used within the license conditions will have some type of update option.  I don't know much about KDS, though.  It might require a separate support contract or update fee or something?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tree

« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
What kds software version are you running?

Version 3.0.3.0 and 3.0.3(EN) database.  My local Stealer did the registration of my new ECU a couple of months ago...  His "version" must have a database that includes a N.I.B. unit (Said Captain Obvious). If I can find a version that is as current or newer than his I should be golden.

Offline Tree

« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:37 PM »
I found Ver. 3.0.9 on Ebay.  I'll give it a shot.

If it does work out I will be reinstalling the repaired KIPASS ECU and testing it.  Then run it in the bike for a while.  If it checks out I will either have a spare or offer it for sale.

That will leave the ABS issue as the last thing to recover.  It can wait.

I guess I can officially (?) say that I have recovered the bike now.  I have nothing else for this particular post so it will fade away into the place where shame and misery go to die.  Good riddance.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »
 :salute:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »
You know, I could make it a sticky....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Tree

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »
You know, I could make it a sticky....

Dang Jim!  Not even remotely funny.  OK, maybe a little.  I appreciate this forum as I'm sure that the Forum members appreciate me sharing my misadventures.  I'm sure that I will have more content in the future.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2018, 08:53:58 AM »
....... so it will fade away into the place where shame and misery go to die. 

HA! ..sorry Tree, yes we are your internet friends, but we aren't that kind of friends. We don't let pain and misery fade away, especially when we can quote past quotes. So you be careful now around those C14 electrons.

Now about your new avatar, or what I think it should be taking into account your screen name and this ordeal you've been through.