Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853668 times)

AlbertaDoug

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #980 on: March 29, 2015, 07:42:41 AM »
I'm very sorry for the loss of your loved ones you two.

My condolences gentalmen. I'm sure you all have fond memories of your lives with your loved ones. Riding is our best therapy for woes. Ride safe and long.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #981 on: March 29, 2015, 07:48:01 AM »
My condolences gentlemen. I'm sure you all have fond memories of your lives with your loved ones. Riding is our best therapy for woes. Ride safe and long.

+1
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #982 on: March 30, 2015, 05:41:46 AM »
Thanks guys. Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Forecast this week to warm up and rain. Wash the road grime (sand) off and let's get riding. :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline tomp

« Reply #983 on: March 30, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »
Ride to work tomorrow, then suppose to rain for the next 6-7 days.  At least I get tomorrow, even if it is to work.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #984 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:13 AM »
Nice warm day here yesterday. On my way home from work seen probably 20 bikes, I was going for a ride. Then I got home to this.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #985 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:30 AM »
Wow, they tore your house down while you were gone? Bummer

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #986 on: March 31, 2015, 07:02:50 AM »
Dang it. I hate when they do that. Last year they had the street in front of my house torn up , filled in and torn up again all summer. they were nice enough to build a gravel ramp from the excavated road up to the lane way( Access to my garage, parking pad.
the worst was waking up the morning we were leaving for our family vacation to the lake Towing our Boat. they had removed the gravel ramp. After a few pleasant words with the excavator operator the ramp was put back and we were happily on our way.

The sad part is the road that they repaved is now a Put holed uneven mess. :-\

On a positive note... I'm riding my Bike to work today!!!!!!

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #987 on: March 31, 2015, 08:20:18 AM »
Painted my mirror housings with Rustoleum bed liner. I have to paint my lower fairings this week, I am torn between the bed liner and catalyzed matte black.   :feedback:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #988 on: March 31, 2015, 09:46:28 AM »
Nice warm day here yesterday. On my way home from work seen probably 20 bikes, I was going for a ride. Then I got home to this.

Wow, they tore your house down while you were gone? Bummer

Not gone, they just turned his house sideways!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #989 on: March 31, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »
Painted my mirror housings with Rustoleum bed liner. I have to paint my lower fairings this week, I am torn between the bed liner and catalyzed matte black.   :feedback:

Bedliner should look/do well!

I like the idea.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline tomp

« Reply #990 on: March 31, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »
Bedliner is one of KLR owners' best friend.  Lot of guys paint their tanks and fairing areas with it.  If scratched, just patch it with more.  Try it, you'll like it... tomp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #991 on: March 31, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »
Fixed the scars today, shooting it with Rustoleum tomorrow.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #992 on: April 02, 2015, 09:07:05 AM »
Tom, my condolences on your loss.

sailor_chic

« Reply #993 on: April 02, 2015, 09:07:38 AM »

Offline tomp

« Reply #994 on: April 02, 2015, 09:15:26 AM »
Nicole, thank you for the kind words and the link. have a great weekend.  tomp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #995 on: April 02, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »
Rode it around King George today.  Changing the oil, oil filter, rear drive oil...

God, I love this bike. ;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #996 on: April 02, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
Nicole, thanks for starting this thread.   :finger_fing11: :banana   It's one of the longer running threads that we have but it's a keeper.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #997 on: April 02, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
Nicole, thanks for starting this thread.   :finger_fing11: :banana   It's one of the longer running threads that we have but it's a keeper.
Agree with that.  On KLR650.net, there is a "what did..." thread for the gen ll's that started in 09, and is now 677 pages, with 13,539 replies.  A loyal bunch of riders there. Triumphrat.net has a "What did..." thread also started in 09, and it now has 1074 pages and 10,739 replies and over 1,009,000 views.   Some threads on ADV dwarf even those two.  Yes I am a member  and contributor to those two threads since they were relatively new. 

Hope to see this thread carry on for years to come, all thanks to Nicole, and those of us that really enjoy the C14.  tomp

sailor_chic

« Reply #998 on: April 02, 2015, 03:32:04 PM »
I am amazed that it is on page 67. I would not have imagined that it would last so long. I do enjoy reading the posts that occur on here.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #999 on: April 02, 2015, 03:54:53 PM »

I think of it as the "almost anything goes" thread :)  Certainly does hold a record.  Fun thread, although I can't imagine any new member ever getting through it all!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc